Coach Sal
01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
The exiting continues.

The arrivals yet to start.

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
The exiting continues.

Isn't there a coach on staff already who is supposed to take over for McNally? I thought he was tutoring he successor.

Nighthawk
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
The exiting continues.

Hmmm, are there bigger changes coming that nobody knows about? If this is true...maybe so. I hope so...

Ebenezer
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
More exists depend on who the next GM is...the longer it goes on the more I say it will all be hiring from within.

streetkings01
Now maybe we can scrap that damn zone blocking scheme!!!!

Coach Sal
Hmmm, are there bigger changes coming that nobody knows about? If this is true...maybe so. I hope so...

Yes.

Sean Kugler:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coach.jsp?coach_id=34

Devin
Thank god.

patmoran2006
01-08-2008, 05:49 PM
More exists depend on who the next GM is...the longer it goes on the more I say it will all be hiring from within.
Except for some lower level assistants perhaps, there aint nobody from the outside coming in anytime soon.

Jauron deserved or not is getting an increase a huge one in power and decision making.

shelby
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
link to McNally story (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5789)

Nighthawk
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes.

Sean Kugler:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coach.jsp?coach_id=34

Not really the "bigger changes" I was hoping for. Oh well.

Nighthawk
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Except for some lower level assistants perhaps, there aint nobody from the outside coming in anytime soon.

Jauron deserved or not is getting an increase a huge one in power and decision making.

And this is exactly the reason that I think this organization is a joke. Jauron has done nothing to earn more respect, power or any kind of pass. However, many people keep giving it to a guy who I believe has one winning season??? I just don't get it...I thought this sport was about winning?

circlethewagons
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
wow, i didnt see that one coming

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
So, I was right and the scheme won't change in all probability.

circlethewagons
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Part of the reason McNally chose to step aside after a 28-year NFL coaching career is his own physical health. McNally took a big shot on the sidelines during a Patriots punt return back in week three at New England when John Wendlinghttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5789#) was carried out of bounds by a Patriots player and both collided with McNally on the sidelines.
McNally suffered three broken ribs, a broken bone in his back and had his right knee blown out, but pressed on through the rest of the season.
"I'm going to have to get my knee replaced," said McNally. "I still have my enthusiasm for the game, but I've got to get my body right."

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
McNally suffered three broken ribs, a broken bone in his back and had his right knee blown out

Ouch.

Oaf
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Although we've been rebuilding for 8 years, we sure are stuck in neutral it seems.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Bring in Houck

Oaf
01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
How exactly did we not hear about his grotesque injury earlier?

Voltron
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Bring in Houck
I agree 1000%!!!!

Ebenezer
01-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Thank god.
just remember he took an undrafted TE and made him into a Pro-Bowl starting LT. Give the guy some credit.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Seriously....I never did hear about that.

Originally Posted by circlethewagons
McNally suffered three broken ribs, a broken bone in his back and had his right knee blown out

Jeebus!

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Seriously....I never did hear about that.

Jeebus!

I know!

I guess this assistant coach was probably doing a lot more coaching during his injury. Maybe that is why the line has played better?

Good luck in your retirement Jim!

circlethewagons
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM

The most amazing thing is the article said it happened in week 3... how the heck was he able to coach through all that??

Kerr
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Bring in Houck

Best OL coach available....

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Best OL coach available....
He's as proven as Mouse. Just like the bills when TD was here the fins' OL were pretty much ignored having defensive coaches like Wanny and Saban.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Houck

Kerr
01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
He's as proven as Mouse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HUson_houck

Yep, he even helped the fins develop a decent ground game.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Come to think of it, may not happen. Might command a salary bigger than Dicks. Unless he's willing to take a discount to stick it to Tuna for firing him.

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Didn't you read the thread? McNally's successor is already on the staff and McNally trained him.

YardRat
01-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Congrats to Mouse for a great career. He may not be leaving Buffalo on the highest of notes, but not every o-line coach has a Jason Peters on his resume'.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Congrats to Mouse for a great career. He may not be leaving Buffalo on the highest of notes, but not every o-line coach has a Jason Peters on his resume'.
MUNOZ :up:

Nighthawk
01-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Did you read Chris Brown's comments from McNally? He gives a zinger to the Bills organization on the way out...saying it would take a true contender (like the Pats or Colts) to get him out of retirement. Nice...I now kind of like the guy.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

G. Host
01-08-2008, 07:33 PM
The most amazing thing is the article said it happened in week 3... how the heck was he able to coach through all that??

