X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

F the Tampa 2!

The Tampa two sucks! Tampa just proved it.

I didn't seem to mind this defense but after further consideration...it sucks!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: F the Tampa 2!

Its time has passed. Chicago fell apart this year, too. The scheme itself means nothing, because any scheme can be countered. Its success depends on talent, like other defenses. But unlike other defenses, the Cover 2 relies on other factors, like forcing the other team to play from behind, and on red zone defense after allowing long drives. I just want a defense where players do what they do; meaning, big linemen who stuff the run and DBs who actually cover receivers.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

I want to adopt the Buffalo 11 scheme.
      It's where 11 guys play like animals and get off the field after 3 plays.
      In this scheme players are actually allowed to tackle the ball carrier and defend passes.
      this will be a whole new scheme for the Bills.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
        • Nov 2007

Tampa did have one of the best defenses in the league. NYG are just hot right now. Even the Baltimore Ravens of 2000 got gashed by the Jaguars.
        The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

This is the next superstar RB

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

I agree.

F the Tampa 2.

I'd rather have the Bills defense of old. With Fat Pat, Ted, and Sam in the middle.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

jesus guys.

tampa had 8 in the box nearly all game.

do you guys think the 3-4 plays just by itself, no need for players?

the new england 3-4 got smacked up by the giants worse than the tampa 2 did today.

did you like the way pitts get run all over by new england and yesterday by jax?

i'd rather have the great d we used to have, but i'd also rather have the great d that tampa used to have when they had sapp.

indy's d has been very good since the playoffs last year and has recovered from big injuries to be top 5 this season, winning games when the o was hurt.

at some point you guys are should really stop being reactionary knee jerkers and think before typing.

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

A 3-4 with the versatility to play 4-3 is the key. NE is running it right now and is undefeated(newsflash)

Comment

• Elminster
                #1 Kelsay Fan
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                A 3-4 with the versatility to play 4-3 is the key. NE is running it right now and is undefeated(newsflash)
                I would hardly paint their defense as the reason they're unbeaten. Their defense is merely above-average....
                Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Too late. Jauron is gonna go with continuity . He's gonna live or die with the Tampa 2.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Too late. Jauron is gonna go with continuity . He's gonna live or die with the Tampa 2.
                    To be determined.

I don't think for a second he's junking it but a bigger DT in the middle isn't against some sort of civil law. It's a freakin' football game and a slight adjustment of a scheme can happen, especially when the current roster cannot stop the run.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                      To be determined.

I don't think for a second he's junking it but a bigger DT in the middle isn't against some sort of civil law. It's a freakin' football game and a slight adjustment of a scheme can happen, especially when the current roster cannot stop the run.
                      He's not getting rid of Fewell is he? If anything they will tweak it if they do what you said but they won't be switching defenses.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• theanswer74
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                        The Ravens, Jets, and Dolphins run it also.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by colin
                          jesus guys.

tampa had 8 in the box nearly all game.

do you guys think the 3-4 plays just by itself, no need for players?

the new england 3-4 got smacked up by the giants worse than the tampa 2 did today.

did you like the way pitts get run all over by new england and yesterday by jax?

i'd rather have the great d we used to have, but i'd also rather have the great d that tampa used to have when they had sapp.

indy's d has been very good since the playoffs last year and has recovered from big injuries to be top 5 this season, winning games when the o was hurt.

at some point you guys are should really stop being reactionary knee jerkers and think before typing.
                          Ill take the defense that the Jags and Giants run. 4-3 with the beef in the middle and corners man on man.
                          To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

You mean every teams Defensive Tackles dont drop into pass coverage???

Comment

• theanswer74
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Owen DeBoard
                              Ill take the defense that the Jags and Giants run. 4-3 with the beef in the middle and corners man on man.
                              What sucks is that Dick Jauron runs that defense, but he wanted to copy the Bears this time, the beef wasnt working too well for him in Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                              X