• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Dwayne Wright

Considering we have two good backs, would it not make sense to shift Wright to fullback with his size? I was reading a scouting report on him and it was insinuated that a shift to fullback would be ideal.

Discuss.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dwayne Wright

not a bad idea.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I thought we didn't use fullbacks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        It's probably why we can't punch it in or gain 2 inches in 4th downs.
        sacrifice1

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

We didn't, not in fairchild's offense. Now is a different story. It would be wise to bring the FB position back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerr
            Considering we have two good backs, would it not make sense to shift Wright to fullback with his size? I was reading a scouting report on him and it was insinuated that a shift to fullback would be ideal.

Discuss.
            Jauron bent over backwards prior to the season insisting that this offense not only doesn't need a FB, but also couldn't use one.

IMO we need one, but the geniuses don't think so.

Who am I, are we, to challenge the authors of the worst offense in the league.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Wys Guy
              Jauron bent over backwards prior to the season insisting that this offense not only doesn't need a FB, but also couldn't use one.

What jauron forgot was that back in chicago he had a fullback and it actually helped his running game back then. If memory serves correct, A-train had a monster year his rookie season w/ a fullback paving the way.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Well Marv and Dick went to Ivys. And you? Buffalo State Memorial City College?

Comment

What jauron forgot was that back in chicago he had a fullback and it actually helped his running game back then. If memory serves correct, A-train had a monster year his rookie season w/ a fullback paving the way.
                  I think that you give Jauron far too much credit for thinking and what he's actually thought about.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

If not mistaken that FB was Damion Shelton.

In terms of Wright he does have the skill set needed for a FB but he'd have to learn how to lead block and pass block. It's not a bad idea and would definitely justify selecting him as right now he's looking like a bust.

Comment

Yes, for history and what, sociology or something like that.

Yeah, that's sure relevant Miyagi!

Good one.

No, my academic credentials mirror James Lofton's. An engineering degree, a business degree, and a Master in Operations Research and Analysis from a very good school. Sorry to break it to ya.

By the way, "process improvement" was an incredibly critical component throughout my entire academic and even professional careers.

Let me guess, you have a liberal arts degree too, ... right?!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

This is a pure example of Fairchild's misuse of personnel and not gettin the ball the the hands of the correct player, for him not gettin playin time was a joke, and u cant base his production or his talent level on this season, he can catch out of the backfeild and should have been used in shortyardage situations, horrible job again by Stevie boy, i think we will have a very talented group of running backs next season, get rid of the old man, and Wright, Jackson and Lynch will smash teams all day
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• djjimkelly
                          • Apr 2003

i love the educational references and so on. we should start a thread so we can all measure with DICK on educational prowess.

i went to mcmaster and brock universities in canada half of our case studys while i was working on my finance degree said harvard at the top.

so all this ivy league crap dont mean crap

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

No, my academic credentials mirror James Lofton's. An engineering degree, a business degree, and a Master in Operations Research and Analysis from a very good school. Sorry to break it to ya.

!
                            were you absent in your probability class in engineering? They
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-04-2008, 03:37 PM.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• dannyek71
                              Drink Responsibly
                              • Dec 2004

Yes, for history and what, sociology or something like that.

Yeah, that's sure relevant Miyagi!

Good one.

By the way, "process improvement" was an incredibly critical component throughout my entire academic and even professional careers.

Let me guess, you have a liberal arts degree too, ... right?!
                              Too bad not everyone can have an associate of arts in the history of contemporary dance from the University of Phoenix like I have.
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X