PDA

View Full Version : Denney lucky to make team??

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:14 AM
CAMP DISAPPOINTMENTS: Rookie DE Ryan Denney, second-round pick, will be lucky to make team; entire DL.

http://waymoresports.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?GXHC_gx_session_id_=89475819e6e31110&pagename=waymoresports/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1026144486295&call_page=WM_Football&call_pageid=979101264803&call_pagepath=Football/Football

that's one long addy. :D

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 10:17 AM
and we traded up to get him...just so td could spite pitt!

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:19 AM
Personally, I think we have WAY too many white guys on the D-line. Don't hate me. But it gives me an uneasy feeling. That's the first thing I thought after the draft. The line is too white to be good.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Personally, I think we have WAY too many white guys on the D-line. Don't hate me. But it gives me an uneasy feeling. That's the first thing I thought after the draft. The line is too white to be good.

They need to get some sun, eh? :D

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:23 AM
That might help.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:23 AM
Log - You could have nixed the session id part of the url.

Pat - That is the dumbest comment ever.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:25 AM
I liked that particular session.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Pat - Do you have the balls to say that there are too many black QBs in the league? Not that I feel that way, but that is just as moronic as your comment about whites on the DL.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
Log - You could have nixed the session id part of the url.

Pat - That is the dumbest comment ever.

More of a joke then anything. Stop being so PC. But at the same time, I like having a big Ted Washington, Trailor, Williams, Adams in the middle of my line. Not Denny and Price.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:26 AM
BTW, there's no way Denney gets cut. He's a second-rounder and he's not going anywhere...at least not this year. I think he'll be fine, but just isn't ready yet.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:29 AM
Pat - Do you have the balls to say that there are too many black QBs in the league? Not that I feel that way, but that is just as moronic as your comment about whites on the DL.

I would if I believed that. I think there should be more Black QB's. I love Mcnabb, Brooks, I think that Shaun King got shafted in TB, I think Kordell Sucks but then again I think Feidler sucks.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I bet you don't have the balls to make black jokes like that. It's not being PC.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:31 AM
I would if I believed that. I think there should be more Black QB's. I love Mcnabb, Brooks, I think that Shaun King got shafted in TB, I think Kordell Sucks but then again I think Feidler sucks.

What does color have to do with anything? Do you think McNabb is good only because he is black? Or being black makes him better? Remind you of Jimmy the Greek anyone...

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:32 AM
What are you talking about dude. I think Big black guys make better interior D-linemen then large white guys. I don't see the problem.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:33 AM
Who are you, The White PC Crusader, sent to message boards around the globe, to defend black people from ANY statement, that may offend anybody.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:33 AM
What are you talking about dude. I think Big black guys make better interior D-linemen then large white guys. I don't see the problem.

You're making generalizations. And that is bad. It means you are racist.

Do you think blacks have any shortcomings? Lets hear it...

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Who are you, The White PC Crusader, sent to message boards around the globe, to defend black people from ANY statement, that may offend anybody.

Nope. I hardly PC. I tell it like it is.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Society has you fooled that you can’t say anything about race. Big deal. You’re the one that brought up Black QB’s, My point, which you seemed to miss, is that I like QB’s that are good. Remember when I said, I think Kordell sucks, but so does Feidler? That was me demonstrating my point. Stop being a *******. Some of my best friends are Black! I have these conversations all the time

Ebenezer
08-23-2002, 10:39 AM
how come no matter what patrick types I always here it coming out as Sponge Bob's voice?

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but Ryan Denney really sucks, eh? :D

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:41 AM

Nope. I hardly PC. I tell it like it is.

Wrong. If you did you’d understand my point. And Don’t ever call me a racist, As a matter of fact, I think that may be against T.O.S. You don’t even know me. Sure, I made the statement for a shock-value Joke, but you’re getting carried away. So what we have different views on things, but I’m far from being a racist.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:43 AM
Society has you fooled that you can’t say anything about race. Big deal. You’re the one that brought up Black QB’s, My point, which you seemed to miss, is that I like QB’s that are good. Remember when I said, I think Kordell sucks, but so does Feidler? That was me demonstrating my point. Stop being a *******. Some of my best friends are Black! I have these conversations all the time

You have a warped view of the whole issue.

