PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci on Channel 7 news has a GM name to throw in the mix!

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Vic Carucci on Channel 7 news Local Buffalo, thinks the Bills are still gonna promote within, he thinks either Jim Overdorff or Ron Guy, but he also said names that he has definetly been hearing is Rick Mueller former Gm of New Orleans and Gabriel from the Bears, and he thinks the guy from the Bears would be a perfect fit,
didnt say much about what he thinks will happen just that he heard these names

also on the Bolls Total Access show on 11.00am on Sunday
John Murphy
Mark Kelso
Steve Tasker all said we need a Big playmaker at WR, and Kelso said TE is the biggest need
Levy said on his show he thinks the Bills nned to beef up in the middle on the Dline
i would not mind The guy form the Bears he is a DJ guy and is from WNY so u know he loves the Bills wich Vic made very clear he would luv to be here, i dont want a promote from within guy cause they have contributed nothing but medicracy here

Romes
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Gabriel is the only one with potential in my mind... all the others are lateral moves at best. Man, I am underwhelmed...

:sadwalk:

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 09:41 AM
i am surprised they havent made the move yet, that is why more and more i think it will be internal

venis2k1
01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_UIIt_EkiqfA/RyFx4gzwBgI/AAAAAAAADJw/JJrpEYGdyUI/s1600-h/ChrisBerma_Caulf_5450358_400.jpg

I think we should take a good hard look at Chris Berman for GM.

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Also Vic said he thinks at best a 6th or 7th round pick for JP or a conditional choice based on JP's performance is all we will get for him

Romes
01-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Also Vic said he thinks at best a 6th or 7th round pick for JP or a conditional choice based on JP's performance is all we will get for him

much more realistic than the Roy Williams talk.

Ickybaluky
01-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Levy said on his show he thinks the Bills nned to beef up in the middle on the Dline

After watching the replay of the Bills-Giants game on NFL Network I'd agree with this wholeheartedly. They got pushed around up front, it was embarrassing.

You guys should look into Tommy Kelly of the Raiders. Kelly is a big, athletic guy (6-6, 300#) who will be an UFA. He is a versatile guy who can play on run or passing downs, is tough to throw over inside because of his height and is only 27 years old.

Kelly turned down a long-term deal last offseason in order to hit UFA this year, but paid the price when he suffered an ACL injury in October. That will hurt his value and make easier to sign. However, he will help some team once he regains his form and will be a steal of the FA class for a team willing to let himself work his way back.

mchurchfie
01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
That pretty much would tell you what people think of JP around the league. What a waste of two number ones DonaBlow.:mad:

Philagape
01-07-2008, 10:04 AM
That pretty much would tell you what people think of JP around the league. What a waste of two number ones DonaBlow.:mad:

The word hate is overused in sports discussions, but I truly hate that man. At least as a GM.

Bert102176
01-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I would rather have Chris Polian the son of Bill Polian

TacklingDummy
01-07-2008, 10:07 AM
also on the Bolls Total Access show on 11.00am on Sunday
John Murphy
Mark Kelso
Steve Tasker all said we need a Big playmaker at WR

That doesn't say much for Evans.

Romes
01-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Thats cause Evans didn't do much.

TacklingDummy
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
What a waste of two number ones DonaBlow.:mad:

One number 1.

If I recall correctly we gave Dallas our #1 in 2005 for their #1 in 2004.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801ebc09&template=with-video&confirm=true

The offense has a chance to do some special things, with improving quarterback J.P. Losman, electric receiver Lee Evans, stud rookie running back Marshawn Lynch and a retooled offensive line. What about the defense? Coach Dick Jauron is a sound defensive coach, but it may take some time to build cohesiveness.

http://raidersacd.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=rantzone&action=display&thread=1153301963

Here is how I rank the 10 coaches who were part of one of the more dramatic offseasons of upheaval in recent memory in the order of their chances for immediate success (which means that a low ranking does not at all rule out the possibility of future success):

1. Herman Edwards, Kansas City: He took over a contender after Dick Vermeil's retirement. Edwards, former head coach of the New York Jets, should make the team better by going to more of a smash-mouth offensive approach that maximizes the production of Larry Johnson and by instilling an aggressive, swarming mentality that should help improve the defense. Edwards' motivational skills are on a par with those of Vermeil, his former coach in Philadelphia.

