PDA

View Full Version : Losman wants to be traded, agent says

Philagape
01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
off AP wire ....

Losman prefers to be traded, rather than return for 1 more year
By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Bills quarterback J.P Losman wants out of Buffalo, unhappy with how he lost his starting job to rookie Trent Edwards this past season.
Losman's agent, Gary Wichard, told The Associated Press on Friday that his client would prefer to be traded, but added Losman would play out the final year of his contract if necessary. Wichard said he has not yet spoken to the Bills because the team is seeking a new general manager after Marv Levy stepped down earlier this week.
Whether the Bills choose to keep Losman, Wichard said he didn't see any chance of Losman remaining with the team after next season.
"That ship has sailed, my friend," Wichard said. "Hopefully, they do something this year. And if not, we'll just walk away after next year."
Wichard said he spoke out now because he knew how unhappy his client is. He said he and Losman didn't want to air their views during the season so not to cause a distraction to the team.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Still classy. I hope we didn't the same mistake we made during the DF-RJ era.

G Wolly
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
At least he's not going all TO on us and making a media frenzy out of it.

Well I wish him luck and hope he goes to a team that could use him.

Thanks for the memories JP.

G. Host
01-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Remember Canadian money is at par. How much can we get from CFL?

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Remember Canadian money is at par. How much can we get from CFL?
that probably won't be a bad thing. The qb that saved this franchise came from the CFl.

venis2k1
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Trading JP for less than a 3rd round pick is stupid...Best FA QBs this season...

Rex Grossman
Daunte Culpepper
Josh McCown
Quinn Gray

ptd86
01-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Trading JP for less than a 3rd round pick is stupid...Best FA QBs this season...

Rex Grossman
Daunte Culpepper
Josh McCown
Quinn Gray

i would rather have any of those guys and keep my 3rd round pick than have jp and have to give one up.

G. Host
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Rex Grossman
Daunte Culpepper
Josh McCown
Quinn Gray

Daunte Culpepper would be amusing for how FTP would react :rofl:

Philagape
01-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Here's the rest .....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-losman&prov=ap&type=lgns

Yasgur's Farm
01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
New GM... New OC... You never know how this will end up!!

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
i would rather have any of those guys and keep my 3rd round pick than have jp and have to give one up.
Exactly, the article basically says deal him now or say goodbye to JP in 2009 for nothing. I'd rather take the pick and a veteran in UFA. JP's equivalent to what Martin Biron was to the Sabres in 2006-07. I say move him out for something while can get something and sign his replacement through free agency.

patmoran2006
01-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Piss on him..

He had EVERY CHANCE IN THE WORLD to be the "franchise" QB here and his bonehead after bonehead decision and demeanor did him in.

See ya!!!

justasportsfan
New GM... New OC... You never know how this will end up!!
Word!

Confused

Rex Grossman
Daunte Culpepper
Josh McCown
Quinn Gray

jp would definatelty be "the smartest kid with downs syndrome" here.

Yasgur's Farm
01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
In eight appearances this year, including seven starts, Losman finished with slightly better numbers than Edwards. Losman completed 63.4 percent of his passes and finished with a 76.9 rating, as opposed to Edwards, who had a 56.1 completion percentage and 70.4 rating.SLIGHTLY??? Is 10% "slightly"?

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
SLIGHTLY???
He's a rookie

G. Host
01-04-2008, 06:51 PM
that probably won't be a bad thing. The qb that saved this franchise came from the CFl.

I was joking and I think JP will be kept because Trent has not proved he is Farve/Losman/Manning and can be injured. If another team had an option for a QB we would take instead then they would take that QB too. Only thing Bills have is Losman is under contract and can control where he may be traded but Losman can play that one year deal too.

Yasgur's Farm
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
He's a rookie.Oh... I see. And if a promising HS kid came in and completed 46% with a 66 passer rating, he should replace Edwards???!!!

Devin
01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks anyway JP hope ya land on your feet bro!

Yasgur's Farm
01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
You people are so quick to negg!!

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I was joking and I think JP will be kept because Trent has not proved he is Farve/Losman/Manning and can be injured. If another team had an option for a QB we would take instead then they would take that QB too. Only thing Bills have is Losman is under contract and can control where he may be traded but Losman can play that one year deal too.
I knew you were joking.

I dont think JP will be kept. ralph won't pay him. We are gonna have to take our chances with Trent and hope and pray he can be as potent as Jp in the deep throw.

Maybe we will find another rookie qb that slips into the 3rd rd again in next years draft.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh... I see. And if a promising HS kid came in and completed 46% with a 66 passer rating, he should replace Edwards???!!!

I don't know. You might want to ask the others. I think JP was lowballed here. He was Fairchilds scapegoat.

Now we're gonna need to find someone to clean the streets of buffalo. Can't be Trent, he probably bailed and went back to Cali.

yordad
01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Noooooooooooooo, I am officially going to give your guys a in depth statisical comparison. Followed by my strong views.

Next time I have some significant time.

Night Train
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I didn't know the dead horsebeaters club had Friday meetings.

TacklingDummy
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
"I give him credit for handling this thing the way he has," Wichard said. "But at the end, he said, `I'm out of here."'

They better get rid of this cancer before it infects others.

He had every chance in the world to succeed here and he has no one to blame but himself for failing.

The media said before the Bills drafted Losman that he was an arrogant dick. It seems to be true. Boohoo they didn't want me here, cry me a river. You got paid 20 million dollars to produce. You didn't. Who's the one who got screwed?

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know. You might want to ask the others. I think JP was lowballed here. He was Fairchilds scapegoat.

Now we're gonna need to find someone to clean the streets of buffalo. Can't be Trent, he probably bailed and went back to Cali.
Was he a scapegoat of Mularkey's too?? As Mularkey actually made guys like Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox look good in Pittsburgh or are you attributing their success to Bill Cowher instead?