I have the balls to bring up race if it applies. Like if I was asked to describe someone I wouldn’t shy away from using their skin color as part of their description.

You, on the other hand, are making generalizations based on race. In your case they are positive ones (eg. Blacks are better DL). Painting races with a broad brush makes you what you are. I’m sure you have preconceived beliefs that aren’t so positive.

I LOVE the black friends line. They ALWAYS use that one.

How am I being PC? I’m telling it like it is.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:45 AM
As a matter of fact, I think that may be against T.O.S.

And you call me the *******.

TedMock
08-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Fella's c'mon now! It was a stupid comment but the guy was joking! People really do need to lighten up and laugh a stupid things instead of getting stressed and offended. Didn't anybody here ever watch the old SNL's or All in the Family or The Jefferson's. These shows and comedy was hysterical until society got way too uptight. I do not condone racism at all. I'm in an interracial relationship and it's great. We both laugh at the stereotypes of both our nationalities and realize that these things weren't just made up. stereotypes do have meaning behind them believe it or not. They're not all true anymore but most were based on real life situations and then exaggerated.....NOT just white and black but all ethnicities (irish, italian, jewish etc....).

Ð
08-23-2002, 10:46 AM
Guys, drop it.
This is going nowhere fast.

lordofgun
Canadians suck at football, that's for sure!

LtBillsFan66
Originally posted by lordofgun
Yeah, but Ryan Denney really sucks, eh? :D

I don't know. I haven't seen him play yet.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm interracial.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:48 AM
You need to take a step back buddy. You’re not going to change the world. When’s the last time you talked to a black person about sports? Here’s a conversation from Billsfanone.

BFO, “Hey check out that guys shirt”
Friend, “what guy”
BFO, “Ummmm, the one over there”
Friend, “Yeah, there are 10 guys over there.
BFO, “the one with the sandals”
Friend, “ 8 of them have Sandals”
BFO, “Oh never mind”
Friend, “You mean the ONLY BLACK GUY IN THE GROUP”
BFO, “Don’t say that you racist. What are you Jimmy the Greek, You’re singling out that guy because he’s black, what’s wrong with you”
Friend, “wrong, you half-wit, he’s the only black guy, How it’s the easiest way to point him out.”

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 10:48 AM
i should have been a farmer..what a great life

Ð
08-23-2002, 10:49 AM
If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance towards other cultures.

And the Dutch! :D

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:50 AM
And the stuck up french!

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:50 AM
And blondes!

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:51 AM
You need to take a step back buddy. You’re not going to change the world. When’s the last time you talked to a black person about sports? Here’s a conversation from Billsfanone.

BFO, “Hey check out that guys shirt”
Friend, “what guy”
BFO, “Ummmm, the one over there”
Friend, “Yeah, there are 10 guys over there.
BFO, “the one with the sandals”
Friend, “ 8 of them have Sandals”
BFO, “Oh never mind”
Friend, “You mean the ONLY BLACK GUY IN THE GROUP”
BFO, “Don’t say that you racist. What are you Jimmy the Greek, You’re singling out that guy because he’s black, what’s wrong with you”
Friend, “wrong, you half-wit, he’s the only black guy, How it’s the easiest way to point him out.”

Um no.

Ð
08-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Hey watch it, the French make up exactly 0.000016% of the NFL defensive line population. :(

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 10:54 AM
Pat to black friend: I have a funny Polish joke, want to hear it.
Black friend: sure
Pat. blah blah blah
black friend: hahaha that was a good one, got anymore ethnic jokes. they are so funny.
pat: no sorry man, maybe i'll come up with a few more next time.
black friend: i hope so. you are funny

a minute later black friend gone;
pat: want to hear a black joke
polish friend: sure
pat; blah blah blah
polish: hahahahaha
pat; good one right
polish; did you tell that to black friend
pat; {silence}

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
Fella's c'mon now! It was a stupid comment but the guy was joking! People really do need to lighten up and laugh a stupid things instead of getting stressed and offended. Didn't anybody here ever watch the old SNL's or All in the Family or The Jefferson's. These shows and comedy was hysterical until society got way too uptight. I do not condone racism at all. I'm in an interracial relationship and it's great. We both laugh at the stereotypes of both our nationalities and realize that these things weren't just made up. stereotypes do have meaning behind them believe it or not. They're not all true anymore but most were based on real life situations and then exaggerated.....NOT just white and black but all ethnicities (irish, italian, jewish etc....).

