PDA

View Full Version : Who is surprised at Losman's stating "he's outta here?"

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Just curious. He's stated that that ship has sailed and indicated that the chances are zero/zip/zilch/nada for remaining in Buffalo after next season.

He's clearly not the first player to express such sentiments, and when they do it's usually pretty insistent.

Just another sign of poor health for this sorry franchise!

LtFinFan66
01-05-2008, 07:37 AM
I am not surprised but I just want to vote no without the attached comments

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 07:39 AM

Well, the options include that. You must merely guess whether he's the only one that will express this or not.

This isn't going on file with the IRS or FBI or anything.

;)

LtFinFan66
01-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Ok, well if JP says that I would not be surprised to see Evans say that unless his tune has changed

shelby
01-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Evans has already publicly stated that he wants a long term deal with Buffalo.
As long as he gets paid, he'll stay.
i am not surprised that JP wants out....however, it's because he was benched in favor of a rookie QB, due to his poor performance this season. He doesn't want to be Edwards' backup. It's pretty cut and dried.
i don't see how this is a reflection of the Buffalo Bills organization, but i guess you can spin it like that if you choose.

LtFinFan66
01-05-2008, 07:48 AM
He stated that before JP said he wanted out though right??

shelby
01-05-2008, 07:52 AM
He said it on Monday 12/31:
Evans Interested in Long Term Deal (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5779)

Captain gameboy
01-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Why do his feelings relate to the health of the organization?

JP's got one thing to sell and it is evident that the product is not wanted here.

If someone comes to your house and tries to sell you siding, does your rejecting it mean that your situation is unhealthy?

Night Train
01-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Your attached comments couldn't be more agenda driven. LOL.

mybills
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Every team needs at least two quarterbacks who have extensive game experience; if Edwards gets hurt, what will the Bills do? Exactly!
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/story/2008/1/5/8310/26913

shelby
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
If Edwards gets hurt, it's Hamdan ball, baby!
:jig:

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Every team needs at least two quarterbacks who have extensive game experience; if Edwards gets hurt, what will the Bills do? Exactly!
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/story/2008/1/5/8310/26913

Yep, I'm sure the Bills wouldn't try to find a QB with experience to back up Edwards if they get rid of Losman.

Is Shane Matthews still available?

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
I just hope we can get something decent for Losman.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Ok, well if JP says that I would not be surprised to see Evans say that unless his tune has changed

I'm wondering about that too.

Although I must say, I was disappointed to hear that Evans wanted to stick around.

... Hear me out before you start insinuating all kinds of things.

We need players that want to win and excel. Well Evans did neither this year and his stating that he wanted a L/T contract to me made me question how much he actually cared about winning and getting back to the form that made me think he had far greater potential last season vice simply getting a haul in terms of a contract.

Not that it really matters until Wilson sells the team, but hey, we can at least play "pretend" just like Wilson does. ;)

mybills
01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
We probably can't, that's why I want him to stay, plus we have more areas to be concerned with than that.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM
He stated that before JP said he wanted out though right??

That would be a yes as 12/31 predates 1/3 or 1/4.

mybills
01-05-2008, 08:30 AM
If Edwards gets hurt, it's Hamdan ball, baby!
:jig:
Does he have extensive game experience? I'm asking cuz I don't know.

shelby
01-05-2008, 08:31 AM
NFL Europe.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Your attached comments couldn't be more agenda driven. LOL.

Yeah, those two yes comments and the one "no" comment really have "agendas" attached to them.

Talk about "agendas!"

venis2k1
01-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Hamdan was a camp cut by the Dolphins...how good can he be?

Novacane
01-05-2008, 08:38 AM

ditto.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:42 AM

This is where the Bills at least partially make their own mess.

It would have been one thing if Edwards had come in and played the lights out. Look at Quinn, he has no negative stigma attached to him.

But when a QB gets replaced by one that played no better than Ryan Leaf in his inaugural season and the team "sticks by him," it inherently devalues the player whom he replaced.

Think about it.

Ergo, teams know that he's not esteemed very highly here. Now they know that he's gonna be a problem of sorts next year.

Who do you think is in the driver's seat here in any negotiation. Once again, marvelous work, by the Bills and their FO, ... hell, and even coaching staff.

And we wonder why the team sucks. Now also, we're stuck w/ Edwards next year and frankly, I'll say it now, he's a bust through and through. I see nothing that indicates that he's even going to be average. Picking out a thing or two (gets rid of the ball quick, etc.) simply isn't enough to make a good QB in the NFL. Good QBs need a range/depth/wealth of skills, and as of now, Edwards is extremely limited.

Why Evans would want to stick around if he has aspirations of becoming a top WR is beyond me b/c it ain't happening here before he exits his prime.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm wondering about that too.