2. Scott Linehan, St. Louis: He was left a good, solid team after Mike Martz's departure. Linehan, a former offensive coordinator in Miami and Minnesota, should be able to add more of a ball-controlling dimension to the offense by giving Steven Jackson a larger rushing role and by having tight ends more involved in the passing game. Former Saints coach Jim Haslett, the Rams' new defensive coordinator, will do his part to allow the Rams to pose a serious challenge to Seattle in the NFC West.

WRONG!!!!!

He also predicted Nall would win the starting job over Holcomb and JP.

He's nothing more than a journalist who flipflops depending on where his prediction went.

Carruicci is no different than MB posters who gets paid to write.

Mahdi
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Evans is a very good WR... we just need his oppoiste,,, a Big physical receiver that can win jump balls in the endzone and move the chains.

mchurchfie
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
I hope he loses his talk show. Players run their mouths too much and get too opininated when they get a weekly microphone. He didn't endear anyone to him with his opinions on his show.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I hope he loses his talk show. Players run their mouths too much and get too opininated when they get a weekly microphone. He didn't endear anyone to him with his opinions on his show.

I say keep it. No need to hide the problems of this team just because it involves coaches. Otherwise you'll have posters with tons of so called sources.

Michael82
01-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Come on Ralph! Please hire Gabriel! Don't promote within. Within sucks ass for GM! :pray:

Michael82
01-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Vic is a fool then! With how desperate teams are for a QB in this league, a 26-year old QB with a rocket arm will definitely garner more than a ****ing 6th rounder. I'm betting that the Bills will get a 3rd rounder, or maybe a conditional pick in 2009 that can be upgraded to a 2nd or 1st, depending on how he does.

camelcowboy
01-07-2008, 11:16 AM
i am surprised they havent made the move yet, that is why more and more i think it will be internal I view it more optimistically. All the gentlemen in house could have been promoted days ago? What are they waiting for? Im hoping against hope they have someone from the one of the playoff teams in mind for the job. :idunno:

Oaf
01-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Gabriel seems intriguing.

We'll get more than that for JP if we decide not to keep him.

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I seem to disagree with Vic on his assessment of the JP situation, i wrote on here before how he hated JP, he always was his hardest critic and i think/hope this is the same situation, i think we can pull a 4th or maybe a 3rd out of the deal, as for GM, i am hopin the guy from the bears is the man with his ties to WNY (he grew up here) he would take a real pride in his job

Ron Guy is not the guy, if i am not mistaken he is a Donhoue hire, either way he has contributed to our mediocracy the last 8yrs, so get some fresh eyes in here

in my opnion we need to draft this way
assuming no trades, and even after we sign FAs this is how i would do it
rd1 WR
rd2 TE
rd3a LB
rd3b DT
rd4 C
Rd5a Cb
Rd5b WR
Rd6 DE
Rd7 Fb
Rd7b DT

mchurchfie
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I say keep it. No need to hide the problems of this team just because it involves coaches. Otherwise you'll have posters with tons of so called sources.
It seemed it was more of Evan's problems than the team's this year.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
It seemed it was more of Evan's problems than the team's this year.
He's the co captain with the show . Reed did the same thing to the press . Whitner, Royals... They all spoke publicly but they don't have a show.

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I hate to say it but Evans was a victim of the lack of playcalling, and the fact that half the year when JP was in there we stared at Evans the whole time and Defensive schemes new this and double and triple covered him, knowing that JP would not check down, when TE was in there they just double teamed him cause we didnt have the weapons to take pressure off of Evans

mchurchfie
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
He's the co captain with the show . Reed did the same thing to the press . Whitner, Royals... They all spoke publicly but they don't have a show.
I realize that but I think he overstepped the boundaries just a little bit. The previous years I used to like him better because he spoke less and produced more. He is a little too outspoken for my comfort anymore. I still think he is one of our best players but he needs to call the romance off with JP once and for all and start producing a little more.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
I hate to say it but Evans was a victim of the lack of playcalling, and the fact that half the year when JP was in there we stared at Evans the whole time and Defensive schemes new this and double and triple covered him, knowing that JP would not check down, when TE was in there they just double teamed him cause we didnt have the weapons to take pressure off of Evans
Everyone was a victim of playcalling. Even Trent. Lets not be selective based on which players we like.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I realize that but I think he overstepped the boundaries just a little bit. The previous years I used to like him better because he spoke less and produced more. He is a little too outspoken for my comfort anymore. I still think he is one of our best players but he needs to call the romance off with JP once and for all and start producing a little more.

He's the co captain. The players are getting crap from the press because they were put in a situation to fail. It's not like Fairchild is an offensive genius. I would've done the same to let people know that it wasn't my teammates but the coaches.

mchurchfie
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
He's the co captain. The players are getting crap from the press because they were put in a situation to fail. It's not like Fairchild is an offensive genius. I would've done the same to let people know that it wasn't my teammates but the coaches.
I agree, I was glad that he pointed the finger to the playcalling. It was absolutely a problem. But for them to say that they had the potential and players to be a bigplay offense but were being held up by the playcalling was stretching it a little. Also, I thought he took his pro-JP stance a little too far.

justasportsfan
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree, I was glad that he pointed the finger to the playcalling. It was absolutely a problem. But for them to say that they had the potential and players to be a bigplay offense but were being held up by the playcalling was stretching it a little. Also, I thought he took his pro-JP stance a little too far.

The press asked didn't they? He just spoke the truth.

They do have big play ability. They showed it several times the year before.

Even Trent showed he can throw deep. So what happened there? Is it Trents fault he couldn't do it as consistently as JP did in 06 or is it playcalling?

bigbub2352
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Everyone was a victim of playcalling. Even Trent. Lets not be selective based on which players we like.

umm what?
i was responding to someone else not being selective, read any post i have written, and i am the first to blame playcalling and poor coaching design and decisions on the FO and the HC the fact that everyone is sayin all this **** about offense and nothing about the defense is also scary, does anyone really like the schemes Fewell had, i mean if u look at it our d only really lost POZ, and Simpson, the rest of the bums were the same, Triplett, Ellision, Williams, Kelsay etc

TigerJ
01-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I'd like Gabriel, but I'm not writing the Bills off if the Bills do promote John Guy. I'll cut him some slack and give him a chance to prove he can make some smart moves.

G. Host
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Writing off someone because fans do not agree with choice is very common in Bills' fandom unfortunately.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-08-2008, 02:09 AM
I think that R.Wilson does not want to undo the harmony and good will that M.Levy built in the front office after taking over from T.Donahoe, so he is being very careful in going about replacing Levy.

If I were to speculate on what R.Wilson is doing and why it is taking so long for him to hire a replacement for Levy (in short, what I would do if I were in his shoes), I would say that, on Thursday and Friday (and perhaps over the weekend), he talked with the people in the front office--both those who are interested in taking over for Levy (Brandon and Guy) as well as those who are not (Modrak and Jauron) to get their take on how the responsibilities of Levy's job could best be divied up without creating conflicts, problems or overloading the person taking over Levy's job.

In these conversations, he probably would want to know how the others in the FO would react if he were to promote one of the internal candidates (would there be opposition, jealousy, or would the person not getting the job leave, etc.). And perhaps just as importantly, it is likely that he would want to go over who would be the replacement for the candidate that he promoted (and perhaps the person that he didn't promote as well) were he to replace Levy with one of the internal candidates: is a good replacement--in terms of someone who could take over the responsibilities that the person being promoted would be leaving behind or would not have time to devote to anymore--available within the organization and, if not, what would be required to find an adequate replacement?

In all likelihood, he would also want to find out how the people currently in the FO would react if he were to bring in someone from outside of the organization to take over Levy's duties. In these discussions, he would probably want to hear their ideas on how they feel the responsibilities should be divided up and what powers and responsibilities the new person should have within the organization.

If R.Wilson decides, after talking with his management people, that he should go outside of the organization to replace Levy (regardless of whether he gives promotions in terms of titles and additional money to those within the organization), he will have to come up with a job description, in terms of the powers, responsibilities, salary and lines of communication, etc., for the position that he is going to be offering before he begins interviewing "external" candidates.