THank you. You may not have had the intention to agree with my point, buy you have the exact same thought process as me.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 10:59 AM
I studied the African American Culture at U.B., The classes were 90% black. We talked about Jimmy the Greek. The class thought that what he said had roots in the truth but he went about it wrong. That’s not me saying that, that’s the black class, I know more about the subject then you could ever imagine. I’ve read books, Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America, by Nate McCall, He writes for the Washington post, and Kaffir Boy, by Mark Mathabane, A tennis player, What about A people’s History of the United States of America, by Howard Zinn. Most of these were recommended to me by me Black Supervisor at work. We have these conversations all the time.

John Doe
08-23-2002, 11:01 AM
CAN WE GE BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD?! That being, whether a two-bit sports site has any insight into Denney making the team. The question is, who is going to beat him out? I see:

Ahanatu
Office
Denney
Schobel

Flowers is gone, so that leaves only Fisher as his competition. It looks like Denney makes the team easily. Schobel looked rather lost in last year's pre-season. Gee, its a good thing we didn't cut him.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Hawaiian defensive linemen are always pretty good. I think it's their fat thighs. :)

LtBillsFan66
I studied the African American Culture at U.B., The classes were 90% black. We talked about Jimmy the Greek. The class thought that what he said had roots in the truth but he went about it wrong. That’s not me saying that, that’s the black class, I know more about the subject then you could ever imagine. I’ve read books, Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America, by Nate McCall, He writes for the Washington post, and Kaffir Boy, by Mark Mathabane, A tennis player, What about A people’s History of the United States of America, by Howard Zinn. Most of these were recommended to me by me Black Supervisor at work. We have these conversations all the time.

I guess that makes everything perfectly ok.

I want to hear that you weren't afraid to tell all of your classmates your best black jokes after class.

casdhf
Man, I hate the dutch

TedMock
Agreed, I think Fisher is on his way out. He's too small to play interior and with Denney being a number 2 you almost have to keep him on potential.

casdhf
08-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Hawaiian defensive linemen are always pretty good. I think it's their fat thighs. :)

Could be the pineapple. I suggest all of our Defensive Lineman eat pineapple. It will double their sack totals.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 11:07 AM
BF1 - If there is one thing I've learned here, it's that it's tough to argue with an idiot without looking like one yourself.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 11:09 AM
I hate the Dutch too. I used to work for a Dutch company with it's North American HQ in Canada. Needless to say, they are out of business.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:10 AM
Pat to black friend: I have a funny Polish joke, want to hear it.
Black friend: sure
Pat. blah blah blah
black friend: hahaha that was a good one, got anymore ethnic jokes. they are so funny.
pat: no sorry man, maybe i'll come up with a few more next time.
black friend: i hope so. you are funny

a minute later black friend gone;
pat: want to hear a black joke
polish friend: sure
pat; blah blah blah
polish: hahahahaha
pat; good one right
polish; did you tell that to black friend
pat; {silence}

Although I’ve heard Black jokes before, I’m sure we all have. I refuse to tell them. I’m sure you don’t believe me but this is true. I’m sorry that I believe that Black athletes are better suited for the position of D-line in football. If this makes me a racist in your warped view of society then so be it.

Because of my background with black people, I tend to lean in their favor on most issues. I almost got in to a fight two years ago defending my point that inner city crime is more of a result of Social-economic issues then race, that since the civil rights movements took place only 30-some years ago in the 60’s, many blacks are only one generation removed from great inequalities in society. And that when the civil rights movement was enacted, The money that was sent into black communities was used to build playgrounds and basketball courts instead of schools and libraries. Which is another reason for the high crime rates.

Of Course, I believe that Black athletes are better suited for the position of D-line in football, so I’m a bad guy. I’ll debate this with you all day buddy, lighten up.

casdhf
08-23-2002, 11:10 AM
I think it's the wooden shoes...I really hate wooden shoes

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 11:11 AM
BF1 - If there is one thing I've learned here, it's that it's tough to argue with an idiot without looking like one yourself.