TacklingDummy
01-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I hope he took the tip I gave him a few months ago and put his house up for sale.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
"I give him credit for handling this thing the way he has," Wichard said. "But at the end, he said, `I'm out of here."'

They better get rid of this cancer before it infects others.

He had every chance in the world to succeed here and he has no one to blame but himself for failing.

The media said before the Bills drafted Losman that he was an arrogant dick. It seems to be true. Boohoo they didn't want me here, cry me a river. You got paid 20 million dollars to produce. You didn't. Who's the one who got screwed?
I agree. Lets get rid of Lee, Whitner, Royals , Parrish. They spoke in the middle of the season. Reed spoke out at the end. All cancers.

BTW, TDummy. Jp said that to his agent. Not to the press. Sad attempt to make him look like a cancer. There was no bigger cancer in the history of this franchise than your boy Flutie.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Was he a scapegoat of Mularkey's too?? As Mularkey actually made guys like Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox look good in Pittsburgh or are you attributing their success to Bill Cowher instead?
He was a victim of Mularkeys stupidity as well.

Roscoe'sChicken69
01-04-2008, 07:18 PM
He is going to be traded, even if his agent did not say that. He sucks. Trent Edwards is the next Tom Brady.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I think JP was mis-managed in the beginning but in the end he was given a fair shake.

His play was miserable in a winnable game against the Jags. He knew his job was on the line and he laid an egg. He admitted as much so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Goodbye.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
hope and pray he can be as potent as Jp in the deep throw.

Pass thrown: 31-40 yards
Trent 2-6
JP 0-7 (6-16 in 2006)

Pass thrown: 41+ yards
Trent 1-3
JP 2-6 (3-10 in 2006)

He's there. And he had the best bomb of the year, hitting Evans in stride.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I think JP was mis-managed in the beginning but in the end he was given a fair shake.

His play was miserable in a winnable game against the Jags. He knew his job was on the line and he laid an egg. He admitted as much so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Goodbye.the jags? But when trent stinks it up against the worst D in the league it's either, he's a rookie, It's Fairchilds fault or the weather?

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
the jags? But when trent stinks it up against the worst D in the league it's either, he's a rookie, It's Fairchilds fault or the weather?

Why are you bringing up Edwards?

Did you watch the Jags game? The mistakes he made were on him and him only. He admitted as much.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Pass thrown: 31-40 yards
Trent 2-6
JP 0-7 (6-16 in 2006)

Pass thrown: 41+ yards
Trent 1-3
JP 2-6 (3-10 in 2006)

He's there. And he had the best bomb of the year, hitting Evans in stride.

I was talking about last year. This year meant nothing and neither qb is to blame but Fairchild. I know you were trying tobait me into that in the other thread.

The problem is, Fairchild thought he could improve on what they did last year. Just like Mangini and the jets, people figured them out. Fairchild had no response. He couldn't make adjustments. So he made Jp the scapegoat.

Trent comes in, he makes Fairchild look better with dinks and dunks shielding the fact that Fairchild was suppose to be running MArtz system. That wasn't what Fairchild was brought in for. we were already dinking and dunking with Holcomb in the first place. Trent brough the Holcomb like O back with the POTENTIAl to throw deep. Maybe we should bring back Holcomb.

I can only hope that Trent will have a JP like season of 2006 next year. For someone who supposedly throws high percentage short passes , his completion rate sucks. JP completion is even better.

raphael120
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
No one is going to drop the JP thing until he's 3rd string somewhere else 5 years from now. Holy crap man.

raphael120
01-04-2008, 07:30 PM
check out last year.

The problem is, Fairchild thought he could improve on what they did last year. Just like Mangini and the jets, people figured them out. Fairchild had no response. He couldn't make adjustments. So he made Jp the scapegoat.

Trent comes in, he makes Fairchild look better with dinks and dunks shielding the fact that Fairchild was suppose to be running MArtz system. That wasn't what Fairchild was brought in for. we were already dinking and dunking with Holcomb in the first place. Trent brough the Holcomb like O back with the POTENTIAl to throw deep. Maybe we should bring back Holcomb.

I can only hope that Trent will have a JP like season of 2006 next year. For someone who supposedly throws high percentage short passes , his completion rate sucks. JP completion is even better.

To win we need someone better than JP and someone better than Trent is playing right now.

Everyone needs to get that point. We're not getting anywhere with JP, so bye bye, and we're not going to get anywhere with Trent unless he improves upon his rookie season. In other words, drop the whole JP thing. He's done here.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Why are you bringing up Edwards?

Did you watch the Jags game? The mistakes he made were on him and him only. He admitted as much.

double standards. You blast Jp for a bad game against an awsome D and then make excuses for another against the worst D in the league.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
No one is going to drop the JP thing until he's 3rd string somewhere else 5 years from now. Holy crap man.

Totally agree.

JP has a big arm, that's it. Even his scrambling ability wasn't impressive and he was the fastest QB in his draft class.

He'll only need one more year in this league as a starter before he's officially done.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
To win we need someone better than JP and someone better than Trent is playing right now.

Everyone needs to get that point. We're not getting anywhere with JP, so bye bye, and we're not going to get anywhere with Trent unless he improves upon his rookie season. In other words, drop the whole JP thing. He's done here.
I don't disagree. No one was gonna go anywhere with Fairchild calling the shots. Why am I gonna drop the whole JP thing when he's the subject of the thread? Why don't you say the samme thing to those who are blasting him.

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
the jags? But when trent stinks it up against the worst D in the league it's either, he's a rookie, It's Fairchilds fault or the weather?
Honestly, was JP's play significantly better than TE's at all this year that you really think he should be starting? To me they played pretty much as good/bad. The difference being that JP has played in 20 plus more games then Edwards to this point in their young careers.

raphael120
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't disagree. No one was gonna go anywhere with Fairchild calling the shots. Why am I gonna drop the whol;e JP thing when he'sthe sunject of the thread?

