PDA

View Full Version : Darian Hatcher 2 Minutes for biting

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
The Philadelphia Flyers used to be fighting mad. Now, having been dominated by the Devils for so long, they're biting mad.

In one of the most bizarre incidents in recent NHL history, Flyers defenseman Derian Hatcher bit the middle finger on Devils center Travis Zajac's left hand last night during a second-period scrum. It drew enough blood to require stitches, and may also draw a suspension after a review from the league.

"All it shows from the angle we have is Trav pulling his hand away and his glove is still in Hatcher's mouth like a dog on a bone," Devils coach Brent Sutter said. "I think the league obviously has to look at that. You've got a player who obviously bit another player in a scrum. That's not something you like to see in a game, let alone by a veteran."

Zajac had to leave the game for stitches, taking only four shifts in the second period. Hatcher, 35, maintained his innocence, claiming he received a face wash from the 22-year-old Devil and almost lost a tooth.

"If he's cut, good. I didn't bite him," Hatcher said. "I didn't think anything of it. He went right across my face. Play went on and nobody said anything until one of their guys asked if I'd bitten someone.

"It almost ripped my tooth out. It's sore, but I didn't bite him."
http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1199511310320470.xml&coll=1

hammerbillsfan
01-06-2008, 03:31 AM
**** i hate the flyers

chernobylwraiths
01-06-2008, 05:14 PM
As much as I hate Hatcher, I say good for him. That is one of the most chicken**** things that I see hockey players do. The grab someone from behind with their glove on right over the face. The classic "facewash" is just a garbage move and I'm glad someone did something about it.

I really think the reason why this hasn't been done before is because it is difficult for a hockey player to bite anyone without any teeth.

im4bflo
01-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Some people want it badder than others, cheating seems to be the way this year.

JD
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Video?

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcz8JS727Xs

doesn't show it good