Well good. I'm glad you are learning something. :hamrhed:

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:12 AM
EE hates me cause i kicked his ass 18-8

casdhf
08-23-2002, 11:13 AM
I learned what's going on in this thread:

:deadhorse

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 11:19 AM

Although I’ve heard Black jokes before, I’m sure we all have. I refuse to tell them. I’m sure you don’t believe me but this is true. I’m sorry that I believe that Black athletes are better suited for the position of D-line in football. If this makes me a racist in your warped view of society then so be it.

Because of my background with black people, I tend to lean in their favor on most issues. I almost got in to a fight two years ago defending my point that inner city crime is more of a result of Social-economic issues then race, that since the civil rights movements took place only 30-some years ago in the 60’s, many blacks are only one generation removed from great inequalities in society. And that when the civil rights movement was enacted, The money that was sent into black communities was used to build playgrounds and basketball courts instead of schools and libraries. Which is another reason for the high crime rates.

Of Course, I believe that Black athletes are better suited for the position of D-line in football, so I’m a bad guy. I’ll debate this with you all day buddy, lighten up.

Ah you explained everything right there. The problem is you are spending too much time trying to learn and not enough time opening your eyes.

To say someone is better suited for a position, job, function, based on race is flat out racist.

Who is better suited for a head coach?
President of the U.S.?
Chess player?
Basketball player?

You failed the racist litmus test bud. Sorry to break it to you. I find a lot of people that delve into the plight of "inner-city youth/crime" are trying to overcome their own racist views. They think that somehow if they show that they are taking an interest and "learning" that their deep racist feelings will subside. Enter the typical LIBERAL.

I like how you used "inner-city." A classic POLITICALLY CORRECT term for BLACK!!!

casdhf
08-23-2002, 11:23 AM
I think you both need a hobby.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 11:24 AM
I like how you used "inner-city." A classic POLITICALLY CORRECT term for BLACK!!!

You're stereotyping. Eminem and Vanilla Ice came from the inner city.

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 11:25 AM
And blondes!

you sonofa*****! :D

casdhf
08-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Sweeds too, they're right by the Dutch.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:35 AM
you're way off base

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:42 AM

To say someone is better suited for a position, job, function, based on race is flat out racist.

Who is better suited for a head coach?
President of the U.S.?
Chess player?
Basketball player?

Totally different. I based that on size.

I think Tall guys are better basketball players,
I think that smart guys make better doctors.
I think that big guys make better d-linemen.
Hell, I think that gay guys have a better fashion sense.

Does that make me homophobic?
Maybe I have a problem with tall people?
And damn those smart people making all that Dr. money

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:44 AM

Ah you explained everything right there. The problem is you are spending too much time trying to learn and not enough time opening your eyes.

who are you the Dalai Lama? Stop trying to get all deep.

SoCalBillsFan
08-23-2002, 11:47 AM

You failed the racist litmus test bud. Sorry to break it to you. I find a lot of people that delve into the plight of "inner-city youth/crime" are trying to overcome their own racist views. They think that somehow if they show that they are taking an interest and "learning" that their deep racist feelings will subside. Enter the typical LIBERAL.

Did you really just say "he failed the racist litmus test?" Are you kidding me? :lol:

Take it easy guys. It was a lighthearted comment, I don't think we can send anyone to message board jail for being a racist because of it. Honestly, when I first read it I knew he was joking. "the line is too white." cmon, its a joke. I thought it was funny. Does that mean I have "deep-seeded" racist beliefs?

Let's talk about football please!

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 11:49 AM
And the stuck up french!

i can't stand them either

did you see some french guy wrote a book saying the sept 11h attacks were done by the us goverment, not terrorists?its a best seller in france...what a bunch of scumbags

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:50 AM

HenryRules
08-23-2002, 11:51 AM
Man, 4 pages of posts on the topic of Ryan Denney and maybe only 2 or 3 actually have to do with him making the team. I agree with John Doe that he'll make the team because there isn't really any competition. I do think he has greatly underperformed this training camp and it scares me considering his age, but hopefully he can get up to speed by midseason and contribute in the DL rotation.
I'm not sure if it was JD that posted the post I'm thinking of, it was so many pages back I can't remember exactly who posted it.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey if I thought this board needed a little heated debate. I'm really not that uptight. :D

If I may quote Rude American quoting Eminem:
"Now this looks like a job for me
so everybody... just follow me
'cause we need a little... controversy
'cause it feels so empty without me. "

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:53 AM

Come on, now you’re playing with words. Give me a break. Two paragraphs earlier, I said that inner-city crime was a result of Social-economic differences and not race. What does that mean? Do I need to spell it out for you?

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

Did you really just say "he failed the racist litmus test?" Are you kidding me? :lol:

Take it easy guys. It was a lighthearted comment, I don't think we can send anyone to message board jail for being a racist because of it. Honestly, when I first read it I knew he was joking. "the line is too white." cmon, its a joke. I thought it was funny. Does that mean I have "deep-seeded" racist beliefs?

Let's talk about football please!

Thank you also!

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 11:55 AM

Come on, now you’re playing with words. Give me a break. Two paragraphs earlier, I said that inner-city crime was a result of Social-economic differences and not race. What does that mean? Do I need to spell it out for you?

I'm an inner-city youth. Much like Vanilla Ice and Eminem.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Or WAS an inner-city youth. I'm older now.

Drewpac
08-23-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry to poke my nose into this one but all of BF1's comments are completely idiotic and have been making me sick. I can't believe that you are trying to label Patrick as a racist for his comment when he was obviously joking.

It's people like you that are the real problem. Race has become such a taboo subject that the problem of racism is no longer addressed. People need to be able to have an open dialogue about race if we are ever going to be able to do anything about the problem. I know you hate to admit this fact because mainstream idealogues have brainwashed you to pretend that black people are white people. Let's face the fact: Blacks, whites, asians, middle easterns, etc....all LOOK DIFFERENT and have their own unique cultures AND ABILITIES!!! We need to embrace this fact, not pretend it doesn't exist.

Now don't get me wrong...I believe that all races are equal intellectually. A black, white, asian, etc. can all be equivalent doctors, lawyers, politicians, scientists, or any number of professional occupations given equal opportunity and access to a GOOD Education.

However(and I know some of you will deride me for this), this does not hold true in the field of athletics. Why is it that there are predominantly more black NBA players than white players? Is it because WHITE owners are racist against white players? COME ON!!! On average, black athletes are superior to white athletes. In fact, if there ever comes a time in my lifetime when there is no longer racism, I believe we would see virtually no white athletes participating in sports that are predominantly dependent upon pure athleticism (track & field, basketball, football). Of course, sports that are based upon learning a skill will always have a mix of races that are participating(golf, tennis, bowling, even baseball).

You tell Patrick to "open his eyes"...., when that is exactly what he is doing!!! You BF1 are the one who needs to open his eyes. Try talking to a black person(I seriously doubt you even have any black friends) about this and they'll tell you the same thing that I am. By the way, I am of mixed race AND I'm in an interracial relationship so don't even try to tell me I don't have a right to even address this issue! Lighten Up!!! Peace!!!

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac

However(and I know some of you will deride me for this), this does not hold true in the field of athletics. Why is it that there are predominantly more black NBA players than white players? Is it because WHITE owners are racist against white players? COME ON!!! On average, black athletes are superior to white athletes. In fact, if there ever comes a time in my lifetime when there is no longer racism, I believe we would see virtually no white athletes participating in sports that are predominantly dependent upon pure athleticism (track & field, basketball, football). Of course, sports that are based upon learning a skill will always have a mix of races that are participating(golf, tennis, bowling, even baseball).

i actually did a college paper/presentation on this. i wish i could remember the details...but i remember one fact was that 70% of inner city african american kids feel they will play professional sports when they grow up...as opposed to something like 11% of suburban whites.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 12:43 PM
I did a paper on how golf is not a sport.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 12:45 PM
I did a paper on symbolism in movies.

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 12:54 PM
I did a paper on how golf is not a sport.

ha! i did a 25 page paper on whu golf IS a sport!!!

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 12:55 PM
I did a paper on symbolism in movies.

i want an example

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 12:57 PM
I forgot everything from college.

