PDA

View Full Version : Look who's back in town

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM
(WGR 550)- A trip to New Jersey hasn't stopped the injuries from piling up for Lindy Ruff, and the Sabres coach has looked to Rochester for further reinforcements, announcing a call-up during his weekly appearance on The Howard Simon Show.

Rugged winger Patrick Kaleta has been recalled from the farm for Tuesday's contest with the Devils, and Ruff said the Amerk will definitely be in the line-up. Kaleta has one goal, three assists and 100 penalty minutes to go with a minus-2 rating in 26 games for Rochester.

Derek Roy suffered a shoulder injury Saturday in Atlanta, and will not play Tuesday, joining Maxim Afinogenov (groin) and Daniel Paille amongst the walking wounded. Toni Lydman's status is also a question with illness. He'll be evaluated after the morning skate.

No time is ideal for injuries, but a six-game losing streak makes them especially taxing. Ruff's not down on his team, healthy or not.

"We’ve always been a team that’s been able to bring players and continue to play well and win games," he said. "This stretch is very similar to one we’ve had earlier in the year. We’ve got some frustrated players and it’s my job to try and keep them upbeat."

Buffalo's last loss was short-handed and especially lackluster. Ruff said he saw merit in the effort, but admitted some deep thoughts about his players.

"I’m concerned and I’m worried, but I’m still confident in this group of players," he said. "It’s really been a roller coaster ride. We had a stretch where we played really well and couldn’t win a game. We’ve had a stretch where we’ve played good enough to win games."
http://wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2964

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I say get Kaleta and Zagapran back up and sit Peters. He is a waste.

SabreEleven
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Devils = boring ****ing game

maybe injures is what this team needs because being healthy wasn't cutting it.

mchurchfie
01-08-2008, 01:02 PM
We may not win but it'll be fun to watch Kaleta pissing everyone off.:snicker: