PDA

View Full Version : An unhappy J.P. is not what Bills need

Philagape
01-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Inside the NFL
An unhappy J.P. is not what Bills need
MarkGaughan

J .P. Losman’s days in Buffalo were numbered Nov. 26, the day he was benched for good in favor of rookie Trent Edwards.

So it’s no surprise that Losman’s agent confirmed this week that he wants the Bills to trade his client this offseason.

While Gary Wichard, Losman’s agent, says his client would play out his contract in Buffalo next season if necessary, the reality is Losman is virtually certain to be gone from the Bills before the 2008 season starts.

Losman has no future in Buffalo. He has no interest in being a backup with no chance to win the starting job, and he would be given no chance to unseat Edwards if the two went to training camp together. The Bills have made their choice clear. Edwards is their man.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/244776.html

shelby
01-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Good luck J.P.!

DynaPaul
01-06-2008, 09:54 AM
He should be HAPPY he has the chance to stay in Buffalo riding the bench and making ALL that money after stinking up the joint.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Just like Rob Johnson, JP stole $20+ million out of Ralph and Bill fans pockets.

djjimkelly
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Just like Rob Johnson, JP stole $20+ million out of Ralph and Bill fans pockets.

its a good thing ralph ddnt spend an extra 30 mil over last 3 years the field us a competative team we arent trying to win.

but we need to keep dreaming

and getting rid of JP and probably price and probably webster we should be 40 mil under cap and please someone tell me im not clump. thats what we will be when we make those 3 moves.

and we will spend none of it on anyone of true interest more robert royals to be signed

venis2k1
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/touchstone_pictures/the_waterboy/adam_sandler/guide1.jpg

Water sucks Needle****!!!!

Roscoe'sChicken69
01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
J.P sucks!!!!!!!!!!! He is going to be a bench warmer all his carrer. We have the next Tom Brady in Trent.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
its a good thing ralph ddnt spend an extra 30 mil over last 3 years the field us a competative team we arent trying to win.

and getting rid of JP and probably price and probably webster we should be 40 mil under cap and please someone tell me im not clump. thats what we will be when we make those 3 moves.

and we will spend none of it on anyone of true interest more robert royals to be signed

I'd have no problem paying JP if he produced. I remember people on this board were saying JP was going to get $10 million a year contract extension from the Bills this year. :crazy:

yordad
01-06-2008, 04:42 PM
And the number one reason is..........

"The Bills don’t have to move Losman for financial reasons. He’s due to earn about $2 million next season. Losman had a $5 million escalator in his contract for 2008. But that was dependent in large part on him playing 50 percent of the snaps in 2007. He didn’t."

justasportsfan
01-06-2008, 09:02 PM

"The Bills don’t have to move Losman for financial reasons. He’s due to earn about $2 million next season. Losman had a $5 million escalator in his contract for 2008. But that was dependent in large part on him playing 50 percent of the snaps in 2007. He didn’t."
Even after getting screwed by Ralphy, he still said he'd stay if he has to. That's why we haven't won anything. We fans are swallowing Ralphy's karma. We won't win anything for as long as he's the owner.

historypete
01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I just hope we get a decent draft pick for him. If we get a 4th or 3rd I'll be happy, plus that will give us more ammunition to maybe move up in the draft.

I hope JP does well wherever he ends up, but the article is dead-on. He can't be here next year not only for distraction reasons, but we must try to get something for the guy. We did give up 4 draft picks total for him. I wish him well, but Edwards, Lynch and Evans are now the skill core players here, it is time to move JP and get these guys some help at WR and TE.

djjimkelly
01-07-2008, 02:04 AM
I'd have no problem paying JP if he produced. I remember people on this board were saying JP was going to get $10 million a year contract extension from the Bills this year. :crazy:

well that would have been crazy but im sure the benching has alot to do with contract year we do it to every 1st rounder since moulds

SquishDaFish
01-07-2008, 07:11 AM
I just hope we get a decent draft pick for him. If we get a 4th or 3rd I'll be happy, plus that will give us more ammunition to maybe move up in the draft.

I hope JP does well wherever he ends up, but the article is dead-on. He can't be here next year not only for distraction reasons, but we must try to get something for the guy. We did give up 4 draft picks total for him. I wish him well, but Edwards, Lynch and Evans are now the skill core players here, it is time to move JP and get these guys some help at WR and TE.

TE has not proven to be a SKILL guy yet. Or has he proven he deserves to be handed the starting job. Get over it

Dont drink the water
01-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Losman sounds a lot like Bledsoe.

Ickybaluky
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Not to ruin a perfectly good irrational rant, but...

The Bills spent the 4th most money in the NFL last year (http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007), in terms of actual money paid out.

It did cost Ralph some money last year, and he paid it.

Mr. Pink
01-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Let me change the title of the article if I may...

Even if JP was happy, he is not what the Bills need.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
TE has not proven to be a SKILL guy yet. Or has he proven he deserves to be handed the starting job. Get over it

Actually it has already been determined by his fans that he makes the team better . Defensively ,offensively and ST. That was very evident in the last 3 games. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 09:38 AM

The Bills spent the 4th most money in the NFL last year (http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007), in terms of actual money paid out.

Which makes sense. He had to recoup some of the money by benching JP.

historypete
01-07-2008, 11:11 AM

I don't understand what you're talking about. What am I supposed to "get over"? I hope JP does well elsewhere, but he needs to be traded. Edwards is one of the core players on this offense because he is going to be handed the starting job. All I said is move JP, get a pick for him and bring in more help at WR and TE. What is the problem?

G. Host
01-07-2008, 04:11 PM

Stop trying to confuse him with facts!

Mr. Pink
01-07-2008, 04:26 PM

While this is true, JP has also proven he doesn't deserve to have the starting job anymore.

Wys Guy
01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
I think a lot of people are missing the boat on this as well as on Levy's leaving.

Say what you will, but Levy's leaving, despite the spin, is not a good thing. He didn't leave having accomplished much of any real lasting value, and what little having him here had is tenuous at best. Most of the spin on "Levy's contributions" all involve his pretty much being around. Well, he's not going to "be around" next year.

He also stated that he more or less didn't get what he wanted and therefore did the minimum required, as any gracious person would do, then left.

This isn't a ringing endorsement of the team.

As to Losman, he was embraced by the fans and applauded for "buying a home in Buffalo" and living amongst the populace. Now you'd think he had leprosy.

Now he wants out.

What kind of a message do these things send to prospective front office or player candidates here!

Hint: It's not a good one.

And has anyone noticed that the only people being mentioned in Wilson's circus "GM role," whatever it is after it morphs yet again, are former Bills' guys and buddies of Jauron?

This is a first-class soap opera, nothing more.

Wys Guy
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
While this is true, JP has also proven he doesn't deserve to have the starting job anymore.

And Edwards has over JP?

Frankly I don't think either is ever going to do much in the NFL, but IMO Edwards is worse. When you lose your job to a worse player, well...

And let's be honest, Edwards started for absolutely no reason other than he was "their guy." He played exactly the same as he did in college. He lit up a team that sucked and played poorly against any decent team.

This should only be surprising to anyone that didn't do their due diligence on Edwards and actually believed the OBD mouthpieces.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
And Edwards has over JP?

No, but he's got poise. Poise should come in handy if he makes photo covers for magazines ala Brady.

acehole
01-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Those who think RW did not want that 5mill in his own pocket are nutz.