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 12:58 PM
thats funny..i don't remember being in high school

HenryRules
08-23-2002, 12:59 PM
Personally, I think the issue of the predominance of black athletes in certain sports is a by-product of the social status of the majority of black people, the same holds true for the reason that whites hold the majority of intellectual jobs (i.e. accountants, lawyers, doctors, etc.).
To clarify, white people on average grow up in better neighbourhoods than black people. This is where the majority of the accountants, lawyers, docters, etc. will be found. Because of this, throughout their youth, white people are more likely to befriend people that are accountants, lawyers, docters, etc. and believe in turn that it is possible for them to become a professional in these fields. Conversely, black people on average will not interact with as many as these people and will feel they belong to a different segment of society which the black people cannot meet.
This leads white people to emphasize scholastics and work towards careers in these areas, and sports often suffers because of this. It is inevitable in most athletes lives that at one point in their life, they will have to make a decision between sports and academics and I think because white people are more likely to believe an academic career is possible for them, they are more likely to choose academics than sport.
This is partly based on past experience ... I was a white kid who grew up in a good neighbourhood. Before my last two years in high school (I live in Ontario, so they were grades 12 and 13), I stopped playing junior lacrosse and rep hockey and instead played school sports (which are nowhere near as competitive or time consuming as non-school sports in Ontario). This was pretty much done because I wanted to focus on getting into the universities that I wanted to. After changing commitments, my grades went up an easy 10-15% overall.
Personally, I don't think black people make better athletes than white people ... I think poor people make better athletes than rich people. That is why at the earlier parts of the century, Irish-Americans were very dominant in most athletic events and now black people are dominant in most athletic events.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 01:03 PM
People who generalize are ignorant.

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules

Personally, I don't think black people make better athletes than white people ... I think poor people make better athletes than rich people. That is why at the earlier parts of the century, Irish-Americans were very dominant in most athletic events and now black people are dominant in most athletic events.

wisest thing saifd on this thread

Ð
08-23-2002, 01:09 PM

All of them :shades:

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

i want an example

Well, eveytime you see a telephone pole, it stands for a ...umm... you know...

that's what my college professor said. Now I can't even watch a movie because of all the thoughts that would run through my head. Car chases are the worst.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

wisest thing saifd on this thread

Like I said social-Economic issues.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 01:16 PM

Well, eveytime you see a telephone pole, it stands for a ...umm... you know...

that's what my college professor said. Now I can't even watch a movie because of all the thoughts that would run through my head. Car chases are the worst.

All those telephone poles whizzing by.......

You got me BD. lol

Drewpac
08-23-2002, 01:58 PM
I agree with HenryRules!

SoCalBillsFan
08-23-2002, 02:01 PM

:lol:

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 02:26 PM
EE hates me cause i kicked his ass 18-8

Did I strike a nerve.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 02:42 PM
In 5 more ZoneBucks, and you can put "18-8" in his custom title :)

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 02:47 PM
that's what I was thinking but he's the type to change right back.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 02:47 PM
You should remove the quotes around

18-8

so Pat can cut and paste. His specialty. Original thought isn't his bag.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 02:48 PM
He also gave me over10 disapprove ratings for it. He's probably hit me for over 150 Zone bucks.

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 02:49 PM
that's what I was thinking but he's the type to change right back.

He doesn't have the bucks. :D

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 02:52 PM
I don't know where he gets that from. As a matter of fact, in his first post of the contest he said, I usually like your posts. and something about being a good loser unlike his last opp. Then I beat him and he hasn't stopped crying about it. It comes off really bad. Makes you seem like a big sore loser

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 02:54 PM
He did earlier.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 02:54 PM
You are the only one I see still talking about that.

The crying is in your head.

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 02:57 PM
You've been *****ing at me ever since.....don't try to blow this off on me.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2002, 02:59 PM
:cry: Pat

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Dude, Aren't you in your 40's or something.

Michael82
08-23-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey billsfanone...
Statistically, African Americans are better athletes. :D

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Hey billsfanone...
Statistically, African Americans are better athletes. :D

Depends on the sport. African Cubans and African Dominicans seem to play well in Baseball.

Here is a funny thing. Some Cubans and Dominicans are technically black, yet they refuse to admit it. The ones I knew vehemently oppose being called black.

I used to date a Dominican chick. Man was she hot. :drool:

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 03:37 PM
If I were black, I would hate being called African-American. I'm not from Africa. I'm just an American.