Same way as players - binding, team doctor and drugs.
I suspect he asked team doctor not to say anything.

HAMMER
01-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I never heard anything about this, that sucks.

jdbillsfan
01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I do think its interesting that Kugler worked mostly with the tackles and McNally the C and Guards. The tackles played really well this year. Maybe he isn't all bad...

Coach Sal
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Some of you must not understand that the O-Line coach has no say in what scheme is run.

The Offensive coordinator determines that.

The position coaches just teach it to their guys.

Devin
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I do. I give him credit for that 1 move.

Philagape
01-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Some of you must not understand that the O-Line coach has no say in what scheme is run.

The Offensive coordinator determines that.

The position coaches just teach it to their guys.

I was wondering about that. Makes me hate Fairchild even more.

Romes
01-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Unlike my opinion on Schonert and Guy, I have no problem with promoting Kugler.

He coached the tackles this year and both Peter's and Walker did very well. From the bb.com article he played a large part in scheming blitz pickups, we know those were good from the number of sacks allowed this year. Peters gave Kugler a lot of credit when he was named to the Pro Bowl. He had good reviews overall from when he left Boise St to join the Bills.

Overall, this is an in-house promotion I am ok with.

jamze132
01-09-2008, 03:26 AM
And this is exactly the reason that I think this organization is a joke. Jauron has done nothing to earn more respect, power or any kind of pass. However, many people keep giving it to a guy who I believe has one winning season??? I just don't get it...I thought this sport was about winning?
People said the same thing about Belichick. Then he went to NE, got more control over personnel and look what happened. Now I'm not sitting here saying that Jauron is the next Belichick, but give the guy a chance without having his hands tied from making certain decisions.

I would think that the HC would be the most knowledgable person on the team knowing who can and can't play.

I am all for giving Dick more power to see what happens.

Jan Reimers
01-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Promote Kugler. He's done a good job here, learned under Mouse, and is familiar with our personnel. It's a no brainer, even for the ferret-philosophy posters who want to bring everything shiny to the Bills' nest.

colin
01-09-2008, 08:27 AM
the point above was right -- guy turned an undrafted TE into a tough, kick ass, pro bowl left tackle.

IMO we have the best big man on this team since pat williams, and possibly the best lineman on his side of the ball in bills history (kent hull obviously being the guy right now).

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Promote Kugler. He's done a good job here, learned under Mouse, and is familiar with our personnel. It's a no brainer, even for the ferret-philosophy posters who want to bring everything shiny to the Bills' nest.

Kugler's resume speaks for itself. He would be a good in house promotion.

Some of us can be objective.

madness
01-09-2008, 09:16 AM

Kugler is one heck of a coach too. His line at Boise St. was one of the most dominate lines in college and help them to be one the top rushing attacks in the country. Expect to see improvement in run-blocking next year.

McNally's development of Peters goes without saying. When Peters found out about the PB selection he ran straight to McNally's office and both them were a chick flick away of breaking down in tears.

Voltron
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Kugler may very well be a great coach but Houck is one of the best OL coaches ever to coach in this league. I am a huge McNally fan but still think that Houck would be an upgrade. I have to say I don't see him coming to Buffalo because so many other teams will offer him cash!

Oaf
01-09-2008, 03:19 PM
At least he went out with a bang; with Peters in the PB and the line halving it's sack total from last year (isn't it also a record for us?) Rarely penalized too.

colin
01-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Kugler's resume speaks for itself. He would be a good in house promotion.

Some of us can be objective.

speak for yourself.

FIRE ALL TEH COACHEZ AND PUTZ IN JP AND THROW DEEP EVERY PLAY!!!!

11TH RATED PASSER, WE'LL NEVER KNOW IF WILL BE GOOD, EVERYONE ELSE IS AT FUALTZ!X!!

CUT LANGSTON WALKER AND AARON ASD;LKFJBEL, DRAFT A WHITE FULLBACK AT NUMBER 11!!!

Bert102176
01-09-2008, 03:51 PM
thankfully and it's about time he's gone

Wys Guy
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
The exiting continues.

It's all just one big metaphor now.