PDA

View Full Version : Official Bills v. Oilers Gameday thread

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
HAHAHA :)

Fun to have a gameday thread on a team that inspires!

Go Bills! 2nd half comeback on NFL network
Its the second half and the bill have just started the comeback!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
SCORE!
now 35-10!

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I can't believe it took them this long to start playing...what the hell is wrong with them!?!?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I was ready to turn the tv off at the half. Oilers are just punking our D.

Maybe beebe will catch a bomb or someting crazy like an onside kick next.. what do you think?

I'm guessing onside kick

Mr. Pink
01-04-2008, 10:03 PM
The funny part is...this might be some Bills fans first time watching the game in it's entirety!

Throne Logic
01-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I watch it every year on video tape. Well I did up until this year when my VCR finally bit it. Can't really justify buying a new one just for the game tape. Besides, the NFL is now selling unedited original broadcasts of classic games. You have to figure this is going to be on the list.

And yes, I can produce my ticket stubs. And no, I did not leave at half time.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 10:04 PM
onside kick! can you believe it!

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I was ready to turn the tv off at the half. Oilers are just punking our D.

Maybe beebe will catch a bomb or someting crazy like an onside kick next.. what do you think?

I'm guessing onside kick

Dude, your nuts...that **** never happens for the Bills.

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I watch it every year on video tape. Well I did up until this year when my VCR finally bit it. Can't really justify buying a new one just for the game tape. Besides, the NFL is now selling unedited original broadcasts of classic games. You have to figure this is going to be on the list.

Isn't hard to think back to what we once had as Bills fans and now we are stuck in mediocrity with no end in sight. Ughhh....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
carwell gardner is a freaking moose

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 10:08 PM
beebe all alone! Score.... he was inbounds all the way too!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2008, 10:09 PM
its FANdamonium!

Dr. Lecter
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
After this game Marv better get canned and I never want to see Reich in a Bills jersey instead.

A little girl is better than that POS!

Throne Logic
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Isn't hard to think back to what we once had as Bills fans and now we are stuck in mediocrity with no end in sight. Ughhh....

What I find truly shocking is that it has been 15 years since that game. And really, it's been nearly 15 years since Buffalo was doing anything notable in the NFL. Aside from a blip in 1999 in that Miracle Debacle thing, we've really just been an "also ran . . ."

As far as the "no end in sight part", well, you might be right. A couple years ago, as we entered into that offseason when TD was fired, I posted a very desperate thought. Basically, I stated that I felt I had nothing to look forward going into the following season. I don't feel that same feeling today.

I think that Marv did what he needed to do. Basically, that pretty much means he instilled the Marv attitude into the guts of the orginization. We may be lacking talent in some areas, but this team is respectable. We are not fielding jackass thugs. These guys play hard, even in times of unbelievably difficult odds. It's not always necessarily good enough to win, but the effort is there and the attitude has been generally positive. That was Marv's job. Make the Bills a team that fans can be proud of, even if they still suck. I am proud of this team. They finished 7-9 in a season that the probably should have been neck and neck with Miami for worst ever.

I think that this team is better just from the standpoint that our depth is now tremendously well seasoned. Our young backups now will have a good number of starts under their belt. I feel pretty good about Wilson backing up the safety spot. Heck, I feel pretty good about him starting next year. JD as our primary backup linebacker. Leonard will also be a good backup. Look at Freddie Jackson. He's going to be getting some significant carries next season. This year was very productive in regards to the benefits it will bring to future seasons. Think of what this team will look like next year depth wise when Poz and Simpson are back.

I also take a look at the huge number of draft picks this year. If they're right on only a quarter of those picks, we'll have a number of good fresh backups and maybe a starter or two.

Perhaps we'll reach out into FA, too. We are under budget quite a bit, even with Cap to Cash.

Short story long . . . Yes, I dream of days long gone in Buffalo. But I do believe we are closer to jumping back up to the top than a lot of folks around here.

Throne Logic
01-04-2008, 10:23 PM
beebe all alone! Score.... he was inbounds all the way too!

We did get away with a couple things in the second half. But there is now question that the Gilbride directed offense laid one of the biggest eggs in sports history.

Man was I pissed when Buffalo hired him. And equally as happy when he was gone.

Bmax
01-04-2008, 10:26 PM
AH YES WHEN WE HAD GREAT PLAYERS....

BMAX

BidsJr
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Ya know..... Our players today seem to like each other as those guys did.

Marv is a truly great leader.

bbf23
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
What I would give to have a game like this ( especially against the patriots ) again

bbf23
01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
me and my fantasys

Kerr
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Nate Odomes was the man. He was short, but strong with good recovery speed.

realdealryan
01-05-2008, 07:16 AM

$19.99 on NFLSHOP.com

Also-

I was watching this last night and comparing to our "squad".

1. Isn't it amazing how open Beebe, Reed, and Lofton got on their pro-bowl-laden defense? Reich could put it on their curl, post, and deep routes and they would have a few steps on the defenders almost every time in the 3rd quarter. Underneath or over the top; didn't matter.

2. Their front 7 was as amazing as I remember. Houston was concentrating on doubling Bruce Smith, so to get some extra pass rush they were bringing linebackers from alternating sides. And then if you tried to get up the middle, Hansen was a DE that could blow up the middle of the line. Maybe we don't have the right linebacking personnel to go Schobel-McCargo-Kelsay up front in a 3-4, but it looked good.

3. Their secondary was vulnerable. I liked these guys, but I would only take Henry Jones and put him at FS on our team. I'll take Whitner over Kelso, McGee over Odomes, and Greer over Jackson?. All 6 are small - the new guys are faster.

4. I miss when we were good.

Cntrygal
01-05-2008, 05:12 PM
You guys would have made this a more convincing game thread..... if you had acted like you were ready to jump off of a roof top at the start of the 3rd , and then been convinced all the way thru that there was NO way the Bills would pull out a win.

:biggrin:

:gobills:

yordad
01-05-2008, 05:30 PM
The funny part is...this might be some Bills fans first time watching the game in it's entirety!It wasn't televised were I lived at the time. I had to go to a golf course that had a satillite. My family and I left right after halftime after the int. We went out to dinner, the entire time talking about next year. I got home, turned on the TV, and just as the news was cutting to commercial I hear, "And more on the Bills surprising comeback after this." I was completely shocked. That was a long commercial break.

I haven't seen the entire game before. My wife recently bought if for me for Christmas on DVD. So, I will see it soon enough.