PDA

View Full Version : Revised Losman Poll:

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:44 AM
This is the version sponsored by Kleenex: "Tissues for when coping is simply too much!"

:D

shelby
01-05-2008, 08:47 AM
That wasn't so difficult, was it?

mybills
01-05-2008, 08:48 AM
:rofl:

BlackMetalNinja
01-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Well since the other one had me either saying that Losman is the only problem, or that I think somebody else is going to want to leave too, just because I'm not surprised he's going...

Little more clear cut this way.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:53 AM
That wasn't so difficult, was it?

I didn't think the first poll was either.

Apparently a little too emotionally onerous and taxing however.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Well since the other one had me either saying that Losman is the only problem, or that I think somebody else is going to want to leave too, just because I'm not surprised he's going...

Little more clear cut this way.

Well, logically, what were the options?

Let's see:

You are either surprised or not, right. That leaves two choices.

Then, either Losman is/will-be the only one, or he won't be thereby creating two additional choices under each option.

Contrary to Nighthawk's insinuation that there was an agenda attached to it, there clearly was not.

mybills
01-05-2008, 08:58 AM
If I could understand, anyone can.

BlackMetalNinja
01-05-2008, 09:09 AM

Let's see:

Then, either Losman is/will-be the only one, or he won't be thereby creating two additional choices under each option.

Contrary to Nighthawk's insinuation that there was an agenda attached to it, there clearly was not.

Look how you worded it though... Given the options for not being surprised, you said either...

A. He's the only problem
B. Somebody else will want out too

The "He's the only problem" choice makes no sense, if it said "He's the only one that wants out" then I wouldn't have had any issue with how you stated it.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 09:15 AM

Let's see:

Well, I am not surprised and I don't think anyone else will ask out, but it isn't like I would be surprised if someone else did. Josh Reed called out the playcalling after the finale. I would LIKE it if he asked out though.

LtBillsFan66
01-05-2008, 09:22 AM
No not surprised at all. The team made it clear it's sticking with Trent. JP wants to start.

bigbub2352
01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
trade the bum

YardRat
01-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Meathead's polls are better.

Captain gameboy
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Why would anybody be surprised that a guy who views himself as a starting quarterback in the NFL would want that opportunity.

Why don't we just have a poll asking whether people who participate on this site would enjoy winning the lottery?

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Look how you worded it though... Given the options for not being surprised, you said either...

A. He's the only problem
B. Somebody else will want out too

The "He's the only problem" choice makes no sense, if it said "He's the only one that wants out" then I wouldn't have had any issue with how you stated it.

Thus "problem" in quotation marks.

The "no" options had no such options.

IMO Losman's wanting out is more a reflection of the organization, right or wrong, and I anticipate that others will want out too just as in past seasons recently. It's becoming a predictable thing here in Buffalo.

I mean hell, taking your fandom out of the equation, would you as a player want to come play here over a variety of other options?

Seems to me that we had to overpay free agents last year. It doesn't seem to me that this season did anything to alter that.

yordad
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Sounds like an honest mistake.

But, is it a rhetorical question? I mean, isn't it what everyone kind of expected?

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Sounds like an honest mistake.

:rofl:

Philagape
01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I would think he would want to stay if he had kept his job.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Well yeah, of course. Why not.

I just don't think he was given a fair shot, although in spite of that I still don't see that he'd cut it here anyway.

We are such a crappy team on so many fronts that it's really difficult to assess how good each player is.

I mean Lynch didn't do much more than McGahee. So is it b/c Lynch simply isn't that good, or because the OL stinks and there's no balance in the passing game, or both, or what? He clearly doesn't have that "home run" threat/speed that many said he did, but that doesn't mean he's not a good RB.

Same thing w/ the OL. We seemingly upgraded hugely on paper. So why did the O regress to the extent that they were the worst in the league? Bad QB, RB, WRs? Poor coaching? Combo?

It'd be like throwing someone into the Niagara Whirlpool and seeing them drown and saying that they weren't a good swimmer. How would one know?

The last thing that I blame is the players. They're doing their best, we simply don't have the caliber of players on this team or even close to be able to compete with the top-half teams in the league and frankly, probably not much beyond the bottom-10.

Ebenezer
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I would think that, at this point, whether it be Losman or the circumstances, he should move on.

helmetguy
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Wait a minute. Losman didn't get a fair shot? He's a mobile Bledsoe. We all know how much love HE (Bledsoe) got around these parts...from the football luminati, of course.

Historian
01-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Trade him for a bag of pucks...