You understand my point, brotha.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Totally agree.

JP has a big arm, that's it. Even his scrambling ability wasn't impressive and he was the fastest QB in his draft class.

Thats Fairchilds fault. Even Trent looking bad against the worst D in the league is Fairchilds fault.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Anyone bashing JP for wanting to be traded is an IDIOT. He is no CANCER. If he was he would of spoke during the season or even spouted off to the media...Which by the way TD he DIDNT! I hope he lands somewhere and becomes a damn probowler and show what a mistake it is to give up on him.

He has shown nothing but CLASS since hes been a Bill and still is being Classy. He has not talked down on this team or its crappy coaches since his tenure as a Bill has started. So you Haters get over your damn selves.

raphael120
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I don't disagree. No one was gonna go anywhere with Fairchild calling the shots. Why am I gonna drop the whole JP thing when he's the subject of the thread? Why don't you say the samme thing to those who are blasting him.

I agree Fairchild sucked.

But thing is, we can hope and think and wonder about how things couldve been with JP, but face reality. The way things have been handled in the organization, unless we get a brand new GM that fires Jauron and decides to keep JP and sign him to a big contract and tells Edwards to sit, then JP is leaving. He's done with the Bills organization as is..

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
double standards. You blast Jp for a bad game against an awsome D and then make excuses for another against the worst D in the league.

One more time. JP didn't blame the Jags D for his poor play. The Jags D didn't stop him, he stopped himself.

Trent gets the same benefit of the doubt this year that I gave JP for 3 years. So where is the double standard?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Year</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=right>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2007</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>10</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>70.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>151</TD><TD class=yspscores>269</TD><TD class=yspscores>56.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>1630</TD><TD class=yspscores>163.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>49</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>105</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Honestly, was JP's play significantly better than TE's at all this year that you really think he should be starting? To me they played pretty much as good/bad. The difference being that JP has played in 20 plus more games then Edwards to this point in their young careers.

I don't care if it was Manning here. If you gave Manning the same OL JP had here he'd suck. If you gave Manning Fairchild and Mularkey , he'd suck. As for Trent, he's done nothing but dink and dunk that made Fairchild look good which wasn't the MArtz system.

bring in a real OC and make them compete for the starting job would be the ideal way to go but it aint gonna happen because Ralph won't pay JP the money.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I agree Justa

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree Fairchild sucked.

But thing is, we can hope and think and wonder about how things couldve been with JP, but face reality. The way things have been handled in the organization, unless we get a brand new GM that fires Jauron and decides to keep JP and sign him to a big contract and tells Edwards to sit, then JP is leaving. He's done with the Bills organization as is..
He is still a bill. I don't blame him for thinking that way. He even said he will stay if they make him stay.

this is a JP thread, if you don't like to talk or read about him then don't open the thread.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
One more time. JP didn't blame the Jags D for his poor play. The Jags D didn't stop him, he stopped himself.

Trent gets the same benefit of the doubt this year that I gave JP for 3 years. So where is the double standard?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Year</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=right>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>QBRat</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/G</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Fum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2007</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores align=right>10</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>70.4</TD><TD class=yspscores>151</TD><TD class=yspscores>269</TD><TD class=yspscores>56.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>1630</TD><TD class=yspscores>163.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>6.1</TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>49</TD><TD class=yspscores>4.9</TD><TD class=yspscores>3.5</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD class=yspscores>105</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's double standard when you blast him for facing better defenses and make excuses when Trent stinks it up against Cleveland.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I don't care if it was Manning here. If you gave Manning the same OL JP had here he'd suck. If you gave Manning Fairchild and Mularkey , he'd suck. As for Trent, he's done nothing but dink and dunk.

bring in a real OC and make them compete for the starting job would be the ideal way to go but it aint gonna happen because Ralph won't pay JP the money.

Justa you are not a student of the game. If you watch enough football and compare JP to other QBs in the league he pretty much blows. He's a Joey Harrington clone. Rex Grossman is better.

Trent is a rookie who played better. Period. Is he our franchise QB? Not sure, but I like what I have seen so far.

When Trent plays better than JP next year will you admit that you were wrong?

Funny, I defended JP against TD and SAB because I thought he just needed some time. He got it and he still sucked. So yes, I'm out of excuses for him.

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't care if it was Manning here. If you gave Manning the same OL JP had here he'd suck. If you gave Manning Fairchild and Mularkey , he'd suck. As for Trent, he's done nothing but dink and dunk.

Did you see Edward's 70 yard bomb to Evans? Did you see his ability to escape pressure in the pocket to hit Lynch for a screen that went 23 yards? or his scramble for 10 yards in the season finale? Did you see his ability to feel pressure in the pocket and avoid taking sack?

I hate to say it but your sounding like me when I supported Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie, Your in love with the thought of what JP could become when the reality he probably won't ever get there.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Justa you are not a student of the game. If you watch enough football and compare JP to other QBs in the league he pretty much blows. :rofl: and you are?

Actually a student of the game knows that no one would've succeeded under the same circumstances.

DO you rhink Trent would've thrived here if he was the one we drafted when we drafted JP?

Philagape
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
I was talking about last year. This year meant nothing and neither qb is to blame but Fairchild. I know you were trying tobait me into that in the other thread.

All I ever try to get you or anyone else to do when talking about a quarterback -- not the offense as a whole, just the quarterback, which is what this thread is about -- is to discuss how that quarterback plays. The quality of his passes, the soundness of his decisions, his mechanics, his poise under pressure.

Can you do that? Will you ever do that? Just once?

Are players robots? Are they all the same? That's what's implied when a coach is blamed for everything. That's an idea that's barely appropriate for electric football, never mind the NFL.

