If Vanek takes another shootout ever again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

If Vanek takes another shootout ever again.

I am going to smash my television.

**** THIS TEAM.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: If Vanek takes another shootout ever again.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
    I am going to smash my television.

**** THIS TEAM.
    Thurm, this team sucks. It is what it is. I'm so tired of all the excuses being made for this team from the FO. They plain aren't good enough.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Thurm, this team sucks. It is what it is. I'm so tired of all the excuses being made for this team from the FO. They plain aren't good enough.
      I must admit to the fact that I thought they would be much better than this. I do like Vanek and he has been playing hard but I just don't get why they continue to put him on shootouts. It looked like a complete half ass shot. I don't get it.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

I think it was a mistake to put Vanek on the shootout while he is struggling. Stafford is supposedly our second best on the shootout and we didn't even use him. I can understand MacArther getting a shot at it, but Vanek seems to hate the shootout right now.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

I must admit to the fact that I thought they would be much better than this. I do like Vanek and he has been playing hard but I just don't get why they continue to put him on shootouts. It looked like a complete half ass shot. I don't get it.
          He just doesn't look like he bears down when trying the shot/deke. I like him, but right now he looks lazy.

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

I wouldnt say we "suck" nighthawk. Dont you have draft picks to research for the big 11th pick or something?

That was a great effort tonight against one of the most boring teams in hockey. Thomas Vanek should be benched.
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

He just doesn't look like he bears down when trying the shot/deke. I like him, but right now he looks lazy.
              He almost lost the puck, so he didn't have much he could do by the time he got the puck back.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                I wouldnt say we "suck" nighthawk. Dont you have draft picks to research for the big 11th pick or something?

That was a great effort tonight against one of the most boring teams in hockey. Thomas Vanek should be benched.
                yes, right now they suck. It's not like they've scored a ton of goals and then all of sudden they were stopped by the crappy, trap the Devils play. It is what it is...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                  He almost lost the puck, so he didn't have much he could do by the time he got the puck back.
                  True, but he did have time to get it back and do something. He looked like he gave up after almost losing the puck.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

True, but he did have time to get it back and do something. He looked like he gave up after almost losing the puck.
                    I think it was more that he had something in mind when he took the puck and while trying to visualize it, lost the puck and therefore his concentration. By the time he got the puck back he did the first thing that came to mind. Obviously he is frustrated and it showed after his poor effort when he slammed his stick on the boards. I don't have as much of a problem with his effort lately though. He seems to be trying hard, it's just that he isn't scoring. It will come, but will it be enough when it does?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan

We have lost 7 straight. They currently SUCK BALLS.

Then you say Vanek should be benched which is also WAY OFF. The guy played his ass off tonight and has pretty much all year he is certainly in a slump. In OT he skated hard from behind the goal line on a 3 on 1 to get back.

I just hate his shots on the shootout.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

We have lost 7 straight. They currently SUCK BALLS.

Then you say Vanek should be benched which is also WAY OFF. The guy played his ass off tonight and has pretty much all year he is certainly in a slump. In OT he skated hard from behind the goal line on a 3 on 1 to get back.

I just hate his shots on the shootout.
                        While I don't agree with the suck balls comment, I agree 100% with everything else!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                          While I don't agree with the suck balls comment, I agree 100% with everything else!
                          Currently suck balls at least is what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                          X