PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Both of them played in versions of the WCO at stanford and Cal, which is why it would probably be ideal to bring in a coordinator who's had success running the WCO.

Mooch?
Callahan?

Discuss.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Please god not WCO again. :ill:

ddaryl
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
no what the Bills need is anything but these niche O's and D's

get rid of the Tampa 2 and for god's sake no WCO in buffalo

tat2dmike77
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Apparentlly somebody forgot about the disaster that was the WCO here in buffalo a few years ago.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Apparentlly somebody forgot about the disaster that was the WCO here in buffalo a few years ago.

I'm well aware of that disaster but that was with different coaches and different players. By this logic this team might as well forget about using all other pro offenses because the past ones didn't work.

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
As brought up in another thread if we were to run the WCO, which think a good chance as again I harken that Jauron's first choice for OC was Mike Sherman not Fairchild. I'd love Mooch, not sold on Callahan. Though a guy I could see us bringing in is Bill Musgrave. He isn't the top of my list choice but he's what I deem a realistic choice.

madness
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
The WCO was a disaster here because it was late to the party and more of the conventional version that showed predictable formations (1TE, 2RB, 2WR) and ran continuous short routes without ever taking shots down field. It was easy as cake to defend against.

While more and more defenses switch the bend but don't break philosphy; today's WCO is a thing of beauty, utilizing mutiple sets like 3WR and double TE. Now defenses can't tell if it's a run or pass and backs becomes more effective with catching screens and short passes pretty much doubling as a running plays. The big play has also been integrated into today's WCO and you have to look no further then teams like GB and Seattle or SF which can stretch the field with a big play TE like V. Davis.

In short, today's WCO keeps the ball in the offense's hands and gives teams the opportunity to score quickly if needed.

Jeff1220
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Didn't the Bills try to run the WCO with RJ? I don't think ithe WCO ever had a realistic chance to be successful in Buffalo.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Didn't the Bills try to run the WCO with RJ? I don't think ithe WCO ever had a realistic chance to be successful in Buffalo.

There's the problem. The WCO requires quick reads and field smarts.

Scumbag College
01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
For the Bills to run a WCO in 2008, they will need to get a big WR, a receiving TE, and a FB. Maybe Schouman can be the FB, maybe not though. That's a tough transition in one year.

Jeff1220
01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
There's the problem. The WCO requires quick reads and field smarts.

That was my point.

bills&sabresmvf
01-04-2008, 11:30 PM
Schouman played Fullback/TE in College...split duties. He actually played some this year in preseason