PDA

View Full Version : Game winning goals

mchurchfie
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
We let the two players who led the team in game winning goals walk last year. That's the difference in this year, we aren't winning the close ones. Everyone is standing around waiting for the next guy to be the hero. This is a team full of role players, we have no pure scorers anymore and it is killing us. Way to go FO.:bf1:

Ebenezer
01-05-2008, 03:47 PM
no heads have rolled....TG must have been on board with the moves.

hydro
01-05-2008, 03:51 PM
We definitely need to make a trade here soon...

Ebenezer
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
We definitely need to make a trade here soon...
I am betting that if anything they will move talent (Max) and get draft picks or prospects in exchange.

hydro
01-05-2008, 04:15 PM
I am betting that if anything they will move talent (Max) and get draft picks or prospects in exchange.

So you think they have given up on this season?

Ebenezer
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
So you think they have given up on this season?
I think there was an intentional plan to try to retool the team for the long term. They knew Vanek would command a lot of money. They knew what value Miller would have down the road. They HAD to create room for that money as well as other younger players. I still am not convinced that Campbell will be back at season's end. I think that they have decided to build long term while trying to be competitive enough to just make the playoffs.

In other words - we will watch a team struggle to 90 points for the next 3 to 5 years while some of the stars mature and other youth grows. Then we will see them make a push to compete for the conference and finals.

mchurchfie
01-05-2008, 04:53 PM
We won't make the POs for the next couple of years if these guys don't get off their asses. I used to think it was because of a little lack of effort and focus for a lot of their losses but it is becoming more and more apparent that other teams are just superior in talent and we are a little over rated.

Ebenezer
01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
We won't make the POs for the next couple of years if these guys don't get off their asses. I used to think it was because of a little lack of effort and focus for a lot of their losses but it is becoming more and more apparent that other teams are just superior in talent and we are a little over rated.
as we were last year...this team won a lot of OT and SO games...without those we would have been a 4th seed - at best. The playoffs showed we were overrated.

I like the concept of what the team is doing to better prepare for the future and keep their stars but I think they overplayed their hands with the fans. This city is not going to be forgiving of a team that went from 1st overall to barely making the playoffs.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
you gotta remember that the Sabres always make their run after the All :star: break. (except for last year) I still think that this team is still going to make the playoffs :gosabres:

Philagape
01-07-2008, 08:28 AM
as we were last year...this team won a lot of OT and SO games...without those we would have been a 4th seed - at best. The playoffs showed we were overrated.

I like the concept of what the team is doing to better prepare for the future and keep their stars but I think they overplayed their hands with the fans. This city is not going to be forgiving of a team that went from 1st overall to barely making the playoffs.

When a team has its shot at the Stanley Cup, it should keep that shot alive as long as possible, even if it means sacrificing the future to some extent. The Cup is what it's all about, and two seasons isn't long enough to try for it. I'd rather be elite and then rebuild than be perpetually mediocre.