PDA

View Full Version : Ferentz rejects Ravens, McDaniels as well

G. Host
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ferentz05jan05,0,7588656.story

A day after New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels pulled himself out of the running for the Ravens' head coaching job, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz essentially did the same.

Ferentz, who was a respected assistant during his time with the Ravens, likely would have drawn significant consideration from the team.

Getting a NFL head coach job is not as high priority for some despite their only being 32 slots; job duration is too short for the number of hours they put in every week.

YardRat
01-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I'll take it.

!Papacrunk!
01-05-2008, 01:06 PM
it seems to be that there's getting to be more and more coaches that prefer the college ranks instead of the pro ranks

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2008, 10:05 AM
The Ravens job is getting to be like the Raiders job. Nobody wants it.

!Papacrunk!
01-06-2008, 12:21 PM
maybe the Ravens will be Schottenheimer and Cameron ball II

Night Train
01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll never understand why a College Coach that has it made at a University, would want to consider an NFL job. Most times, the $$ isn't much different.

Ickybaluky
01-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I'll never understand why a College Coach that has it made at a University, would want to consider an NFL job. Most times, the $$ isn't much different.

The money is a lot more if you can win, then you can make big money.

I think one of the biggest reasons is the NFL is the top of the profession. You get to deal with the best players in the world. It is all football, you don't have to deal with recruiting, boosters or NCAA regulations.

Successful college coaches are as much salespeople as coaches.