Last Night's BCS Game (sorta Bills related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Last Night's BCS Game (sorta Bills related)

I haven't watched nearly the college ball I have in recent years. I did watch the Championship game last night with my eyes on a few specific players.

I can't even remember how to spell his name, but the all-american LB from Ohio State (#33) didn't impress me much at all. He got schooled in coverage. Isn't he projected to be a high pick? Based on last night, I don't like him.

That DIckson kid from LSU (Tight end) sure looks like the kind of tight end we can use. Any of you college guys know more about him and where he's projected?

And the Malcomb Kelly CB from Ohio State is the real deal. I dont need to be an expert to conclude he's a top 10 pick. He's probably gone before Buffalo drafts, not that I'd advocate a CB that early for Buffalo in the draft, just like I was against last year with Reevis.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Last Night's BCS Game (sorta Bills related)

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I haven't watched nearly the college ball I have in recent years. I did watch the Championship game last night with my eyes on a few specific players.

I can't even remember how to spell his name, but the all-american LB from Ohio State (#33) didn't impress me much at all. He got schooled in coverage. Isn't he projected to be a high pick? Based on last night, I don't like him.

That DIckson kid from LSU (Tight end) sure looks like the kind of tight end we can use. Any of you college guys know more about him and where he's projected?

And the Malcomb Kelly CB from Ohio State is the real deal. I dont need to be an expert to conclude he's a top 10 pick. He's probably gone before Buffalo drafts, not that I'd advocate a CB that early for Buffalo in the draft, just like I was against last year with Reevis.
    Dickinson is a sophmore. Hes not coming out.

Malcolm Jenkin's INT came on a busted route from a freshman WR, he didnt do anything special and was burned by LSU WR's all night. The kid ran in when he should have ran out and the ball was already out Flynn's hand. All he had to do was catch it, and even that he about screwed up almost fumbling away the catch.

In fact it was Jenkins more then once that got bowled over by LSU RB's for 3rd down conversions. No thanks, why that guy was ever thought to be a 1st round pick is beyond me.

If anything id say every player on the defensive side of the ball for osu just dropped significantly. Hester made everyone of those guys his ***** all night.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• eyedog
      • Jul 2002

Malcom Kelly playing d-back ???

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

meant Jenkins.

Well, OSU is one of the few teams I watch a lot (considering I dont like them I dont know why) but that CB is going to be a high draft pick, bad game last night or not.

As for the LB #33, he seemed lost as hell. Now isn't he considered a high draft pick prospect? I havent even LOOKED at a single mock draft yet.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

33 Laurinaitis, James LB
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Yes as far as a grade goes ive heard he grades out just below where Hawk did a few years ago.

Comment

• acattack15
              • Jan 2007

Howd Highsmith do th LB on LSU????
              With the 12th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select: Marshawn Lynch RB California
              -The future Pro Bowl RB of the NFL-

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Highsmith was pretty solid, I believe it was his big knock on Boeckmen that caused the fumble LSU used to take the lead. All those LSU defenders were wreaking havoc all night.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  33 Laurinaitis, James LB
                  I have three words for Laurinitis:

Andy Katzenmoyer
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                    I have three words for Laurinitis:

Andy Katzenmoyer
                    Where is the third word?

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                      Highsmith was pretty solid, I believe it was his big knock on Boeckmen that caused the fumble LSU used to take the lead. All those LSU defenders were wreaking havoc all night.
                      I thought that Highsmith's only big play was the hit on Boekman. He was average most of the night. It appeared that Laurinaitis looked average because the OSU DT's were getting blown up. At least he was in on a lot of tackes and attacked the gaps rather then pulling a Fletcher and tackling down field. He didn't drop more than a few picks in my book. He will build the hype back up at the combine.

As far as Malcom Kelly (hehe)...Malcomb jenkins sucked and hurt his draft status bad in that game. He had an easy INT and got toasted on that endzone corner route that the sophmore from LSU scored on in the first half. He didn't show me anything impressive in that game at all. He's no Winfield in run support!

Highsmith was OK. Don't see him moving himself out of the mid to upper second round. Dorsey is a FORCE!

The TE Dickson from LSU had a nice game but he's no standout. He was in the right place in the right time on some well called plays. Tell him he had a nice game and wish him luck with his future career in Interdisciplinary Studies.
                      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jpdex12
                        I thought that Highsmith's only big play was the hit on Boekman. He was average most of the night. It appeared that Laurinaitis looked average because the OSU DT's were getting blown up. At least he was in on a lot of tackes and attacked the gaps rather then pulling a Fletcher and tackling down field. He didn't drop more than a few picks in my book. He will build the hype back up at the combine.
                        Disagree. Mainly because I think thats exactly what he did. Hester ran right at him all night and won every time. He was in on a lot of tackles, however pulling a fletcher is exactly what he did. He was able to stop Hester every time after the first down.

As far as Malcom Kelly (hehe)...Malcomb jenkins sucked and hurt his draft status bad in that game. He had an easy INT and got toasted on that endzone corner route that the sophmore from LSU scored on in the first half. He didn't show me anything impressive in that game at all. He's no Winfield in run support!
                        Agreed 100%. Course I never much thought he was 1st round talent to begin with. Jenkins stock is going to drop heavily.

Highsmith was OK. Don't see him moving himself out of the mid to upper second round. Dorsey is a FORCE!

The TE Dickson from LSU had a nice game but he's no standout. He was in the right place in the right time on some well called plays. Tell him he had a nice game and wish him luck with his future career in Interdisciplinary Studies.
                        Dickinson is only a sophmore. And call me silly but id think being in the right place at the right time would be part of his job. Hes no all american but give him two more years.

Dorsey just proved what everyone knew all along. Absolute STUD DT.

Id agree Highsmith is a 2nd rounder. But he was a big reason such pressure was kept on Boeckmen all night. Course hes done that all year long.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

So Devin, you seem to be knocking all the defensive Buckeyes(with good reason) but what do you think of Beanie Wells??

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Wells had a rough game. Apart his big run, after the first quarter didnt he average something like 2 ypc? At any rate that said Wells was the best player on the field for OSU and Miles said all week thats who they had to gameplan for.

Wells has everything you look for in a RB. Great intangibles for the next level.

Hopefully ill get to see him play more next season but certainly hes a very talented young RB. He and moreno for Georgia are gonna be fun to watch next season.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                              Wells had a rough game. Apart his big run, after the first quarter didnt he average something like 2 ypc? At any rate that said Wells was the best player on the field for OSU and Miles said all week thats who they had to gameplan for.

Wells has everything you look for in a RB. Great intangibles for the next level.

Hopefully ill get to see him play more next season but certainly hes a very talented young RB. He and moreno for Georgia are gonna be fun to watch next season.
                              Actually he averaged 4.2 per carry taking out his 65 yard run. He definitely has the skill set to be a good NFL back.

Comment

Working...
                              X