• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

The Net Effect of Marv Leaving

Ok, In my estimation Marv's biggest impact was setting the 'moral compass' for the organization. He seemed very willing to delegate decision making authority to Overdorf, Modrak and Guy in their respective areas and I personally think it has been a success so far.

So, if the Bills were to name Guy or Overdorf GM, but kept the same split in duties what really changes? I don't think much of anything but titles and paychecks.

I think Overdorf is the guy because he controls the money. Frankly, I think that Cash to Cap was a one year ploy in case the revenue issues weren't addressed by the league. I think Ralph is more comfortable now, especially with the Toronto deal in place. I believe there will be more money in the budget and that putting Overdorf in control is a logiocal conclusion to this issue in Ralph's mind.

My best guess is Buffalo will try and maximize this years draft in number of picks (read: tradedown) and sign about two quality free agents (OLB and TE) and one big ticket guy (DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson). The DL hole they will try and fill throught the draft. I also firmly believe that the front office, Ralph and we, as fans, should have expectations of the playoffs at this point and no less.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Net Effect of Marv Leaving

Originally posted by Lawesome97
    My best guess is Buffalo will try and maximize this years draft in number of picks (read: tradedown) and sign about two quality free agents (OLB and TE) and one big ticket guy (DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson). The DL hole they will try and fill throught the draft. I also firmly believe that the front office, Ralph and we, as fans, should have expectations of the playoffs at this point and no less.

I don't think Dick has the luxury of trading down for project players who will take years before they mature in what could be his last year here. He should use those picks to either trade up for players in the draft that can start right away ( Dt isn't one of those positions) or use those picks for proven FA's. He has to be right about putting the final pieces to this puzzle or he's gone. MArv won't be around to save his ass if he has another mediocre season.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Marv Leaving/ Marv Levy.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

I think the fans are going to be less tolerant with Marv hitting the road. We all had faith that the organization was heading the right way when he was hired. But now that he's gone do we know that we can trust the next guy to take the helm?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

The average age of the front office personnel drops about 30 years.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