Turk Schonert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Turk Schonert

Could it be that mediocrity will continue to reign at One Bills Drive? Well, according to a segment in this article...YES. It states that league sources (who knows whether to believe them!) has stated that Turk Schonert is going to be the next OC of the Bills. Big changes...just like Dickey said! [sarcasm]

Last edited by Nighthawk; 01-08-2008, 07:08 AM.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Turk Schonert

which article?
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Let's never promote a loyal guy from within when you can get a has-been like Mike Martz or Cam Cameron.

I don't know how one can assume that Turk Schonert will be a mediocre OC, when he's never been given the chance to prove himself.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        Could it be that mediocrity will continue to reign at One Bills Drive? Well, according to a segment in this article...YES. It states that league sources (who knows whether to believe them!) has stated that Turk Schonert is going to be the next OC of the Bills. Big changes...just like Dickey said! [sarcasm]

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...3?OpenDocument
        Sorry about that...forgot to include link to St. Louis paper. Oops...

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

There is a bit of the unknown with Schonert since he has never been a OC. He has a history as a drifter as far a being a QB coach. He has been with multiple teams the last 7-8 years (Bills twice, Giants, Saints, Panthers, etc.). He has done nothing but a QB coach. I wish he did more than just run the quarterbacks before he gets promoted to OC though.

On a side note he lived in my development a couple of streets away from mine a couple years ago here in Charlotte.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Let's never promote a loyal guy from within when you can get a has-been like Mike Martz or Cam Cameron.

I don't know how one can assume that Turk Schonert will be a mediocre OC, when he's never been given the chance to prove himself.
            Hey, let's promote from an organization that has been a loser for 10 years. Makes sense. Also, why would you promote any part of an offensive staff that just led the team to one of it's worst seasons in franchise history???? You need a fresh face in that position with different ideas...not somebody who is a "yes" man to Dickey. That's the worst thing that can happen to this team.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
              There is a bit of the unknown with Schonert since he has never been a OC. He has a history as a drifter as far a being a QB coach. He has been with multiple teams the last 7-8 years (Bills twice, Giants, Saints, Panthers, etc.). He has done nothing but a QB coach. I wish he did more than just run the quarterbacks before he gets promoted to OC though.

On a side note he lived in my development a couple of streets away from mine a couple years ago here in Charlotte.
              Exactly, let's not forget he was basically run out of town the first time in Buffalo.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

In Turk's defense, just because Jauron/Fairchild put him on the staff doesn't mean he has the same play calling philosophy or insufficiencies of SF. He has worked with more OCs and HCs than just Fairchild and Jauron and might just surprise.
                That said, I'd like to see them hire someone from an offense that has actually gotten the job done.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Hey, let's promote from an organization that has been a loser for 10 years. Makes sense. Also, why would you promote any part of an offensive staff that just led the team to one of it's worst seasons in franchise history???? You need a fresh face in that position with different ideas...not somebody who is a "yes" man to Dickey. That's the worst thing that can happen to this team.
                  Yeah, that damn Schonert has been the ruination of this franchise for ten years.

Actually, when you make personnel decisions, you need to evaluate each and every person on his merits. When you paint with the broad brush of "anybody associated with this team is a loser and a failure and unworthy of promotion," you do a great disservice to everyone.

I would despise working for any entity that overlooked my strengths and lumped me in with the failures of the organization, automatically disqualifying me from advancement.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Hey, let's promote from an organization that has been a loser for 10 years. Makes sense.
                    Game, set, match!!!

This is a point that no one on this board can argue.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Game, set, match!!!

This is a point that no one on this board can argue.
                      Again, I will cite the example of Bill Polian being promoted from a long time "loser organization."
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

The way to fix our O is by hiring a cheap or inexperienced OC.

Sorry, but people already have their homer glasses on. We finished 7-9 if you forgot already.

Our offense was one of the worst in the league.

Do you really think that Schonert or Olsen are going to make "significant" improvements??

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Again, I will cite the example of Bill Polian being promoted from a long time "loser organization."
                          Please explain?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: The way to fix our O is by hiring a cheap or inexperienced OC.

Sorry, but people already have their homer glasses on. We finished 7-9 if you forgot already.

Our offense was one of the worst in the league.

Do you really think that Schonert or Olsen are going to make "significant" improvements??
                            I merged the threads. It's the same crap said in a 100 different ways.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Please explain?
                              When Polian was hired (promoted) the Bills wer coming off back to back 2-14 seasons. He was a relatively unknown scout. Ralph did not listen to the fans and go and hire some big name to fill the role and promoted from within.

Had the Intraweb existed at that time he would have raked over the coals.

Finding a good big name to fill a role on a football time is not always successful. Tom Donahoe, Kevin Gilbride, Drew Bledsoe, etc shoudl have proven that to Bills fans already.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X