PDA

View Full Version : Bills Needs (listed in order of importance)

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 03:00 PM
1)DT - Either a Run stuffer or a pass rusher. This can go either way in my opinion as we are horrible at both, but a difference maker at DT is needed

2)TE - You could argue that WR is just as big a need but Big possesion receivers are easily found. Look at Colston in New Orleans. We haven't had a difference maker at TE since Mckeller.

3)Possesion WR with size - Wilfork would be perfect and not that expensive IMO.

4)Corner - Greer Impressed me but Youboty has been a let down. They need at the very least someone to step into the nickel slot.

5)Center - Fowler gets blown off the ball with regularity but there is something to be said for keeping the line together. I would only replace him if we are able to clearly upgrade and not a change just for sake of change.

6)DE - I am aware this one won't happen because of all the money we have tied up currently

7)backup QB - With JP most likely gone we need someone with experience here as Edwards has a brittle history.

8)Right Guard - I didn't Hate Butler and liked his tough style of play but again if an upgrade is available make it.

I don't think it will be impossible to make these upgrades even with cash to the cap as only the first couple call for a game changer. If they are made IMO we will surely be a playoff calibur team. This is also contingent on getting an OC in here who isn't quite as conservative. I am not calling for Run and Shoot but better than the Run and Duck we ran last year.

Romes
01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
good post.

I agree with 1-3 but at #4 I'd put OLB. Ellison should be replaced, he is decent at best and I would rather keep digiorgio as a backup instead of slide him over.

then cb would drop to #5, center to #6 and so on.

EDS
01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Assuming we are leaving ownership, front-office and coaching to another thread:

1. Big run stuffing DT.
2. Playmaking WLB with speed.
3. Big wide-receiver with redzone proficiency.
4. Interior offensive linemen.
5. Pass-catching TE.
6. Competent reserve OTs.
7. CB depth.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
good post.

I agree with 1-3 but at #4 I'd put OLB. Ellison should be replaced, he is decent at best and I would rather keep digiorgio as a backup instead of slide him over.

then cb would drop to #5, center to #6 and so on.
I agree that he can be replaced but I think with Poz coming back it is possible that Digiorgio could take over there.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Assuming we are leaving ownership, front-office and coaching to another thread:

1. Big run stuffing DT.
2. Playmaking WLB with speed.
3. Big wide-receiver with redzone proficiency.
4. Interior offensive linemen.
5. Pass-catching TE.
6. Competent reserve OTs.
7. CB depth.
This would get the Job done as well.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
This would get the Job done as well.
Although I don't think OLB is as big a concern.

Jan Reimers
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it's 1) Big WR
2) Stud DT
3) Pass rushing DE
4) Pass catching TE
5) CB
6) Center
7) OLB

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
I think it's 1) Big WR
2) Stud DT
3) Pass rushing DE
4) Pass catching TE
5) CB
6) Center
7) OLB

I think we all agree on what needs upgraded just the position of importance that changes.

Jan Reimers
01-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I think WR and DT are equally important. The O will never get going without a big, rangy complement to Evans, and the D will never get better without a big run stuffer in the middle.

HHURRICANE
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM
1)DT - Either a Run stuffer or a pass rusher. This can go either way in my opinion as we are horrible at both, but a difference maker at DT is needed

2)TE - You could argue that WR is just as big a need but Big possesion receivers are easily found. Look at Colston in New Orleans. We haven't had a difference maker at TE since Mckeller.

3)Possesion WR with size - Wilfork would be perfect and not that expensive IMO.

4)Corner - Greer Impressed me but Youboty has been a let down. They need at the very least someone to step into the nickel slot.

5)Center - Fowler gets blown off the ball with regularity but there is something to be said for keeping the line together. I would only replace him if we are able to clearly upgrade and not a change just for sake of change.

6)DE - I am aware this one won't happen because of all the money we have tied up currently

7)backup QB - With JP most likely gone we need someone with experience here as Edwards has a brittle history.

8)Right Guard - I didn't Hate Butler and liked his tough style of play but again if an upgrade is available make it.

I don't think it will be impossible to make these upgrades even with cash to the cap as only the first couple call for a game changer. If they are made IMO we will surely be a playoff calibur team. This is also contingent on getting an OC in here who isn't quite as conservative. I am not calling for Run and Shoot but better than the Run and Duck we ran last year.

I'd put DE at #4!! Other than that I agree.

casdhf
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
GM has got to be up there, too!

EDS
01-08-2008, 04:58 PM

I think it is because the likelihood of the team acquiring an impact DE is small given the money currently tied up in the position and the team desperately needs someone in the front 7 to create havoc. Poz and Crowell I expect to be solid, but the team needs a true playmaker. Ellison and DiGorgio are not good enough.

patmoran2006
01-08-2008, 06:03 PM
1- An owner.

2- A GM

3- A head coach

4- An offensive coordinator.

Give me these 53 guys we currently have, the third most cap room in free agency, our draft picks, a coach who coaches to win and not just keep the game close, an owner who ****ing cares about winning most of all, and a competent GM and we're a playoff team TOMMOROW.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
GM has got to be up there, too!
I was just doing it player wise, but I do agree.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
1- An owner.

2- A GM

3- A head coach

4- An offensive coordinator.

Give me these 53 guys we currently have, the third most cap room in free agency, our draft picks, a coach who coaches to win and not just keep the game close, an owner who ****ing cares about winning most of all, and a competent GM and we're a playoff team TOMMOROW.
I was just doing it player wise Pat.

Hard Nose Football
01-08-2008, 08:53 PM
OLB is a huge concern.

The only thing we need more are DB's. TO beat NE, teams will need SIX good DB's. Most teams don't have 4, and the Bills only have 2 or 3.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
OLB is a huge concern.

Not more than the ones I listed IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
The only thing we need more are DB's. TO beat NE, teams will need SIX good DB's.
No team has 4 good CBs. Looks like NE will never lose.

jamze132
01-09-2008, 03:36 AM
We had more problems on offense than defense. I would say getting a very good TE and a very good #2 will hide some of the defensive weaknesses. I would say after that, get a fat bastard DT, CB, C, LB, backup QB.

Night Train
01-09-2008, 07:23 AM
No arguements here, except a backup QB if Losman is traded. The 3rd stringer now is a glorified Taco Bell shift manager.

BlackMetalNinja
01-09-2008, 07:53 AM
What the hell... Thurm is making quality posts in the BZ now??? You must really be trying to improve your spot in the Power Rankings! Good post Thurm, I definitely agree with at least the Top 4 anyways.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
We had more problems on offense than defense. I would say getting a very good TE and a very good #2 will hide some of the defensive weaknesses. I would say after that, get a fat bastard DT, CB, C, LB, backup QB.
Agreed sir! :hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
What the hell... Thurm is making quality posts in the BZ now??? You must really be trying to improve your spot in the Power Rankings! Good post Thurm, I definitely agree with at least the Top 4 anyways.
The BZ was my bread and butter before over negativity drove me away long ago. I am back.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 09:12 AM
The BZ was my bread and butter before over negativity drove me away long ago. I am back.

I hate negative posters.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 09:21 AM
me too!

Oaf
01-09-2008, 03:29 PM

Trade JP for Todd Collins.
:ontome:

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Trade JP for Todd Collins.
:ontome:
I say if we need to trade JP get as high a draft pick as possible and get a quality Veteran who accepts a 2nd string roll and is willing to mentor Edwards.