PDA

View Full Version : Kiper on the bills draft

Tatonka
04-03-2003, 11:04 PM
this may have already been posted.. but it is from mel kipers mailbag.. the link wont work without espn insiders..

Q: Now that the Bills have acquired the 23rd overall choice from Atlanta, who do you see them going after in April's draft? -- Nestor Inostroza, Monmouth Junction, N.J.
MEL: The Bills could have gone with a defensive tackle in that spot, but with the addition of Sam Adams to that defense they now have someone to put next to Pat Williams on the interior. They have also upgraded the linebacking corps with Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey, who they hope can play as effectively in their defense as he did in recording a career-high eight sacks in the Texans' 3-4 scheme last year.

The front seven looks to be much improved, at least on paper, so if they want to look at another receiver that is definitely an option. Buffalo has Josh Reed stepping up to go along with Eric Moulds, but they do need a third weapon at wideout. The Bills drafted Reed as that third guy last year, so at No. 23 this year they could be looking at three different options: Taylor Jacobs of Florida, Kelley Washington of Tennessee or Bryant Johnson of Penn State. Those three guys are bunched together, jockeying for the 3-4-5 positions among wide receivers in the draft, and Buffalo will probably see two of those names still on the board at No. 23.
http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1529203

The Spaz
04-03-2003, 11:11 PM
If we were to take a Wr I would want it to be Jacobs or Bryant. I don't want anything to do with Washington unless he fell to us in the 2nd or 3rd round. Go Bills!

Tatonka
04-03-2003, 11:17 PM
does it seem like it is only you and me in here tonight?

Brian H
04-03-2003, 11:24 PM
I just came on to say great avatar again thats all :)

TigerJ
04-03-2003, 11:25 PM
Washington does have the look of a locker room headache, doesn't he! Between Bryant Johnson and Taylor Jacobs, I think Johnson has the better size speed combo. I think he's a steady guy with hnads of glue too. I know Taylor Jacobs is higher on most draft boards, but I prefer Johnson.

Tatonka
04-03-2003, 11:28 PM
pass on all florida receivers..