X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

But oh no, Wilfork isn't dirty...

Wilfork fined $15,000 for finger-poking...

"'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: But oh no, Wilfork isn't dirty...

What a douche...
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

The turd should have been suspended.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Isnt this like the 3rd time hes been fined this year.

There was that one, losman, and another time I thought.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
          Isnt this like the 3rd time hes been fined this year.

There was that one, losman, and another time I thought.
          It's pretty clear cut that this guy is a dirty player. Anybody who believes differently is clearly not thinking straight.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

wilfork fined: bills related

Wilfork was fined $15k for the eye jab after the play, however was fined $12.5k for hitting a QB and going after the knee. unbelievable. Way to protect the QB's, NFL.

it's his third fine this season. he better get suspended if another incident occurs this season.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Re: wilfork fined: bills related

I seriously hate this guy. He is near the top of my list. Scum of the NFL.

Anyone else notice that when nominating the scum of the NFL the list includes a dozen patriots and no one else?

I honestly believe he ruined the Bills season, and set them back two years of development with one single cheap shot.

I was 98% sure he did it on purpose, but after that, I'm 100% sure.

I think he should get what ever suspension Haynesworth got for stomping on a dude.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

He didn't actually do any damage to the player but its all about his intent. So that is why he only got a fine. I agree if he had actually poked Jacobs in the eye that he should have been suspended.
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  He didn't actually do any damage to the player but its all about his intent. So that is why he only got a fine. I agree if he had actually poked Jacobs in the eye that he should have been suspended.
                  Intent with action is all it takes in my book. Just because his intended action wasn't completed means nothing to me.

How bout if I am robbing a house, and the owner comes home. I drop the stuff and run. Am I guilty?

I think the only argument he his in his favor is he can say he intended to taunt, not poke. But, he lost all rights to that excuse after using it on the JP injury.

Throw him in jail.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

You people are silly. Wilfork didn't try to poke him in the eye, he was putting his finger in his face when they were trash talking.

I guess you didn't see him and Jacobs embrace each other and make up after the game, when Jacobs congratulated him.

There aren't may dirty players in the NFL. They are co-workers, a professional brotherhood. The game is heated and emotional, but after it is over they go out to dinner together.

This isn't professional wrestling. There is no need to create drama.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                      Intent with action is all it takes in my book. Just because his intended action wasn't completed means nothing to me.

How bout if I am robbing a house, and the owner comes home. I drop the stuff and run. Am I guilty?

I think the only argument he his in his favor is he can say he intended to taunt, not poke. But, he lost all rights to that excuse after using it on the JP injury.

Throw him in jail.
                      Yes you would be guilty and so is he. But would you get prosecuted for theft? No, because you didn't steal. You would get charged with a break in. With Wilfork he didn't actually poke him in the eye why should he be suspended as if he did? The fine is the right call IMO.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                        You people are silly. Wilfork didn't try to poke him in the eye, he was putting his finger in his face when they were trash talking.
                        Why would he "put his finger in his face" if there was no intent to poke him? Gimme break...
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Yes you would be guilty and so is he. But would you get prosecuted for theft? No, because you didn't steal. You would get charged with a break in. With Wilfork he didn't actually poke him in the eye why should he be suspended as if he did? The fine is the right call IMO.
                          No, you would be charged with burglary.

Breaking and entering with the intent to commit a crime is burglary. You don't even have to commit one.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Why would he "put his finger in his face" if there was no intent to poke him? Gimme break...
                            He was talking smack. If he wanted to poke him in the eye he could have.

I find it funny you people are all upset about it, but Jacobs himself didn't think it a big deal. He hugged the guy after the game, for crying out loud.

What a bunch of drama queens.

Comment

• hydro
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                              He was talking smack. If he wanted to poke him in the eye he could have.

I find it funny you people are all upset about it, but Jacobs himself didn't think it a big deal. He hugged the guy after the game, for crying out loud.

What a bunch of drama queens.
                              Yeah when tempers settled down. Im sure he wasn't too happy right after it happened.
                              BERNIAC!

Comment

Working...
                              X