Although I must say, I was disappointed to hear that Evans wanted to stick around.

... Hear me out before you start insinuating all kinds of things.

We need players that want to win and excel. Well Evans did neither this year and his stating that he wanted a L/T contract to me made me question how much he actually cared about winning and getting back to the form that made me think he had far greater potential last season vice simply getting a haul in terms of a contract.

Not that it really matters until Wilson sells the team, but hey, we can at least play "pretend" just like Wilson does. ;)

Because the guy wants a big contract and wants it longterm you are questioning his will to win? You would rather he ask to be traded to a winner to show his commitment to winning? WTF kind of fan are you?

Novacane
01-05-2008, 08:43 AM
He wants out because he knows he's not going to be given a chance to start here so no I am not suprised.

Michael82
01-05-2008, 08:46 AM
With the way JP Losman has been treated here all his career and how many times he has been screwed over, I don't blame him one bit. I'd want out too. If anything, i'm surprised he waited this long. Many others would have demanded a trade in the middle of the season.

mybills
01-05-2008, 08:47 AM
He wants out because he knows he's not going to be given a chance to start here so no I am not suprised.
That's what I got out of it, too.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Because the guy wants a big contract and wants it longterm you are questioning his will to win? You would rather he ask to be traded to a winner to show his commitment to winning? WTF kind of fan are you?

Once again, reading comprehension becomes a terminal issue.

I question his willingness to stay in Buffalo in spite of his not performing to levels that, at least what I would hope, he knows he is fully capable of eclipsing in spades with A, decent coaching, B, a decent QB, C, a team that has at least something to prove that it's moving forward.

As of now, none of that exists! None of it!

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:51 AM

It would have been one thing if Edwards had come in and played the lights out. Look at Quinn, he has no negative stigma attached to him.

But when a QB gets replaced by one that played no better than Ryan Leaf in his inaugural season and the team "sticks by him," it inherently devalues the player whom he replaced.

Think about it.

Ergo, teams know that he's not esteemed very highly here. Now they know that he's gonna be a problem of sorts next year.

Who do you think is in the driver's seat here in any negotiation. Once again, marvelous work, by the Bills and their FO, ... hell, and even coaching staff.

And we wonder why the team sucks. Now also, we're stuck w/ Edwards next year and frankly, I'll say it now, he's a bust through and through. I see nothing that indicates that he's even going to be average. Picking out a thing or two (gets rid of the ball quick, etc.) simply isn't enough to make a good QB in the NFL. Good QBs need a range/depth/wealth of skills, and as of now, Edwards is extremely limited.

Why Evans would want to stick around if he has aspirations of becoming a top WR is beyond me b/c it ain't happening here before he exits his prime.

With injuries the Bills had no choice but to start Edwards. When the team started winning with him despite the fact that Edwards wasn't playing "lights out", the coaches decided to keep him playing to see if the team would keep winning. When Edwards then got hurt, it gave them another out to let JP win the job back, which he seemed to do for a short period of time. Then the old inconsistant, bounce passing, lock onto a target, indecisive JP came back and the coaches decided to look to the future and see what the rookie could do.

JP might not have a great trade value, not because of how the coaches decided to use him or because of the OC's playcalling but because JP just hasn't shown that he can be a consistantly good QB. The only chance for the Bills to get a good pick is for some teams (plural) to think that they can use his skills, or think they can't make him a good QB. There are always some people who think they can change the world. Or at least a football team.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:52 AM
That's what I got out of it, too.

Why would he get a chance to start. Levy/Jauron, the ILDD, have "their guy."

Again, precisely why I am disappointed in Evans' disposition here. He's done horribly under Edwards and exceedingly better under Losman.

Losman has outperformed Edwards too and that's a fact.

Novacane
01-05-2008, 08:53 AM
With the way JP Losman has been treated here all his career and how many times he has been screwed over, I don't blame him one bit. I'd want out too. If anything, i'm surprised he waited this long. Many others would have demanded a trade in the middle of the season.

He was not treated as bad as you make it out here. Yes, he was screwed over by Mularkey. He never should have been pulled for Holcomb. You can make the arguement he should have been given the starters job back this year after he got hurt but it would not have made much of a differance IMO. He definately deserved to be benched after the Jags game. Bottom line.............he should have played better.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Yep, he was real screwed over. GIVEN the job in only his second season. Always blaming the offensive line or his receivers on his inept play. The Bills should be ashamed of themselves of such shabby treatment.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Once again, reading comprehension becomes a terminal issue.

I question his willingness to stay in Buffalo in spite of his not performing to levels that, at least what I would hope, he knows he is fully capable of eclipsing in spades with A, decent coaching, B, a decent QB, C, a team that has at least something to prove that it's moving forward.

