PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect: James Hardy

jdbillsfan
01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Hardy fits the mold of getting some size at WR. This is an interesting article about him that projects him as the 7th best WR, late 1st or 2nd round pick.

"My guess for the league is that Hardy will go somewhere late in the first round," Nawrocki said. "At his best, I think he could be a player like Plaxico Burress. But I think that would be his ceiling. I'm not completely sold on him myself, but I know there's a lot of teams out there who have shown interest."
Nawrocki watched Hardy in the Insight Bowl and didn't think he played very well. He said Hardy dropped four balls, and "to me he just comes off the line too slow."

Not the most ringing endorsement.

Scumbag College
01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd be interested to see what type of 40 times he runs in his workouts and at the combines. He's intriguing, but still seems pretty raw right now.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I watched him very closely in the bowl game and was not impressed, even though I had previously thought that he could be someone who might help the Bills.

While Indiana's QB certainly didn't help make Hardy look good with his inaccuracy and Oklahoma State tried to take him out of the game as much as possible, Indiana did target Hardy quite a bit during the game, which gave me plenty of opportunities to see him in action running different routes. Except for possibly one play where he did get space between the CB and the safety when his QB overthrew him badly, Hardy was unable to get open deep--he always had a DB right on him. He did make a nice grab on a pass that was thrown low on a square in route for a key first down, but other than that, he just never seemed to get open enough to be able to make a play without a DB draped all over him. Very disapppointing.

I would be very interested to see what his 40 time is. Even though I had seen him make some good catches against lesser teams in the Big 10, he didn't seem to have enough speed when he was matched up against Oklahoma State's athletic corners. I would not want to see the Bills take him unless they can get him in the late 3rd-4th round.

Roscoe'sChicken69
01-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I like Hardy. He had no QB at Indiana.

DraftBoy
01-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Kellen Lewis isnt Brian Brohm but he also isnt a horrible QB either, the kid can throw the ball.

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I like Hardy but i dont think i would use a 11 pick on him, if he falls to 2nd round early, i would take him, provided we dont go WR in the 1st round, i think we still need to sign a WR in the FA market as well, i am hopin for Bryant Johnson

Confused
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Dan Connor in the first and him in the 2nd would suit me dandy. However most mocks i've read have going to Dallas.