And as I've pointed out before, JP dinked and dunked as much as Trent.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Did you see Edward's 70 yard bomb to Evans? Did you see his ability to escape pressure in the pocket to hit Lynch for a screen that went 23 yards? or his scramble for 10 yards in the season finale? Did you see his ability to feel pressure in the pocket and avoid taking sack?
Please, JP did those things too.He actually thit Evans more times in his rookie year.

I also know that Holcomb threw for 400 yards in a playoff game. Whats your point?

I'd like to see that consistently. BTW, that 70 yards bomb means nothing when he could hit his wrs in the short passing game in the last 3 games.

This is not a blast on Edwards., just that you guys are trying to make him look like a HOF qb. Look at his precentage, horrbile for a dink and dunk guy.

BTW, I never said Trent couldn't throw a deep ball. It just that it isn't as proven as JP's.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
All I ever try to get you or anyone else to do when talking about a quarterback -- not the offense as a whole, just the quarterback, which is what this thread is about -- is to discuss how that quarterback plays. The quality of his passes, the soundness of his decisions, his mechanics, his poise under pressure.

Can you do that? Will you ever do that? Just once?

Are players robots? Are they all the same? That's what's implied when a coach is blamed for everything. That's an idea that's barely appropriate for electric football, never mind the NFL.

And as I've pointed out before, JP dinked and dunked as much as Trent.
You can't do that because if I do I'll have to do the same with Trent and it won't look good as well and unlike you guys it's neither the qb's fault when you have a crappy offensive playcaller.

Okay if JP dinked and dunked as much as Trent does that mean he's better because the completion percentage shows it?

I mean we already know JP is better with the dep ball, do you want to take away the short passing game away from Trent too?

I don't blame either qb's.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
:rofl: and you are?

Actually a student of the game knows that no one would've succeeded under the same circumstances.

DO you rhink Trent would've thrived here if he was the one we drafted when we drafted JP?

I know I spent a lot of time defending JP for the way he was mismanged by Mularkey.

That said, he was treated extremely well in '06. When '07 rolled around he was horrible in camp and pre-season and in the regular season.

I think Trent never would have been pulled in '05 but that question is BS.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Anyone who makes better passes and better decisions than JP would have done better than him under any circumstances.

YardRat
01-04-2008, 07:55 PM
If JP and his agent really wanted to be classy about the situation they would have handled it internally instead of mouthing off in the media.

Goodbye and good riddance.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM
If JP and his agent really wanted to be classy about the situation they would have handled it internally instead of mouthing off in the media.

Goodbye and good riddance.JP didn't say anything to the media. If thats uncalssy then we have one hell of an unclassy team starting with Lee , Whitner etc.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
You can't do that because if I do I'll have to do the same with Trent and it won't look good as well and unlike you guys it's neither the qb's fault when you have a crappy offensive playcaller.

Okay if JP dinked and dunked as much as Trent does that mean he's better because the completion percentage shows it?

I mean we already know JP is better with the dep ball, do you want to take away the short passing game away from Trent too?

Trent's play regressed near the end of the year. His rate of bad passes became worse, and after Peters went down he showed noticeably less composure.
It's the QB's fault for things the QB is responsible for. It's the coach's fault for things the coach is responsible for.

And a stronger arm doesn't mean better.

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Please, JP did those things too.He actually thit Evans more times in his rookie year.

I also know that Holcomb threw for 400 yards in a playoff game. Whats your point?

I'd like to see that consistently. BTW, that 70 yards bomb means nothing when he could hit his wrs in the short passing game in the last 3 games.

This is not a blast on Edwards., just that you guys are trying to make him look like a HOF qb. Look at his precentage, horrbile for a dink and dunk guy.
In two of his last three games he had some horrible weather conditions. Though let's go back to JP's "rookie" season which was actually his second season.

9 games 64.9 QB rating 113/228 49.6% 1340 yards 5.9 YPA 58 Long 8 TDs 8 INTs

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
In two of his last three games he had some horrible weather conditions. Though let's go back to JP's "rookie" season which was actually his second season.

Exactly, he spent a year on the bench before he started and his numbers weren't as good as Trents.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM

Nice, Did you take into account the Gandy , Bennie , Preston Villarial were protecting him?

Trent would've been dead

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Exactly, he spent a year on the bench before he started and his numbers weren't as good as Trents.
aanswer the same thing I asked Jokeman.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice, Did you take into account the Gandy , Bennie , Preston Villarial were protecting him?

Trent would've been dead

How well did he play with Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Butler, and Walker?

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
If you are going to make the comparison be fair. Use the same line up and against the same team.

See the jets game.

YardRat
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
"Sometimes you buy a house...Whoops."

Well sometimes you trade up to draft a loser with no brains. Whoops.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
How well did he play with Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Butler, and Walker?

THe first few games the OL was horrible. He played against the Jags and the pats. How did Trent do agains tthe worst D with the same OL.

elltrain22
01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I am very torn w/ this news for a couple of reasons. First off, Losman is a good dude, and means well, in so many ways. I believe, he is loyal, a hard worker, and would do whatever it took to be a good teammate & a good role model for kids. These are all admirable traids, but what I see performance wise I don't like. He has good games, yes sure, but it seems that 99.9% of his good games come versus lesser opponents. Not to say that Edwards has beaten anybody but he showed the ability to move the offense when JPL simply couldn't do it. Losman's flaws could concievably be ironed out in time & given the right offensive system. Personally, I would like to see the Bills hang on to him, b/c I am not ready to close the book on him yet. Who knows, w/ a new offensive cooridinator, possibly (hopefully probably) some much better options to throw the ball too, and a better offensive gameplan, JPL could finally start to hit his stride. Whatever happens though, I wish him well, and if he ever plays for another team, and comes to our house, I wouldn't boo him one bit!!!

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I am very torn w/ this news for a couple of reasons. First off, Losman is a good dude, and means well, in so many ways. I believe, he is loyal, a hard worker, and would do whatever it took to be a good teammate & a good role model for kids. These are all admirable traids, but what I see performance wise I don't like. He has good games, yes sure, but it seems that 99.9% of his good games come versus lesser opponents. Not to say that Edwards has beaten anybody but he showed the ability to move the offense when JPL simply couldn't do it. Losman's flaws could concievably be ironed out in time & given the right offensive system. Personally, I would like to see the Bills hang on to him, b/c I am not ready to close the book on him yet. Who knows, w/ a new offensive cooridinator, possibly (hopefully probably) some much better options to throw the ball too, and a better offensive gameplan, JPL could finally start to hit his stride. Whatever happens though, I wish him well, and if he ever plays for another team, and comes to our house, I wouldn't boo him one bit!!!
HIs teammates rallied behind him and blasted the OC. Marv defended JP. Nuff said.

YardRat
01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
If you are going to make the comparison be fair. Use the same line up and against the same team.

See the jets game.

See the Miami games. Or even New England.

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
aanswer the same thing I asked Jokeman.
True our O-line was worse then talent wise but what about the fact Edwards only had Lee Evans at WR where Losman had Evans and Eric Moulds.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
See the Miami games. Or even New England.
what about them ? When JP left the score was tied. He was in there for less than a qtr. Against the jets Trent was in there for 3 qtrs and JP scored 10 point in 1 qtr.

Against Miami the fins werent as injured as when Jp played them @ miami.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Or how about just watch the QB and evaluate what HE does, over the course of the season and his career, using informed observation.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
True our O-line was worse then talent wise but what about the fact Edwards only had Lee Evans at WR where Losman had Evans and Eric Moulds.

MOulds? Moulds threw him under the bus, did you forget that? Moulds gave up on the team.

FYI I was all for Holcomb then because I thought he gave us the best chance to win. I only went JP's way after he won the qb competition.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Or how about just watch the QB and evaluate what HE does, over the course of the season and his career, using informed observation.

I have and like I said, no way no how anyone could've ever succeeded under the circumstances. You'd be blasting Trent as well if we drafted him when we drafted JP.

To force the qb to stay in the pocket when he is mobile is stupid. JP can scramble . You design plays even if it's just for 4th down. Fairchild didn't have that in his playbook since he never had a mobile qb at Rams.

For crying out loud, Cuttler ran for 5 yards against us on 4th down in a designed play. Fairchild was too stupid.

We should've hired his college coach to be the OC instead of Fairchild.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2m1QaZ90EA

The Jokeman
01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
MOulds? Moulds threw him under the bus, did you forget that? Moulds gave up on the team.

FYI I was all for Holcomb then because I thought he gave us the best chance to win. I only went JP's way after he won the qb competition.
even so, you can't deny that Moulds had 816 yards receiving that year, Evans had 743.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Trent's play regressed near the end of the year. His rate of bad passes became worse, and after Peters went down he showed noticeably less composure.
It's the QB's fault for things the QB is responsible for. It's the coach's fault for things the coach is responsible for.

And a stronger arm doesn't mean better.

And the excuses come out. The double standards come out. If Trent regressed towards the end of the year , might as well bring back Flutie. His arms get tired too.

I never said stronger arm is always better.It helps . I guess having a weaker arm nad missing short passes is better? Not.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
even so, you can't deny that Moulds had 816 yards receiving that year, Evans had 743.
I don't care if Moulds had 816. Trent would've been dead with that OL. Moulds would've thrown him under the bus too.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Piss on him..

He had EVERY CHANCE IN THE WORLD to be the "franchise" QB here and his bonehead after bonehead decision and demeanor did him in.

See ya!!!

Piss on him. Lol!

Classy 'til the end, Pat.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Piss on him. Lol!

Classy 'til the end, Pat.

and Pat is back to his flipflopping ways. He said he was wrong about Losman and now he's back to hating. Pat was a huge Fairchild fan and now he hates him. Same old Moran.

HHURRICANE
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
To force the qb to stay in the pocket when he is mobile is stupid. JP can scramble . You design plays even if it's just for 4th down. Fairchild didn't have that in his playbook since he never had a mobile qb at Rams.

For crying out loud, Cuttler ran for 5 yards against us on 4th down in a designed play. Fairchild was too stupid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K2m1QaZ90EA

I do agree with you on this.

bbf23
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Good luck JP wherever you go.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Gotta run. Party time.

Just checkout what Marv has to say.

http://bufflobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id5781

If I were to read between the lines, JP was very unjustly criticized and paid for Fairchilds stupidity.

Scapegoat.

I may be wrong . We will find out when he plays for someother team who has a real OC. He could very well be another Rob Johnson, we'll see in time.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I'll say piss on Losman too.

He's without a doubt, one of the worst gameday QBs I've ever seen. And quite possibly the worst starting qb the Buffalo Bills have ever had. Although Bruce Mathison might have that title.

No matter what the line consists of if you have a QB who has NO pocket awareness, the line is gonna look like crap. Look at the sack ratios. JPs is the same this year when he played to last year. So, unless you want to make up some fallacy that the line at the beginning of this year was as good/bad as the line last year you're dead wrong. Edwards showed more poise and composure, period. The O-line will always look bad when they have no idea where the idiot playing QB is gonna go play after play. But JPs poor pocket awareness, correct that, NO pocket awareness never gets taken into account.

Hell, even Kelly Holcomb was sacked lress than JP was behind the same line. The comment of Peyton Manning not being able to succeed behind our O-lines is one of the single most uninformed football comments that I've ever read.

A good QB makes a subpar line look better, period. Terrible QBs make even great lines look completely inept. Our O-line was no worse than average at any point when JP was here, period. All one has to do is look around the league to be able to back that up.

