Official Bills v. Oilers Gameday thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Official Bills v. Oilers Gameday thread

HAHAHA :)

Fun to have a gameday thread on a team that inspires!

Go Bills! 2nd half comeback on NFL network
    Its the second half and the bill have just started the comeback!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    • Feb 2005

Re: Official Bills v. Oilers Gameday thread

SCORE!
    now 35-10!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

I can't believe it took them this long to start playing...what the hell is wrong with them!?!?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        • Feb 2005

Yeah, I was ready to turn the tv off at the half. Oilers are just punking our D.

Maybe beebe will catch a bomb or someting crazy like an onside kick next.. what do you think?

I'm guessing onside kick

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

The funny part is...this might be some Bills fans first time watching the game in it's entirety!

Comment

• Throne Logic
            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
            • Aug 2002

I watch it every year on video tape. Well I did up until this year when my VCR finally bit it. Can't really justify buying a new one just for the game tape. Besides, the NFL is now selling unedited original broadcasts of classic games. You have to figure this is going to be on the list.

And yes, I can produce my ticket stubs. And no, I did not leave at half time.
            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              • Feb 2005

onside kick! can you believe it!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                Yeah, I was ready to turn the tv off at the half. Oilers are just punking our D.

Maybe beebe will catch a bomb or someting crazy like an onside kick next.. what do you think?

I'm guessing onside kick
                Dude, your nuts...that **** never happens for the Bills.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                  I watch it every year on video tape. Well I did up until this year when my VCR finally bit it. Can't really justify buying a new one just for the game tape. Besides, the NFL is now selling unedited original broadcasts of classic games. You have to figure this is going to be on the list.

And yes, I can produce my ticket stubs. And no, I did not leave at half time.
                  Isn't hard to think back to what we once had as Bills fans and now we are stuck in mediocrity with no end in sight. Ughhh....

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    • Feb 2005

carwell gardner is a freaking moose

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      • Feb 2005

beebe all alone! Score.... he was inbounds all the way too!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        • Feb 2005

its FANdamonium!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

After this game Marv better get canned and I never want to see Reich in a Bills jersey instead.

A little girl is better than that POS!
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            Isn't hard to think back to what we once had as Bills fans and now we are stuck in mediocrity with no end in sight. Ughhh....
                            What I find truly shocking is that it has been 15 years since that game. And really, it's been nearly 15 years since Buffalo was doing anything notable in the NFL. Aside from a blip in 1999 in that Miracle Debacle thing, we've really just been an "also ran . . ."

As far as the "no end in sight part", well, you might be right. A couple years ago, as we entered into that offseason when TD was fired, I posted a very desperate thought. Basically, I stated that I felt I had nothing to look forward going into the following season. I don't feel that same feeling today.

I think that Marv did what he needed to do. Basically, that pretty much means he instilled the Marv attitude into the guts of the orginization. We may be lacking talent in some areas, but this team is respectable. We are not fielding jackass thugs. These guys play hard, even in times of unbelievably difficult odds. It's not always necessarily good enough to win, but the effort is there and the attitude has been generally positive. That was Marv's job. Make the Bills a team that fans can be proud of, even if they still suck. I am proud of this team. They finished 7-9 in a season that the probably should have been neck and neck with Miami for worst ever.

I think that this team is better just from the standpoint that our depth is now tremendously well seasoned. Our young backups now will have a good number of starts under their belt. I feel pretty good about Wilson backing up the safety spot. Heck, I feel pretty good about him starting next year. JD as our primary backup linebacker. Leonard will also be a good backup. Look at Freddie Jackson. He's going to be getting some significant carries next season. This year was very productive in regards to the benefits it will bring to future seasons. Think of what this team will look like next year depth wise when Poz and Simpson are back.

I also take a look at the huge number of draft picks this year. If they're right on only a quarter of those picks, we'll have a number of good fresh backups and maybe a starter or two.

Perhaps we'll reach out into FA, too. We are under budget quite a bit, even with Cap to Cash.

Short story long . . . Yes, I dream of days long gone in Buffalo. But I do believe we are closer to jumping back up to the top than a lot of folks around here.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                              beebe all alone! Score.... he was inbounds all the way too!
                              We did get away with a couple things in the second half. But there is now question that the Gilbride directed offense laid one of the biggest eggs in sports history.

Man was I pissed when Buffalo hired him. And equally as happy when he was gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X