PDA

View Full Version : I'm Telling You Straight Up

patmoran2006
01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Say what you will, but you can pretty much take this to the bank.

By the end of the this week, possibly even by Friday-- Guy is going to be promoted to "VP of Player Personnel", Overdorf and Brandon will maintain their titles and positions they have. We will NOT have an actual "GM". (There are 2 or 3 other teams in the NFL like that, including New England)

Jauron will be given more authority and it sounds like Turk has ALREADY been touted as the next O.C.

So the only thing that changes will end up being Guy's "title".

For those of you (including me) that hoped we'd make some strong outside moves to move into our front office, it aint happening.

Book it (and no link either-not needed)

HHURRICANE
01-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I 100% agree. This is the same cheap **** crap that we have suffered through since the 60's.

Ralph is still counting his money at 89.

Nighthawk
01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
If this does happen, somebody please tell me what the hell Guy has done to deserve the position? I know it isn't his FA signings because most have been horrible. If not that, what is it?

elltrain22
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh yeah, your probably right, and that totally friggen sucks.

Goobylal
01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I'll wait for it to happen first. Just like I waited for Langston Walker to disprove that it was a mistake to sign him.

T-Long
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I think if we were so sure to stay in house, then it would have happened already

....I hope

realdealryan
01-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Who cares if we don't bring any new blood into upper level coaching and management?

If we didn't lose 37 players to injury last year, we might have been a 9-7 team!. :rolleyes:

PS. That's all Ralph needs to keep the stadium filled. Let's hope DJ has some skillz.

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I could see it happening, but I wouldn't like it.

I think it will be something else though.

raphael120
01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Effin pathetic...

I could care less about the GM thing because I didnt expect anything less, but the OC position is just regoddamn diculous. I have a hard time believing that this guy had nothing to do with the back to back craptastic offense we've had the past two seasons. There are PLENTY of nice OC candidates out there, and it's just the fact that again, we're going cheap for the positions that really matter.

And for those of you that think this is great because as a matter of continuity...CONTINUITY of what!??! Absolutely horrid production on offense!? Honestly there is NOTHING on this team that I want to make a move laterally at. We need to move up, and promoting the same bums we've been dragging along, and promoting them (with no merit whatsoever, i could understand if one guy did a great job and deserved a raise).

If this team does not draft the right way and act in free agency with all the draft picks and ALL the money we have under the cap, I'm going to find someother team to root for because this is just becoming wayyyy to predictable.

You have your damn, now ex, line coach telling you "Yeah, I'd like to coach again, btu if I did i'd do it for a real contending team, like the Pats or Colts."

Pretty much saying, yeah if I wanted to coach again I wouldn't waste my time with this piece of crap team, but I'd want to work for a team that actually can win.

Nice to hear from people within the organization knowing what the Bills organization is all about. Commitment to crap.

jpdex12
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Who knows who the hell we are bringing in and who does what around OBD.

We have no idea how much influence Ralph injects into any decision. We dno't know how much say Levy had with certain issues or what his responsibilities really were. We have no idea how much Guy, Overdorf, Modrak were responsible for. The hierarchy of OBD is a bit gray if you ask me.

We will never clearly know either. All we can do is stay positive and hope for the best. I am going to draw positives from whatever direction we take and not get pissed off with knee jerk reactions to things that we have no idea how they will turn out. Like another poster mentioned, saving judgement for the Langston Walker pick up until the season is over.

Honestly, it would be nice to think about someone who has had success in the past being brought in but the bad thing is that it would set us back initially. We don't need to take anymore steps backward. I am drawing the positive from hiring from within and keeping what stability we have in tact. If we bring a foreign face into the offensive coordinator position then you already have disappointed Lee Evans and Trent Edwards who have publicly voiced their preference to hire Schonert. You can imagine how the rest of the team feels if these two feel this way.

Schonert got a good look at what didn't work this year. He seems to be liked and trusted by the players and when you have this type of bond between the coaches and players you can only expect good to come from it. Yes DJ has let us down a few times this past year with certain calls but he did a pretty good job with what he had to work with and I wish we could have seen what he would have done with more (more talent, more healthy players, more experience).

If nothing else Billieve in the way that our players and coaches are caring and fighting for our team to be structured a certain way with certain people. I think that DJ and Ralph are deciding who will handle what responsibilities within OBD and if they need to add any other people to help out with responsibilties. If anything I would like to see the Buffalo native Gabriel brought in to have some kind of role in the scouting and player personnel department.

We will be OK boys! Just have faith, the ball has to bounce our way sooner or later.

jpdex12
01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Too add one thing, we have seen what one person (GM) can do with poor decisions...Donahoe. Maybe it is wise to have a group of people making GM decisions that way the final say is well thought out.

raphael120
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Who knows who the hell we are bringing in and who does what around OBD.

We have no idea how much influence Ralph injects into any decision. We dno't know how much say Levy had with certain issues or what his responsibilities really were. We have no idea how much Guy, Overdorf, Modrak were responsible for. The hierarchy of OBD is a bit gray if you ask me.

We will never clearly know either. All we can do is stay positive and hope for the best. I am going to draw positives from whatever direction we take and not get pissed off with knee jerk reactions to things that we have no idea how they will turn out. Like another poster mentioned, saving judgement for the Langston Walker pick up until the season is over.

Honestly, it would be nice to think about someone who has had success in the past being brought in but the bad thing is that it would set us back initially. We don't need to take anymore steps backward. I am drawing the positive from hiring from within and keeping what stability we have in tact. If we bring a foreign face into the offensive coordinator position then you already have disappointed Lee Evans and Trent Edwards who have publicly voiced their preference to hire Schonert. You can imagine how the rest of the team feels if these two feel this way.

Schonert got a good look at what didn't work this year. He seems to be liked and trusted by the players and when you have this type of bond between the coaches and players you can only expect good to come from it. Yes DJ has let us down a few times this past year with certain calls but he did a pretty good job with what he had to work with and I wish we could have seen what he would have done with more (more talent, more healthy players, more experience).

If nothing else Billieve in the way that our players and coaches are caring and fighting for our team to be structured a certain way with certain people. I think that DJ and Ralph are deciding who will handle what responsibilities within OBD and if they need to add any other people to help out with responsibilties. If anything I would like to see the Buffalo native Gabriel brought in to have some kind of role in the scouting and player personnel department.

We will be OK boys! Just have faith, the ball has to bounce our way sooner or later.

Wake me up when anything changes at ODB. Until then, I'm not going to expect anything more than 7-9. Or as I like to say, just below average.

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm Telling You Straight Up

Awesome! Pure genius!

jpdex12
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Wake me up when anything changes at ODB. Until then, I'm not going to expect anything more than 7-9. Or as I like to say, just below average.

Wake up! Ralph just farted and it didn't stink! Per Vtext

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Awesome! Pure genius!

Straight up! Is Paula Abdul doing a comeback tour?!

Dr. Lecter
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Is this anything like all of your other guarentees?

ParanoidAndroid
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Straight up! Is Paula Abdul doing a comeback tour?!

:roflmao:

JD
01-08-2008, 09:35 PM
woooooo go bills

Oaf
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
No offense meant but, haven't you stated this same thing like thrice now Pat?

HAMMER
01-09-2008, 12:19 AM
No offense meant but, haven't you stated this same thing like thrice now Pat?

He likes to restate tidbits he finds online and shout from the mountain tops to make it appear he is in the "know". You'll get used to it.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 08:42 AM
I might give the Bills a pass on GM but not OC.

As raphael just pointed out why would we need conituity when we had the worst offense in the league?

madness
01-09-2008, 09:10 AM
From Pat's sources (articles on the web) the players believe Turk will be a better OC then Fairchild anyway. Evans even said Turk questioned a lot of Fairchild's calls and liked Turk's approach on the situation.

To think Turk will fail just because he's in the Bills organization is completely absurd and just shows your true colors.

TedMock
01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I might give the Bills a pass on GM but not OC.

As raphael just pointed out why would we need conituity when we had the worst offense in the league?

I'm just the opposite. I'm willing to take the chance on OC first, but the GM thing scares me a bit. Not that I'll be initially thrilled with the idea, but an unknown OC is better than a known previous failure.

I don't think our playbook sucked. I think our play calling sucked. There are only so many plays that a team can possibly run. Every team runs pretty much the same base plays. Formations may change, terminology may change, but the play is basically the same. On top of that, we'll have identical plays run to both sides and the same play run from several formations. Of course, and OC has to know when and where to be creative, and create matchup problems. That's where we failed. We need Schonert's philosophy (if he's the new OC) to be different. It may very well be. I'm not completely confident that it is either.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Say what you will, but you can pretty much take this to the bank.

By the end of the this week, possibly even by Friday-- Guy is going to be promoted to "VP of Player Personnel", Overdorf and Brandon will maintain their titles and positions they have. We will NOT have an actual "GM". (There are 2 or 3 other teams in the NFL like that, including New England)

Jauron will be given more authority and it sounds like Turk has ALREADY been touted as the next O.C.

So the only thing that changes will end up being Guy's "title".

For those of you (including me) that hoped we'd make some strong outside moves to move into our front office, it aint happening.

Book it (and no link either-not needed)
So? I'd be okay with that.

colin
01-09-2008, 01:30 PM
as long as we get:

front 7 playmaker and at least a guy to compete at OLB
a new cb
**big WR threat
a new TE/other WR

then this this is a solid offseason.

Oaf
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
He likes to restate tidbits he finds online and shout from the mountain tops to make it appear he is in the "know". You'll get used to it.
:lol:

:spam:

Wys Guy
01-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I 100% agree. This is the same cheap **** crap that we have suffered through since the 60's.

Ralph is still counting his money at 89.

He ought to be counting the days he has left. He has plenty of money.

HAMMER
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
He ought to be counting the days he has left. He has plenty of money.

What a horrible, morbid thing to say, but I guess I should consider the source.

Jan Reimers
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
as long as we get:

front 7 playmaker and at least a guy to compete at OLB
a new cb
**big WR threat
a new TE/other WR

then this this is a solid offseason.
I agree. We need an infusion of talent more than anything.