Forked Thread: The Official - Is DR going to take the fall at the end of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: The Official - Is DR going to take the fall at the end of the year?

Forked from: The Official "Its Time To Panic Thread"

Originally posted by Mikey82
    no they won't. If the Sabres don't make the playoffs, the ticket sales will plummet next year IMO. There's no way we sell out of season tickets next season if they miss the playoffs IMO.
    and the fish rots from the head on down...but remember DR signed a one year deal while Ruff got a three year deal...i wonder if this was part of the plan...DR takes the fall at the end of the year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: The Official - Is DR going to take the fall at the end of the year?

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    Forked from: The Official "Its Time To Panic Thread"

and the fish rots from the head on down...but remember DR signed a one year deal while Ruff got a three year deal...i wonder if this was part of the plan...DR takes the fall at the end of the year.
    Or, he signed a 1 year deal because he knew what was brewing.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: The Official - Is DR going to take the fall at the end of the year?

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      then why not just walk away?? he probably had more value on the open market than he will after this year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

Ummm Darcy is signed for 2 years

Ruff, the Sabres' winningest coach, signed a three-year deal that includes an option for a fourth year, while Regier signed a two-year deal.

Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff and general manager Darcy Regier signed new contracts Thursday.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          then why not just walk away?? he probably had more value on the open market than he will after this year.
          Very good point. I really don't have an answer.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Ummm Darcy is signed for 2 years

Ruff, the Sabres' winningest coach, signed a three-year deal that includes an option for a fourth year, while Regier signed a two-year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2904047
            Didn't know...went by what Eb said...my bad.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Re: Forked Thread: The Official - Is DR going to take the fall at the end of the year

Didn't know...went by what Eb said...my bad.
              You'd think you'd learn by now

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: The Official - Is DR going to take the fall at the end of the year

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                You'd think you'd learn by now
                I know...I know.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

my bad...thought he only got a one year extention

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Doubt it.

They are trying to built the team so that it is competitive for years to come.

I don't think anyone can really say anything till the season is over. We never won anything Drury or Briere so I'd say we're in the same boat right now.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                    X