PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Interest for a Jacksonville Road Game for BZ?

WG
04-04-2003, 08:57 AM
We were kicking around the idea of doing one road game this year. I had already prematurely bought 60 tix to the Titans game that I'll need to grab a refund on now b/c it's only 10 days before Christmas and I know both funds and time will be tight for most.

However, I see some talk of the Jax game. My/our initial thoughts were that given that it's the week after the Home-Opener v. the Pats, which we'll be doing a BIG TG party for, that interest for going on the road to Jax the following week would be light. So I'm curious as to whether that would be true or not.

The other game we considered was K.C., but it's a SN game and would necessarily entail both a Monday off now as a result and flying out vice driving for most. So we dismissed that one.

So the question is, "is there enough interest in the Jax game to do that one?"

PLEASE answer honestly and strongly consider that the season/home opener is the week prior and we will be doing something BIG for that game too! Also consider that it'll likely be about a gazillion degrees and high humidity in Jax then too as summer isn't even over by then. As well, Jax ain't exactly known for it's status as a social/attraction mecca either.

D did some nice legwork already. Thanks D!!! ;)

Anyway, perhaps we can do it.

clumping platelets
04-04-2003, 09:35 AM
I'm interested, but work may be the problem. I will need to get back to you Wys

Đ
04-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Tania and I are going regardless of if it's a BFZ-sponsored event.
Bring on the heat & humdity! (he says while it's -15 C with 15 cm of snow on the way today outside) :D

Valerie
04-04-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm really interested, Wys. I have to look into flights and hotels etc, but if I can swing it, I'd really like to go.

I'm definitely going to the opener the week before, so that could make things tight, but we'll see.

RedEyE
04-04-2003, 10:27 AM
I'm there WYS - 100%. I already took the time off of work. Again, if anyone finds it cheaper to fly into Atlanta rather than JAX, I'm making the trip and have plenty of room. I'll even pick you up at the airport - I'm better then Enterprise - I do all the driving :biggrin:

clumping platelets
04-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Hmmmmmm.................could you arrange for Rudi Bakhtiar to be there? She works in ATL :tomato:

Sounds interesting?

RedEyE
04-04-2003, 10:47 AM
I'll as her the next time I see her.

No :angry:ing :hump: :spank:ing in my car!

Gunzlingr
04-04-2003, 11:05 AM
:lol: I would if I could. I would love to meet the Billszone guys and gals.

Valerie
04-04-2003, 11:09 AM
What's stopping you. Gunzlingr? Come on down. :)

clumping platelets
04-04-2003, 11:12 AM
your the next contestant on the Price is Right

:chuckle:

shelby
04-04-2003, 12:07 PM
i am definitely going.....put in for some time off of work today.The sos may be going as well....he has decided he is now a Bills fan.:rocker:

The trip to Atlanta/Jax will be easier for me than going up to Buffalo to see the season opener.
:up:

:drunks:

don137
04-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i am definitely going.....
The trip to Atlanta/Jax will be easier for me than going up to Buffalo to see the season opener.
:up:

:drunks:

Shelby, I think you need to look at a map. Jacksonville is only 200 miles from Tampa and 350 miles from Atlanta. Why would you fly to Atlanta and drive to Jacksonville instead driving from Tampa to Jacksonville :scratch:

I fall in the doubtful category. I would love to go but since the baby is due in August it may be too soon to go off to Jacksoncville. I won't entirely rule it out thogh since Charlotte is only 375 miles from Jacksonville.

Billz_fan
04-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Hmm, I am in Tampa (Clearwater) as well and right now I think I can make it. I still need to confirm some things work wise etc. before deciding.

don137, the only problem with driving 200 miles to J'ville from here is the traffic and traffic lights in Fl. 200 miles to J'ville is an easy 4 hour car ride when it's all said and done.

All you yankees don't forget the sun block :laughter: it's gonna be a scorcher out there :D

WG
04-04-2003, 01:15 PM
I'll fly to Elmira and let LOG drive me!

Thanks for all the other offers though...

:D

eyedog
04-04-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm going to the Sept. 21st Sunday night game in Miami. I booked flights and hotel this morning. Is anyone going to that game ?

badspanish
04-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Estaré volando en de Oaxaca.

eyedog
04-04-2003, 01:29 PM
What the hell does that mean. Are you going or not. English please.

shelby
04-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by don137

Shelby, I think you need to look at a map. Jacksonville is only 200 miles from Tampa and 350 miles from Atlanta. Why would you fly to Atlanta and drive to Jacksonville instead driving from Tampa to Jacksonville :scratch:

I fall in the doubtful category. I would love to go but since the baby is due in August it may be too soon to go off to Jacksoncville. I won't entirely rule it out thogh since Charlotte is only 375 miles from Jacksonville.

:lol: don...i may have to drive to Savannah, so it will be no big deal to shoot up to Atlanta from there. i like NASCAR, i like to drive fast;)
No flying involved.:snicker:

Good luck with the baby!:D

TedMock
04-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by badspanish
Estaré volando en de Oaxaca.

YOU PERVERT!!!

don137
04-04-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Billz_fan

don137, the only problem with driving 200 miles to J'ville from here is the traffic and traffic lights in Fl. 200 miles to J'ville is an easy 4 hour car ride when it's all said and done.

Shelby is a NASCAR fan. Who says she uses roads and obeys traffic lights? :redcar:

Ebenezer
04-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Regrettably, I will be in Jax...in November. For the second year in a row, I will not be going.

don137
04-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by shelby

:lol:

Good luck with the baby!:D
Thanks...We are excited. Another Bills fan. The world can never have enough!!!