As of now, none of that exists! None of it!

What is wrong with my reading comprehension? You wonder why he wants to stay because YOU think this team has no decent coaching, or decent QB, or is moving forward. Maybe he has something to prove because part of the reason he had a bad season this year is because he played poorly at times. Maybe he actually sees progress. And in his radio show Thursday, he said he likes and supports Jauron and if asked by the new GM how he felt about him, he said he would stand behind Jauron because he felt he has done a good job.

Again, what kind of fan wants their star players to want to leave their team?

mybills
01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Why would he get a chance to start. Levy/Jauron, the ILDD, have "their guy."

Again, precisely why I am disappointed in Evans' disposition here. He's done horribly under Edwards and exceedingly better under Losman.

Losman has outperformed Edwards too and that's a fact.
We have always had similar views on QB's, but I'm willing to give Trent more time. He's only played in a hand full of games, and he was part of that musical QB as much as JP was. I never believed his wrist was injured, either. I think that was all coach jargon.

John Doe
01-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I did not answer the poll because of the subjective comments associated with the choices.

J.P. is the last of the malcontents, so it is best that he leave. Evans had to know that J.P. was as good as gone before he made his supportive statements about Jauron and wanting to extend his contract.

I believe Evans wants to stay because he sees the potential for the team - they were competitive despite devastating injuries and they have a core of young high character guys that will improve.

After the Jacksonville game, he saw that J.P. was effectively (although not statistically) worse than a rookie. The team has a good pass protecting line in place, and now that Edwards is the man the passing game stands to improve.

How anyone could be disappointed in Evans wanting to stay is beyond me - it's "through the looking glass" kind of thinking - pure jabberwocky.

And, as far as depth is concerned, I am not so sure that Hamden would be all that much worse than J.P. as a back-up.

venis2k1
01-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Now who will plant all of Buffalos trees????

Jan Reimers
01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
He's had only 31 starts in 3 healthy years, including a series of near comedic benchings/startings/benchings in 2005 and 2007 under coaches who wouldn't know how to spell commitment.

Meanwhile, he looks around at QBs like Manning, Cutler, Young and the bozo in Minnesota who are allowed to play week after week, season after season, with all their warts showing, but their coaches hanging with them.

Wouldn't you want out of this circus?

Jan Reimers
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Like most of you, I'm disappointed in JP's lack of progress, too.

Just looking at it from his point of view.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm surprised he wants out actually. Here he might actually see the field in 08...anywhere else, not likely.

He's more likely to be outright cut by another team than if he stays here.

Just shows more and more his football sense isn't up to par in the NFL.

DynaPaul
01-05-2008, 09:56 AM
JP seems to have the same mental condition that Bledsoe has. He thinks by divine authority he should be the starter and unable to see that his play isn't really that good. A strong arm isn't the only thing that makes a QB.

madness
01-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Nice unbiased poll.

Captain gameboy
01-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Why all this wasted space?

Losman thinks he is an NFL starting quarterback somewhere.

He thinks he can command starting QB money.

The Bills are telling him that it isn't going to be here.

Again, where is the conflict?

HHURRICANE
01-05-2008, 10:53 AM
"He's outta here" because he's going to get paid as the top available QB.

Sad but true.

Stewie
01-05-2008, 11:01 AM

loaded questions, it's the wys way

bigbub2352
01-05-2008, 11:05 AM
trade the bum, and if u can throw in triplett too

DBrown77
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Think about it.

what is your solution at qb? Just wondering since no qb or any other player we have is good enough.

yordad
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
I am not surprised but I just want to vote no without the attached commentsMe too.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM
what is your solution at qb? Just wondering since no qb or any other player we have is good enough.

We're loooong past that!

This thread wasn't about that.

Either way, supporting players, coaches, and management/FO that aren't getting the job done definitely ain't the way to go!

Ebenezer
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Why all this wasted space?

Losman thinks he is an NFL starting quarterback somewhere.

He thinks he can command starting QB money.

The Bills are telling him that it isn't going to be here.

Again, where is the conflict?
there isn't....just another swipe by a malcontent that loves to hate the Bills and, by his own admission, should find a new team.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
He's had only 31 starts in 3 healthy years, including a series of near comedic benchings/startings/benchings in 2005 and 2007 under coaches who wouldn't know how to spell commitment.

Meanwhile, he looks around at QBs like Manning, Cutler, Young and the bozo in Minnesota who are allowed to play week after week, season after season, with all their warts showing, but their coaches hanging with them.

Wouldn't you want out of this circus?

That's a really nice concise way of summarizing Jan!!

djjimkelly
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
i would have asked to be released after the 2nd benching