Even Tim Couch as a rookie, put up better numbers than JP did in a single season, and Couch was behind what is arguably one of the worst o-line's i've ever seen. Couch and JP have one thing in common though...BUST.

JP's reasons for not succeeding were JP. It had nothing to do with the OC, the HC, the QB coach. Hell we had enough different ones while he was here and JP sucked under all of them. Mularkey resurrected Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox's careers briefly for christs sake. Sam Wyche was known as a good QB teacher. Bulger/Warner did well under Fairchild. Now all of a sudden these guys are ******s? Get real.

Good luck JP in your future endeavors. Enjoy bagging groceries, although I don't think you'd even succeed in that. Dropping and breaking eggs, putting bleach in with vegetables...ahh you get the idea.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I have and like I said, no way no how anyone could've ever succeeded under the circumstances. You'd be blasting Trent as well if we drafted him when we drafted JP.

Why? Tell me specifics. What about the QB's play is affected. Tell me how other "circumstances" affects how the ball is thrown, how well the QB makes decisions, how he handles different situations. QBs can't control circumstances, but they can control how they handle them. Only QBs control where a ball goes when it leaves their hand.
Don't just throw it out there; break it down and analyze it.

Can't have a QB who's only good in limited situations. JP's no Vick; he can't win with his legs alone. Sooner or later he's gotta throw, and that's where he's gotten in trouble.

Philagape
01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
I may be wrong .

:faint:

it took 25,000 posts to get to that.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Why? Tell me specifics. What about the QB's play is affected. Tell me how other "circumstances" affects how the ball is thrown, how well the QB makes decisions, how he handles different situations. QBs can't control circumstances, but they can control how they handle them. Only QBs control where a ball goes when it leaves their hand.
Don't just throw it out there; break it down and analyze it.

Can't have a QB who's only good in limited situations. JP's no Vick; he can't win with his legs alone. Sooner or later he's gotta throw, and that's where he's gotten in trouble.
you know I'd love to chat with you but I actually have a social life and the party is waiting. Never said he was Vick but he could've at least rushed like Brunell , Young or Flutie.

His teammates rallied behind him, Marv defended him. You believe what you want.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
:faint:

it took 25,000 posts to get to that.
you haven't been right about anything yet. :D

Mr. Pink
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
you know I'd love to chat with you but I actually have a social life and the party is waiting. Never said he was Vick but he could've at least rushed like Brunell , Young or Flutie.

When Losman is a third stringer, if he's lucky, next season...you can believe what you want too.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I'll say piss on Losman too.

No wonder why you're buddies with Moran. Birds of the same feather... :D.

BTw, we sahll see if Crennel agrees with you when you said Anderson is not the answer. Hope you don't flipflop like your buddy.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2008, 08:48 PM
No wonder why you're buddies with Moran. Birds of the same feather... :D.

BTw, we sahll see if Crennel agrees with you when you said Anderson is not the answer. Hope you don't flipflop like your buddy.

That decision is not up to Crennel. DA would be the answer, if he learns consistency. Although, I don't see how you can justify someone offering you at the minimum a first rounder for him and not trading him. Especially when you mortgaged the future to get Brady Quinn.

And my stance on Quinn has never waivered...I still dislike him. Personally and professionally. I still hold out the hope that I don't have to root for him, ever.

justasportsfan
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
When Losman is a third stringer, if he's lucky, next season...you can believe what you want too.

we'll see if you're as bad as your buddy Moarn in trying to make a Ms. Cleo impersonation. He actually makes Cleo look like Nostradamus.

TacklingDummy
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Good luck JP in your future endeavors. Enjoy bagging groceries, although I don't think you'd even succeed in that. Dropping and breaking eggs, putting bleach in with vegetables...ahh you get the idea.

He would fumble the eggs away after being bumped by the manager. Just like he fumbled after bumping a Ref.

TacklingDummy
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Go Justa, Go Justa

You are on a roll.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
He's without a doubt, one of the worst gameday QBs I've ever seen. And quite possibly the worst starting qb the Buffalo Bills have ever had. Although Bruce Mathison might have that title.

Mathison?
Dufek?
Ferragamo?
Totten?
Marangi?

Bling
01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Give Losman another chance. For the sake of opposing AFCE rival fans.

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Give Losman another chance. For the sake of opposing AFCE rival fans.

Should you really be dishing out starting QB smack talk?

What was JPs record as a starter against Miami? 3-1?

Mr. Pink
01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Mathison?
Dufek?
Ferragamo?
Totten?
Marangi?

Ferragamo was actually very good at one point in his career, we got him at the very end of his career...I have to disclude him, but the rest of the guys are on par with JP.

I've always thought til now that Mathison was the worst Bills starter...and maybe recent history has clouded my visions of him...but I think JP has surpassed him.

I don't think anyone had as much hype nor did we give up as much to get him, as Losman.

Hence my basis for worst Bills QB ever.

Bling
01-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Should you really be dishing out starting QB smack talk?

What was JPs record as a starter against Miami? 3-1?

It definitely takes loser to know a loser, and Losman is a loser. Keep him as long as you want.

Throne Logic
01-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Ferragamo was actually very good at one point in his career, we got him at the very end of his career...I have to disclude him, but the rest of the guys are on par with JP.

I've always thought til now that Mathison was the worst Bills starter...and maybe recent history has clouded my visions of him...but I think JP has surpassed him.

I don't think anyone had as much hype nor did we give up as much to get him, as Losman.

Hence my basis for worst Bills QB ever.

Don't forget Todd Collins. I know he's lighting it up in DC these days, but he was the first option when Kelly was forced into retirement.

Typ0
01-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Don't forget Todd Collins. I know he's lighting it up in DC these days, but he was the first option when Kelly was forced into retirement.

if only we would have waited we'd be a playoff team.

Mr. Miyagi
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I liked JP a lot. I think he deserves a shot with a clean slate somewhere else. Wherever he goes I hope he succeeds, unless it's in the AFC East.

