PDA

View Full Version : Don't overlook the Gash signing

The Spaz
04-03-2003, 08:47 PM
http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/103132.html

Don't overlook the Gash signing
By Steve Tasker
Date: Apr 3, 2003

The Sam Gash signing indicates that Buffalo wants to go "power" this season. But more than that, Sam is a great addition to the team's chemistry. Perhaps, he won't make the same impact as Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams, but don't overlook him.

There's no question in my mind that Gash will start at fullback this season. Sam is a solid guy. He's the kind of guy - a quality-kind of guy - that every team wishes it had. And I'm not just saying this.

He's a great blocker, and on the field he produces and sticks up for his guys - he does everything he can to help the team win. He doesn't complain about the fact that he never carries the ball. In his three seasons in Baltimore, believe it or not, he had just four carries total. In fact, during the past five seasons, Sam carried the ball just 15 times, even though he only missed five games. If he rushes once next year for three yards, that will have tripled his rushing output the last four seasons.

Sam only cares if his team wins. And he plays that way, works that way, and expects his teammates to operate that way as well. He's just a player you need to have for a positive atmosphere in the locker room.

He's going to replace some of the leadership lost with Larry Centers' departure.

Granted, Sam is 34-years-old and other teams might have shied away from him because of his age and the fear that his body might not be able to take the pounding. I'm sure Sam has some football left in him. And I don't think the Bills would have signed him this early in the off-season if they didn't think he had some football left in him.

He's going to help guys play better and still help the Bills as a whole.

I posted the whole article because you have to be a member to see the whole thing so don't delete some of it or your not going to see the whole thing! I really like this signing! Go Bills!

ublinkwescore
04-03-2003, 08:59 PM
I like it too.

Anyone know what ever happened to Andy Katzenmoyer?

I think Sam Gash banished him from the league.

I could be wrong though.

Brian H
04-03-2003, 09:02 PM
:bf1:

Cntrygal
04-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Thanks Spaz!! :)

The Spaz
04-03-2003, 09:14 PM
No Problem!:) Go Bills!

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-04-2003, 02:02 PM
:fabulous:

You mark my words! By signing Sam Gash you just added another 2oo yard to Travis Henry's season. Assuming he stays healthy.

Sam has the experience, knowledge and savy to help TH be even more than he can be.

When it come to blocking for TH, here is what the defense will see coming at them!

:madcloud: