PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wright

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Considering we have two good backs, would it not make sense to shift Wright to fullback with his size? I was reading a scouting report on him and it was insinuated that a shift to fullback would be ideal.

Discuss.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
not a bad idea.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I thought we didn't use fullbacks.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 11:13 AM
It's probably why we can't punch it in or gain 2 inches in 4th downs.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:14 AM

We didn't, not in fairchild's offense. Now is a different story. It would be wise to bring the FB position back.

Wys Guy
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Considering we have two good backs, would it not make sense to shift Wright to fullback with his size? I was reading a scouting report on him and it was insinuated that a shift to fullback would be ideal.

Discuss.

Jauron bent over backwards prior to the season insisting that this offense not only doesn't need a FB, but also couldn't use one.

IMO we need one, but the geniuses don't think so.

Who am I, are we, to challenge the authors of the worst offense in the league.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Jauron bent over backwards prior to the season insisting that this offense not only doesn't need a FB, but also couldn't use one.

What jauron forgot was that back in chicago he had a fullback and it actually helped his running game back then. If memory serves correct, A-train had a monster year his rookie season w/ a fullback paving the way.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2008, 11:36 AM

Well Marv and Dick went to Ivys. And you? Buffalo State Memorial City College?

Wys Guy
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
What jauron forgot was that back in chicago he had a fullback and it actually helped his running game back then. If memory serves correct, A-train had a monster year his rookie season w/ a fullback paving the way.

I think that you give Jauron far too much credit for thinking and what he's actually thought about.

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
If not mistaken that FB was Damion Shelton.

In terms of Wright he does have the skill set needed for a FB but he'd have to learn how to lead block and pass block. It's not a bad idea and would definitely justify selecting him as right now he's looking like a bust.

Wys Guy
01-04-2008, 11:51 AM

Yes, for history and what, sociology or something like that.

Yeah, that's sure relevant Miyagi!

Good one.

No, my academic credentials mirror James Lofton's. An engineering degree, a business degree, and a Master in Operations Research and Analysis from a very good school. Sorry to break it to ya.

By the way, "process improvement" was an incredibly critical component throughout my entire academic and even professional careers.

Let me guess, you have a liberal arts degree too, ... right?!

bigbub2352
01-04-2008, 11:56 AM
This is a pure example of Fairchild's misuse of personnel and not gettin the ball the the hands of the correct player, for him not gettin playin time was a joke, and u cant base his production or his talent level on this season, he can catch out of the backfeild and should have been used in shortyardage situations, horrible job again by Stevie boy, i think we will have a very talented group of running backs next season, get rid of the old man, and Wright, Jackson and Lynch will smash teams all day

djjimkelly
01-04-2008, 12:00 PM

i love the educational references and so on. we should start a thread so we can all measure with DICK on educational prowess.

i went to mcmaster and brock universities in canada half of our case studys while i was working on my finance degree said harvard at the top.

so all this ivy league crap dont mean crap

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
No, my academic credentials mirror James Lofton's. An engineering degree, a business degree, and a Master in Operations Research and Analysis from a very good school. Sorry to break it to ya.

!were you absent in your probability class in engineering? They :bravo:

dannyek71
01-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Good one.

By the way, "process improvement" was an incredibly critical component throughout my entire academic and even professional careers.

Too bad not everyone can have an associate of arts in the history of contemporary dance from the University of Phoenix like I have.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Too bad not everyone can have an associate of arts in the history of contemporary dance from the University of Phoenix like I have.
Is that why you drink heavily? :D

dannyek71
01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Is that why you drink heavily? :D

With a degree like that, I can afford to fall back and enjoy the finer things in life.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 03:03 PM
With a degree like that, I can afford to fall back and enjoy the finer things in life.
would lap dancing be considered contemporary ?

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2008, 03:08 PM

Good one.

:rofl: I'm not the one who thinks he knows it all, and questions the guys who's been in the field for many many years AND with superior education and credentials.

But YOU are.

yordad
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM

Who am I, are we, to challenge the authors of the worst offense in the league.Actually, I don't recall this at all. Maybe you could provide a link. I watch most of the interviews, and listen on the radio to post game interviews. I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I do not recall this.

Not to mention, after this past season, that genius might have changed his mind.

I personally feel the H-back was a huge disapointment. It might have been alright if we had the talented TE/H-backs to play. But we don't. Besides, our H-backs are kind of just receiving FBs that aren't very good at lead blocking. They are no threat to run at all. They are better at blocking on a line when they are needed for lead blocking. Lead blocking requires a differnent skill set than blocking as a TE would. It makes no sense.

Why not draft a recieving FB. One that can run it a few times a game. One that can lead block. Or, if Wright can lead block, he could do fine.

H-back was a sorry attempt at being imaginative and making due with our poor TE lineup, while not wanting to spend a pick on a FB because we had so many holes.

To add to this, I think Wright is not going to be a good half back in this league. I can't be certain, because he hasn't got many touches. But, I haven't seen anything from him yet that suggest he can excell at anything as a ball carrier. He has a solid frame. He would be a project, but FB is surely in the realm of possibilities by my estimates.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2008, 04:30 PM
here's what should happen to Dwayne Wright, it can be summed up in one single small word.

Cut.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 04:34 PM
i heart fullbacks

they can run, block, catch .... the versatility alone makes them valuable. Of course, that requires a creative OC, so maybe it's better we didn't have one under Fairchild because he wouldn't have known how to use one

venis2k1
01-04-2008, 04:47 PM
If we had two good TEs or Three good WRs I would have no problem with no FB sets....but we dont.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I think Wright has zero talent. I'm thinking he might not be on the roster next year.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
:rofl: I'm not the one who thinks he knows it all, and questions the guys who's been in the field for many many years AND with superior education and credentials.

But YOU are.

ROFL

I'm also not the one that's wrong perenially like you. '

;)

PS I noticed that in the midst of your challenge, much like everything else, you didn't even ante up what you had asked someone else to do or challenged them on!

Typical of you.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Actually, I don't recall this at all. Maybe you could provide a link. I watch most of the interviews, and listen on the radio to post game interviews. I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I do not recall this.

Not to mention, after this past season, that genius might have changed his mind.

I personally feel the H-back was a huge disapointment. It might have been alright if we had the talented TE/H-backs to play. But we don't. Besides, our H-backs are kind of just receiving FBs that aren't very good at lead blocking. They are no threat to run at all. They are better at blocking on a line when they are needed for lead blocking. Lead blocking requires a differnent skill set than blocking as a TE would. It makes no sense.

Why not draft a recieving FB. One that can run it a few times a game. One that can lead block. Or, if Wright can lead block, he could do fine.

H-back was a sorry attempt at being imaginative and making due with our poor TE lineup, while not wanting to spend a pick on a FB because we had so many holes.

To add to this, I think Wright is not going to be a good half back in this league. I can't be certain, because he hasn't got many touches. But, I haven't seen anything from him yet that suggest he can excell at anything as a ball carrier. He has a solid frame. He would be a project, but FB is surely in the realm of possibilities by my estimates.

There may be links to their statements in my piece both criticizing the decision as well as stating that the decision made no sense. I put it in several preseason pieces.

I did the legwork then, if you want the data, Google it yourself. Try Levy/Jauron/Bills/fullback and see what pops up.

I promise you that they said this several times. They released [forget his memorable name] at FB, the old as the hills guy we've had I think, and said they'd g/ with an HB/blocking-TE thing as that befit their system, which we all clearly know by now is entirely and utterly defunct. They even stated that they did not need a FB, specifically.

I simply don't have the energy, time, or desire to chase down and keep track of what they said.

I was going to do another Quote Boat running piece this season prior to losing interest in the team after a couple of weeks. Here's what that had in it to start the season:

The Quotes:
"He's young, he's been to training camp, and he's comfortable with it," said general manager Marv Levy of Nall. "He's not the nervous rookie quarterback who is trying to adapt and learn while you're waiting for him to develop. He's very much ready to emerge in my opinion. I like his ability to throw the ball."

- Marv Levy, March 2006 (source: mulitple)

One season later Nall is released in cuts to the 53-man roster, apparently no longer "very much ready to emerge" according to Levy’s opinion apparently feeling the need to draft an undistinguished injury-prone QB to replace him in the 3<SUP>rd</SUP>-round of this past draft. Quick question Mr. Levy; what happened? Was your assessment wrong, or did you decide that it was a good idea to release a QB "on the cusp" to paraphrase?

"We've put together, given our resources, the best group we can under the circumstances right now," Buffalo's 82-year-old general manager Marv Levy said. "So we're looking for them to advance quickly."

- Marv Levy, prior to week 1 2007 (source: Jeff Mezydlo pregame on Yahoo Sports)

You have? By Jove! Or perhaps Great Scott is the better expression here. We’re looking for them to advance too Marv. By the way, we’re not sure that you noticed that only two draftees of your entire draft will get the opportunity to start unless other players brought in by you fail also. So the sum total then of "what you’ve put together" in terms of youth is two draft picks then? We couldn’t help but notice that only one of your three day-one picks from last year’s draft is even starting this year or that not one of your ’06 draft picks has distinguished himself beyond the very average.

Following the loss to the Broncos in week 1 and regarding the Bills’ decision to throw deep to Lee Evans on a 3<SUP>rd</SUP>-and-5 when all that was needed was a simple 1<SUP>st</SUP>-down to more or less win the game:

"if it was a bad call, it was my fault." - Head Coach Dick Jauron

Yes coach, it was a terrible call among many. It falls well into the "what were they thinking category!" Yes coach, if it was your decision then it certainly was your fault. So is losing. Of course your selection of assistants is also to blame for that. Fairchild’s doing a remarkable job so soon, don’t you think? And we can lay blame at the feet of your immediate boss Marv "Already Circling the Drain" Levy for hiring you. Quick question, since when does it make sense to decide to go after the lowest percentage plays and right at the strength of the opposing defense when the game is on the line? Is this somehow logically confusing to you? Just curious as inquiring minds want to know. Yale was it? Last question: What’s it like to make millions while doing such an incredibly poor job?

"Kevin knows that he's a part of this team and everybody else on the team knows it, too," Jauron said last week. "It's the way it is and the way it'll be. It definitely serves a purpose to keep him right in front of us in that locker room. And we'll keep it that way."

- Head Coach Dick Jauron

Once again the Bills’ organization cannot be trusted. In a season as abysmal as this one, with an injury as serious and previously even life-threatening, in other words an injury of the variety that only occurs to a player with incredible infrequency to the tune of every so many decades, should not the sole theme of this sorry, sorry, sorry season, be keeping Kevin in the hearts and minds of the entire organization from Wilson to players to fans?
Everett’s locker already stands empty not two weeks later. The reason: the team "needed the space." What a tribute! I’m sure Kevin feels just so honored over this all. I’m curious as to which player that typically would not have a job in the NFL save for the Bills occupies the space!

My take: There’s some other space that the team needs too. I’ll be happy to pick up the tab for the boxes for Levy, Jauron, Modrak, Guy, Majeski, McNally, and Fairchild to put their stuff into and evacuate their "needed" spaces too. The spaces between their ears should also have something installed into them as well. Hell, I’ll even pick up their cab fare to the airport.

It is no secret that it is my belief that this entire organization at the top levels is run by utter buffoons, but their handling of this sole issue has driven a wedge between myself and the organization that transcends merely football and the obvious folly that this team is perpetrating on its own fans.
The entire thing smacks of lacking class. The only thing that I as a fan am even rooting for regarding this team this season is a full and complete recovery for Everett, at least insofar as his ability to live a normal life goes.

This team is becoming a comedy channel caricature black-comedy-of-errors. It certainly has become more farcical more quickly than the Donadope era did. But hey, let’s see how far Levy can flush this organization down into the city owned plumbing. The commode has already been flushed and the turd well under way.

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2008, 10:54 AM
ROFL

I'm also not the one that's wrong perenially like you. '

;)

PS I noticed that in the midst of your challenge, much like everything else, you didn't even ante up what you had asked someone else to do or challenged them on!

Typical of you.
Because I didn't feel the need to gloat like you did, a classic sign of lack of self-confidence and inferiority complex.