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:00 PM
He's unhappy how he lost his job? What does he expect? He blew every chance he got. Bad coordinators aside, it was his job to lose and he lost it by making dumb mistakes. Good luck, jp.

TigerJ
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
This is not surprise to me. I hope the Bills trade him. He has acted with class. He's not going to get a shot with the Bills going forward, and he's not really an ideal backup for Trent Edwards. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo can get a third for him, but I'd trade him regardless.

Michael82
01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Now let's just hope and pray that Edwards can do better. Or we are screwed! :ill:

:pray:

djjimkelly
01-05-2008, 04:43 AM
god bless him i would have asked to be cut outright. this organization once again ran a 1st rounder out of town.

and anyone who thinks JP wasn't scapegoated check yourself. dick bought himself time move to rookie qb

media writes stuff like trent not given tools to succeed i wont bother finding article by sal mariona right now.

that also went for JP.

but if i was him id want out of this hack organization immediately.

as a fan of our team i can call it hack becuz it is what it is.

we go with 2nd rate everything i truly think we hit lightning in a bottle from 88-94.
and it wont ever happen again under current ownership.

anyway GL jp as i said many times before i knew JP was done here after the second benching its the worng move but it has been done,

SquishDaFish
01-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Great posting Djj :clap:

Crisis
01-05-2008, 05:40 AM
good riddance

you blow

gtfo buffalo

thanks for wasting multiple high draft picks and years on you to develop.

you can take your dickriding fans with you too.

Novacane
01-05-2008, 07:55 AM
At least he's not going all TO on us and making a media frenzy out of it.

Well I wish him luck and hope he goes to a team that could use him.

Thanks for the memories JP.

What memories???? I'll remember him the same way I remember Ferragamo, Mattheson, Dufek, Collins, RJ, ...........

Romes
01-05-2008, 08:08 AM
good. now lets hope we can get something in return for him.

shelby
01-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Three words: Billy Joe Hobert.
:ill:

Good luck to you JP!

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:18 AM

I don't recall Brunell, Young, or Flutie bouncing balls to wide open receivers. Some teammates rallied behind Rob Johnson too.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Good luck JP.

I hope prospective traders watch that Bengals game a LOT.

Novacane
01-05-2008, 08:24 AM
god bless him i would have asked to be cut outright. this organization once again ran a 1st rounder out of town.

Tell me...what other first rounders have they "run" out of town that went on to prove the Bills wrong for getting rid of them???????????

Gunzlingr
01-05-2008, 08:27 AM
who wouldn't want to be traded.

Philagape
01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Tell me...what other first rounders have they "run" out of town that went on to prove the Bills wrong for getting rid of them???????????

Yeah we really screwed Erik Flowers and Mike Williams. Raw deal!

Philagape
01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Good luck JP.

I hope prospective traders watch that Bengals game a LOT.

And nothing else! :pray:

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 09:13 AM
And nothing else! :pray:

There was that one Houston game, but they would have to look past that TD he threw to the other team.

Philagape
01-05-2008, 09:14 AM
So our trading prospects depend on other teams looking at one or two games a year. :ill:

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 09:18 AM
So our trading prospects depend on other teams looking at one or two games a year. :ill:

:ill:

Maybe the Bills could put a montage together of all his good plays and deep balls to Evans. Chris Berman could narrate the fastest two minutes on it.

shelby
01-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Someone will pick up JP, but i don't think we're going to get a lot in return.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Someone will pick up JP, but i don't think we're going to get a lot in return.

I'm thinking a fourth.

djjimkelly
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM

im sure u wouldnt take winfield or clements back right.

but yes they both suck if i remember correctly we used to be a TOP 5 defense with the 2 of them as a tandem.

but yes we dont run 1st rounders out of town.

i could list moulds here too he was run out of town(however he did get a 2nd contract)

we also ran willis out of town. i love lynch dont get me wrong but im sure our first rounder this year could have been spent on something different is we didnt trade mcgahee.

but nope we dont run 1st rounders out of town

not at all

but hey we resign almost every 2nd rounder we take and none of them make an impact except schobel way to go bills

djjimkelly
01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking a fourth.

i think we gonna be pleasantly surprised and net a high 3rd late 2nd.

trapezeus
01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
SLIGHTLY??? Is 10% "slightly"?

he's a rookie and played in two games that were in the absolute worst conditions. JP can't throw a screen pass in september, what is that strong arm going to do for us in a blizzard or monsoon?

Additionally, what annoys me about the agent's comments are 1. is JP so mentally fragile that he needs to be coddled and told he's the number one day in and day out? just win games and people will come around and 2. his agent is lowering his trade value.

Granted JP and agent just want to get somewhere else in a hurry, but by speaking publically, they give the team a worse chance to get a good pick for him. If other teams know he's interested in leaving, then they offer lower hoping the bills don't bite and then either release him or have him stay and be a holdout.

if he kept his mouth shut, a deal could be done quicker.

And lastly, other QB's in free agency who are potentially proven and smarter than JP are Pennington, kitna, and mcnabb. getting higher than 5 for JP is going to be difficult.

Novacane
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
im sure u wouldnt take winfield or clements back right.

but yes they both suck if i remember correctly we used to be a TOP 5 defense with the 2 of them as a tandem.

but yes we dont run 1st rounders out of town.

i could list moulds here too he was run out of town(however he did get a 2nd contract)

we also ran willis out of town. i love lynch dont get me wrong but im sure our first rounder this year could have been spent on something different is we didnt trade mcgahee.

but nope we dont run 1st rounders out of town

not at all

but hey we resign almost every 2nd rounder we take and none of them make an impact except schobel way to go bills

There is a huge differance between trading a QB who has accomplished NOTHING here and deciding not to resign players that have been successul so they can command huge contracts as FA. That is hardly running them out of town. Just another lame attempt to defend your boy who you were supposedly long over :rolleyes:

Novacane
01-05-2008, 02:28 PM

I think NFL GMs would laugh thier ass off if they read this post

justasportsfan
01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
he's a rookie and played in two games that were in the absolute worst conditions. JP can't throw a screen pass in september, what is that strong arm going to do for us in a blizzard or monsoon?

the weather excuse. :snicker:

screen pass or not JP had better completion perentage. It's a fact.