And, he is going to have to do all of that before he even begins sending out feelers to discover who might actually be interested in taking the position and begins interviewing those candidates.

After what happened with T.Donahoe, I seriously doubt that R.Wilson will ever be willing to give anyone coming from outside of the organization the kind of complete power that he gave to Donahoe. That will eliminate a lot of conventional GM candidates--the guys like Parcells, Cowher, Accorsi, etc.--for whom that kind of power is an essential part of the draw of the job.

I think that R.Wilson likes the atmosphere that M.Levy created at OBD and the direction that the team is going in now and wants to preserve it as best as he can. If he can promote from within without "rocking the boat" and still insure that no one is going to be overloaded with work (and thus ignore some of his responsibilities) or make waves (by trying to undermine his choice or by leaving, etc.), he will promote someone from within.

If he is going to bring in someone from outside of the organization, I think he will be looking for someone who will be willing to fit into the organization as it has been set up without seeking more power over the people who are already there or alienating them. It may not be that easy to find someone who is qualified who can also do that.

As it stands, the Bills' GM job is going to be a little different from most of the GM jobs around the league and, because I don't think that R.Wilson wants to alienate the people that he already has working for him, I think R.Wilson is going to take his time to make sure that he gives the job to someone who will be satisfied with the limitations on the job and will not alienate the other key people that he has already has in place in the FO now that Levy has created a positive atmosphere there.

Not being privy to what people inside the organization are saying to R.Wilson, I haven't the faintest idea what he will ultimately decide to do. I just hope that, whatever he decides, the Bills, as an organization, will continue to have a positive atmosphere at OBD that will help to foster a winning attitude for the team.

If R.Wilson does decide to go outside of the organization, Greg Gabriel from the Bears does seem to be a good candidate to bring in and talk to about the job. Being from Buffalo originally and knowing the Bills, he would seem to be someone who might be able to fit in well. Whether or not he would want the job as it would be defined at this point--with its likely limitations--and could work with the people already in place at OBD is the question.

Only time will tell what R.Wilson is going to decide to do. It's an important decision to make and I'm glad that RW is taking his time making it. But, we're just going to have to be patient and wait to find out what he is going to decide to do.

bigbub2352
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Nice post LifetimeBillsfan, i agree with u, i think that the reason this is taking along time is the fact that RW might have his decision made and all promotions will come form within, i dont mind this so much on the Cordinater postion, but with the GM, i wouldnt mind someone else brought in with a fresh set of eyes and ideas, that takes the job on the prowess of what u were talkin about, but still by promoting form within on the gm spot in my opinion it is keepin mediocracy here, i would like someone else to have his say, Modrak, Guy, Overdorff anf Brandon have been here like 7-8yrs now and that is 7-8yrs of no playoffs, that is what scares me most

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Promoting from within will be cheaper for Ralphy. Going with high profile personel may cost more than what Dick is getting.

bigbub2352
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Promoting from within will be cheaper for Ralphy. Going with high profile personel may cost more than what Dick is getting.
I couldnt agree more that the moves that we make will be cheap cheap cheap and painless, bringin in say Cam Cameron to be OC would cost us like 3-4million a year, i think DJ only makes a million

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 05:22 PM
One number 1.

If I recall correctly we gave Dallas our #1 in 2005 for their #1 in 2004.

Yes, one was traded away, and one was used on JP. I believe that is what he means.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
The press asked didn't they? He just spoke the truth.

They do have big play ability. They showed it several times the year before.

Even Trent showed he can throw deep. So what happened there? Is it Trents fault he couldn't do it as consistently as JP did in 06 or is it playcalling?

JP couldn't do it as consistently as JP did in '06. It is a matter of having one receiving weapon that can be easily taken away.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
JP couldn't do it as consistently as JP did in '06. It is a matter of having one receiving weapon that can be easily taken away.

Coaching. People figured out Fairchild like they figured out Mangini .

Fairchild couldn't make the proper adjustments whether it was Trent or JP in as qb. Players complained with the playcalling whether it was JP or Trent.