SoCalBillsFan
08-23-2002, 03:38 PM
this thread has like 3 subplots and nothing to do with the title. We should make a TV show out of this. It covers racism, grudges, has humor- what more do we need? :)

For the record (like anybody cares about this anyways) I think denney will make the team. We'd be stupid to cut him so early.

SoCalBillsFan
08-23-2002, 03:39 PM
If I were black, I would hate being called African-American. I'm not from Africa. I'm just an American.

:up:

If people want to be considered "equal", why does eveyone have to have special titles. We're all americans. I agree 100 percent LoG

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 03:40 PM
I agree SoCal...

The website that published this should be ridiculed and mocked.

Anyone else who can't wait for the real games to start?

Tatonka
08-23-2002, 03:51 PM
i hate EE's picture of ralph... i am predjudiced against him! if that is even spelled right..

huked on fonics wurked four mee!

Tatonka
08-23-2002, 03:53 PM
ps... i agree with pat.. i liked having bruce and ted in there as opposed to schobel and price.. so i guess i did like black guys on the line better..

HE HATE ME HE HATE ME...

Michael82
08-23-2002, 03:56 PM
okay fine log....

statistically, black men are better athletes, especially in football and basketball. :D

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 03:58 PM

If an African American had a kid in Canada, are they an African American Canadian?

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Food for a racial debate.

Portuguese aren't considered "minorities,” yet Spanish (from Spain) are. How come? They are from the same peninsula.

Disclaimer: I know many latinos that don’t consider themselves “minorities.” Just the liberals do.

casdhf
08-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Or if an African-American and a Asian-Canadian had 4 kids, what would ya call them?

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Or if an African-American and a Asian-Canadian had 4 kids, what would ya call them?

Black.

Tiger woods is half Philippino, yet the sports media makes him out to be black only.

Just call me Mr. Controversy Today

Novacane
08-23-2002, 04:08 PM
I agree with LOG. No way they cut Denny no matter how bad he does in camp. YOu do not cut your second rnd pick and even more so when you move up to get him. Give the guy some time for petes sake!

Patrick76777
08-23-2002, 04:23 PM
I think we should cut him, We have too many white guys on the D-line, Way too many white guys to be good

Billsouth
08-23-2002, 06:41 PM
billsfanone shut the hell up and go to a different site if your going to try to start **** here.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2002, 07:37 PM
I guarentee Denney will make the team!!!!

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
billsfanone shut the hell up and go to a different site if your going to try to start **** here.

Do I have a choice?

How about if I shut the hell up and stay here?

LVGrown
08-23-2002, 08:38 PM
i dont know about the east coast and how the whole black and white issue is on that side of the country so i speak for my situation and my situation only. I tell black jokes to my black friends, mexican jokes to my mexican friends, etc ... etc ... and they all love telling me their blonde, white and indian jokes! I'd have to say the jokes towards my hawaiian friends are the funniest. You wouldn't believe how often they get asked if they live in grass huts and only eat pineapples. I crack up. By the way if anyone wants to know one of the funnest racial jokes i have ever heard let me know. Its a black joke told to me by a black friend!!! heehee, im laughing just thinking about it. WOOHOO Winfield and Coy Wire are the hottest guys on the team!!!!!!

Erin

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 08:41 PM
lol Care to share the black joke with the rest of us? I'm dying to read it.

LVGrown
08-23-2002, 08:53 PM
yeah i will tell it, i just didn't wanna offend anyone. Ok you guys, this is just a joke and I in by no way agree with it and if anyone has a white, blonde or indian joke go ahead and bring it on. Hopefully we are all grown enough to appreciate a good laugh and the fact that a black man "invinted" this joke.

So whats black, purple, green, blue, orange and red?????

LVGrown
08-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Edit: Please refrain from using any instance of the word in question. Thanks.

Michael82
08-23-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm polish and thats the worst for jokes...I hear it all, even from my buddies. :chair:

:D

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 10:15 PM
This is starting to go too far. Please reread TOS if your memory is slipping.

Dozerdog
08-23-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
okay fine log....

statistically, black men are better athletes, especially in football and basketball. :D Statistically, people who brows the internet all day are generally overweight and single...:pimp: