X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

QB class 2004

Now almost 4 years passed, enough time to give us a verdict?

Eli Manning, OK QB. Philip Rivers, OK QB - I think he's a little better than Eli. Ben Roethlisberger, has shown flashes being a HOF one - no question the best out of the group. JP Losman, a dud - unfortunately to the Bills.

I know people are going to say this or that person is not being handled right, or walked right into an ideal situation. Yada yada yada. Let's face it, that kind of stuff is reality in NFL throughout its history. At the end of the day, the truely great ones pull themself up and shine through. Montana is a 3rd rounder; Brady was a 3rd stringer. Elway endured bust labels.

In their 4th year, 3 QBs in the 2004 class managed to take their team to the playoff, multiple time in fact, and all of them have won at least a playoff game. Meanwhile in Buffalo, Losman managed to lose the starting position to a rookie.

We got screwed. One out of four and we have to be the one picking the turd.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: QB class 2004

It's Mularkey's fault. I mean Jauron's. No...Wait...Steve Fairchild.

That's it....Fairchild.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Brady was a 5th or 6th rounder... Not 3rd.
      Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
      Elway endured bust labels.
      And went on to win 2 SB's. Good thing Denver was patient.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

Yeah! Fairchild!... no wait, JP is still really a rookie.. no wait.... its (add excuse here)
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Sad part is that Buffalo really wanted Rothlisberger bad and tried desparately to trade with Houston but Houston wanted a DB (I can't remember his name) and knew the Jets wanted him too and the Jets were picking one pick above Buffalo. As a result they would not make the trade. IMO, if the Bills drafted ahead of the Jets the Texans would of made the trade and Big Ben would of been in Buffalo instead of JP.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I'm not at all a Rivers fan. The guy has done more harm then good for the Chargers this year. Honestly I think the Chargers a good QB away from a Super Bowl. They should have never gotten rid of Brees.

Rothlisberger is the best in that class. There are still a lot of questions about Eli. The guy has a common tendancy to back pedal rather then step into the pocket when it begins to collapse.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Sorry to say but any of those QBs would of failed on this ****ty coached team PERIOD. Do I think the coaching is getting better yes but at that time anyone would of failed.

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

matt schaub was in that draft as well.

only one of the first 5 qbs isn't showing to be at the very least a very solid nfl starter.

we lost to the texans that year too. those td teams sure had some high priced high profile guys, but boy did we ever get beat by some crappy teams.

when we got donte whitner, we lost to like 4 of the teams picking ahead of us.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I hate to say it though, Ben would have been trounced behind that pourous line in Buffalo 2004.

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by draz54
                    Brady was a 5th or 6th rounder... Not 3rd.
                    And went on to win 2 SB's. Good thing Denver was patient.
                    You didn't read the post correctly. He said 3rd STRINGER! Not relating to his draft position.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• venis2k1
                      Youboty can hope
                      • Jul 2002

I Blame Troy Vincent.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

1. Eli Manning - he has developed very slow. One play he looks great and the next play he looks terrible. I think he is definitely one of the QBs that wins because of the team that he is on. He was so bad against the Bills and yet still won.

2. Phillip Rivers - he was able to sit for a few years and develop. Being in that situation has to be a good thing. There was no urgency in his starting to early. I wouldn't consider him one of the top QBs in the league right now, but he is a solid QB.

3. Ben Roethlisberger - I don't know why a lot of people here rip him, the guy is the best QB of the draft. I fully believe this is the guy that Donahoe wanted but just couldn't get it done. He also has a ring. It still is funny to me how people here rip this guy and try to put him in every scenario to try to put him down.

4. JP - I think we all know where he stands now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Can we add Matt Schaub? - 3rd round

I am just not a big fan of drafting the 4th ranked QB in the NFL draft. I know I took a lot of flack around here at the time because I would rather the Bills take a shot at Drew Henson, not based on the fact that I thought he was the best QB in the world, but he had potential and it would have only cost a third round pick, which turned out to be Kevin Everett I believe. However, the Bills took a different route and are now in almost the same spot. I guess the difference might be that they would have cut Henson and with this scenario they can trade Losman and at least get some kind of compensation, well if turning a 1st round draft pick into a 3rd round draft pick is compensation.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                          I am the Man!
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by don137
                          Sad part is that Buffalo really wanted Rothlisberger bad and tried desparately to trade with Houston but Houston wanted a DB (I can't remember his name) and knew the Jets wanted him too and the Jets were picking one pick above Buffalo. As a result they would not make the trade. IMO, if the Bills drafted ahead of the Jets the Texans would of made the trade and Big Ben would of been in Buffalo instead of JP.
                          I think it was Dunta Robinson

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

actully, our thrid round pick that year was Tim Anderson.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
                              actully, our thrid round pick that year was Tim Anderson.

In 2005? The trade for Henson was a '05 - 3rd rounder. I thought it was Everett. Tim Anderson helps even more.

Comment

Working...
                              X