Typ0
01-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Additionally, what annoys me about the agent's comments are 1. is JP so mentally fragile that he needs to be coddled and told he's the number one day in and day out? just win games and people will come around and 2. his agent is lowering his trade value.

Granted JP and agent just want to get somewhere else in a hurry, but by speaking publically, they give the team a worse chance to get a good pick for him. If other teams know he's interested in leaving, then they offer lower hoping the bills don't bite and then either release him or have him stay and be a holdout.

if he kept his mouth shut, a deal could be done quicker.

And lastly, other QB's in free agency who are potentially proven and smarter than JP are Pennington, kitna, and mcnabb. getting higher than 5 for JP is going to be difficult.

McNabb is not on the market he's going to be in Philly next year. Pennington is a good backup but a team looking for a starter is looking at JP, Kitna or draft picks.

trapezeus
01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
the weather excuse. :snicker:

screen pass or not JP had better completion perentage. It's a fact.

it's a fact that JP threw more garbage time passes to up his completion rating as well.

trent isn't the greatest QB ever, but he's certainly played better than jp did in his rookie year.

yes, weather is a viable excuse for a rookie. you guys simply don't get it. trent actually reads the defense and can make all the passes. "he can't make the long ones", he has, he will, and JP's long passes this year were aided by some amazing catches.

trapezeus
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
McNabb is not on the market he's going to be in Philly next year. Pennington is a good backup but a team looking for a starter is looking at JP, Kitna or draft picks.

true about pennington, but as a 4 year players, i feel most ggm's are going to look at the draft as opposed to picking up someone else's trash. there is very little on JP that show's he'll be a success at this level. Coaches with safe jobs aren't going to bother and Coaches who are on the fence, can't take the risk. might as well bring in a rookie who gets the rookie pass and fail or succeed with someone you believe in entirely.

colin
01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
buffalo isn't gonna miss jp at all, but i'm still hoping we can get a decent pick (3rd or so) for him.

justasportsfan
01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
it's a fact that JP threw more garbage time passes to up his completion rating as well.

trent isn't the greatest QB ever, but he's certainly played better than jp did in his rookie year.

yes, weather is a viable excuse for a rookie. you guys simply don't get it. trent actually reads the defense and can make all the passes. "he can't make the long ones", he has, he will, and JP's long passes this year were aided by some amazing catches.

Show me the facts that JP threw more garbage time passes.

Trent played better because he had a better OL. HOw did Trent do trying to run a Martz system? He couldn't. Had to resort to dinks and dunks.

I never said Trent can't make long passes. He's not half as good as JP.

JP didn't have problems throwing against the wind in December. Until Trent proves he can, it remains a FACT that HE can't. I won't say that he can't improve on it, but right now he downright sucks in the cold. Just calling a spade a spade.

Trent has to prove that he can do what JP did in 06. Until then he's nothing but potential. He can read defenses. Van Pelt and Holcomb did that very well too. I can only hope Trent can produce more than both did. Right now he hasn't done it but he has the POTENTIAL. Nothing more than POTENTIAL. Same thing with JP, POTENTIAL but at least a proven arm.

Reading defenses is one thing, producing with that strength is another thing. See AVP and Holcomb

Bling
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM

:rofl:

The guys is a high 5th at best. Everyone saw how dumb Miami was for trading a 2nd for Feeley, how dumb we were for trading a 2nd for Culpepper and how dumb we were for trading a 4th for Green. There is no reason to ever trade draft picks for a retread QB when there are plenty in FA every year.

Bling
01-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Face it: Nobody wanted him, and asking to be traded gives away all his value. Teams aren't going to trade much for someone that can't wait to leave knowing that makes them cheap.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I think he's worth a second because the market for QBs is so weak!!!

Mr. Pink
01-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I think he's worth a second because the market for QBs is so weak!!!

I like the sarcasm!

X-Era
01-05-2008, 06:01 PM
off AP wire ....

Losman prefers to be traded, rather than return for 1 more year
By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Bills quarterback J.P Losman wants out of Buffalo, unhappy with how he lost his starting job to rookie Trent Edwards this past season.
Losman's agent, Gary Wichard, told The Associated Press on Friday that his client would prefer to be traded, but added Losman would play out the final year of his contract if necessary. Wichard said he has not yet spoken to the Bills because the team is seeking a new general manager after Marv Levy stepped down earlier this week.
Whether the Bills choose to keep Losman, Wichard said he didn't see any chance of Losman remaining with the team after next season.
"That ship has sailed, my friend," Wichard said. "Hopefully, they do something this year. And if not, we'll just walk away after next year."
Wichard said he spoke out now because he knew how unhappy his client is. He said he and Losman didn't want to air their views during the season so not to cause a distraction to the team.

Why does this make me picture a door knob slamming into an a-hole

Bling
01-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I like the sarcasm!

Phew. I didn't want to argue with HH, because he's very smart, but that's a moronic statement. I think he's being sarcastic too.

Ickybaluky
01-05-2008, 07:54 PM
I love when mediocre players demand to be traded. Losman has an over-inflated opinion of his abilities. He is all upset because they wanted him to compete for a job, thinking it was his job.

Someday reality is going to slap J.P. in the face and he is going to realize he is going to have to earn a role in the NFL. It isn't going to be handed to him.

djjimkelly
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I think NFL GMs would laugh thier ass off if they read this post

ill bet it will be at least a 3rd