PDA

View Full Version : Cuts that the Bills have to make!!!

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
The Bills may have to eat some crow and make some necessary cuts in the off-season for this team to improve.

1) Peerless Price - he is horrible and unfortunately he will be a salary cap hit. I believe he still has 2 years left at 2.5 million a year.

2) Anthony Thomas - instead of A-train it should be "Thomas the tank engine". This guy is as slow as molasses. Good bye.

3) Ryan Nuefield - how does this guy keep making the roster? My belief is that this is half the problem with the Bills. They fall in love with players that couldn't play on any other team in the league.

4) Coy Wire - 6 years of mediocrity. Read above.

The Bills continue to carry guys that wouldn't make other rosters becuase they are cheap. Look at the cuts we have made. The players end up no where after they leave this team.

For the Bills to get better they have to get rid of guys that they continue to lose with.

Feel free to add to the list.

Meathead
01-09-2008, 09:12 AM
zero chance wire gets cut. hes cheap and versatile capable of playing every lb position and a demon on st. hes here for the duration

the others you mentioned are all gone next season along with at least two among aiken stamer and haggen

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 09:17 AM
zero chance wire gets cut. hes cheap and versatile capable of playing every lb position and a demon on st. hes here for the duration

the others you mentioned are all gone next season along with at least two among aiken stamer and haggen

I knew Wire would be an unpopular choice at #4. But seriously, if we cut him tommorrow I'm not sure he would even get picked up.

That's the problem with this team and it's fans. Wire plays okay on a crappy team. How many playoff teams would have this guy on their roster? None.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I knew Wire would be an unpopular choice at #4. But seriously, if we cut him tommorrow I'm not sure he would even get picked up.

That's the problem with this team and it's fans. Wire plays okay on a crappy team. How many playoff teams would have this guy on their roster? None.

Bulldog
01-09-2008, 09:25 AM

With Buffalo's luck, NE would probably take him and he'd go to the god damn Pro Bowl.

madness
01-09-2008, 09:35 AM

I disagree with that. Wire is a valuable backup LB (knows all three spots) in a league growing cover 2 system, can backup safety and is known around the NFL for his ST skills. He'd get picked up pretty quick.

Everybody else on your list probably will be gone next year.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I agree with the first post.

mybills
01-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Wire used to be invisible, but he has been stepping up. Not sure they'd cut him.

mysticsoto
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I agree with all except Coy Wire. Go back and watch the Atlanta game and tell me you'd cut Wire. He put a beating on many Falcons with his brutal hits that game! Best game I've seen him have in a long time!!! He provides good depth and is cheap for backup!!!

jdbillsfan
01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree with the first post.

I would add Leonard.

mybills
01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Shelby, please don't read this. :;

don137
01-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I think we need better depth at secondary as well. Leonard is not good depth. Youboty looked great on that interception but was constantly picked on when he played. He appears to be very athletic but not an NFL caliber DB.

bigbub2352
01-09-2008, 10:36 AM
HHuricane speaks the truth people, add Jason Jefferson, Jim Leonard, Shaud Williams, and please dont resign Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, jemtrus Butler, Jason Webster, Kevin Harrison, Leon Joe, Copeland Bryant, cause these guys are bums
but i wouldnt mind them at all given contracts too Bryan Scott, Blake Costanzo, George Wilson, and Justin Jenkins they all played well when given the oppurtunity
if i had another wish for cuts i would put on Larry Triplett and Melvin Fowler, both of there psotions need to be upgraded for us to be serious contenders, build up the middle just like baseball, We got young guys who will step in and fill the shoes of the former ST standouts, guyz like Ellison, and Dig and Scott would fill roles of cuttin those bums mentioned prior cause they contributed to nothing but losing and mediocracy

TedMock
I would add Leonard.

Agreed. He's the kind of guy you want to pull for, but he is absolutely terrible.

mybills
Youboty is a must go.

bigbub2352
01-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Youboty is a must go.
Everyoine forgets Youboty is only 22, he needs development time, and has had his first 2 yrs ****ed up by injury and personal loss, we need a 5th CB, so i say keep him, he obviously has ability size and speed, so u can barry him on the depth chart and give him his time to devlop, if he is still doin nothing when his rookie contract runs out then bye bye,
I wouldnt be sayin this if he was 25 right now and drafted as a SR out of OSU but we got him at 20 and he might have been overhelmed a little, that is my only arguement for him

blackonyx89
01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Gaines needs to be cut!

madness
01-09-2008, 11:02 AM
HHuricane speaks the truth people, add Jason Jefferson, Jim Leonard, Shaud Williams, and please dont resign Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, jemtrus Butler, Jason Webster, Kevin Harrison, Leon Joe, Copeland Bryant, cause these guys are bums
but i wouldnt mind them at all given contracts too Bryan Scott, Blake Costanzo, George Wilson, and Justin Jenkins they all played well when given the oppurtunity
if i had another wish for cuts i would put on Larry Triplett and Melvin Fowler, both of there psotions need to be upgraded for us to be serious contenders, build up the middle just like baseball, We got young guys who will step in and fill the shoes of the former ST standouts, guyz like Ellison, and Dig and Scott would fill roles of cuttin those bums mentioned prior cause they contributed to nothing but losing and mediocracy

You do realize you could come up with a list like this for pretty much every team in the NFL?

ddaryl
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Wire is rock solid at ST's and is a ST captain. Not only that but he can back up multiple positions on D and has a ton of experience.

Wire doesn't belong on that list, and yes I would guarentee that many teams would be interested in picking up Coy and he would remain in the league for quite awhile outside of Buffalo if the Bills released him, which they won't

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Wire is rock solid at ST's and is a ST captain. Not only that but he can back up multiple positions on D and has a ton of experience.

Wire doesn't belong on that list, and yes I would guarentee that many teams would be interested in picking up Coy and he would remain in the league for quite awhile outside of Buffalo if the Bills released him, which they won't

<TABLE class=yspcontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=974 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=800>Coy Wire

<TABLE class=ysptblclbg3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=85 rowSpan=2> http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players_l/20070814/5983.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=Rbb9SAMVVT4WdzH3SPb8aA--</TD><TD colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Coy Wire #27 | Safety | Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf;_ylt=AnOkCmt5qF6buYDjfN2ZqLX.uLYF)</TD><TD class=yspgens align=right><SCRIPT language=javascript>function go() { selected_index = document.select_player.player.selectedIndex; window.location.href = document.select_player.player.options[selected_index].value;}</SCRIPT><FORM id=select_player name=select_player>Roster: <SELECT class=yspgens onchange=go() name=player> <OPTION value="" selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6463;_ylt=Aj21N_zCGPDFJ.phACyeGR7.uLYF>Aiken, Sam</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8070;_ylt=AsH1lBtrGA8GCZjpLe5KoDv.uLYF>Bryan, Copeland</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7892;_ylt=AuytInXupjcYF0cse3yGr2H.uLYF>Butler, Brad</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5593;_ylt=AoN.uYkp2LftBTCBC3BJXW_.uLYF>Butler, Jerametrius</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6935;_ylt=AnvYBNuZfE4E8psNTPnVfdj.uLYF>Chambers, Kirk</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8605;_ylt=AnRaM8p1NKOr1a83K5xVuUn.uLYF>Corto, Jon</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8727;_ylt=AufZjYXMWfjsRxo61L8FZ23.uLYF>Costanzo, Blake</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6430;_ylt=AlFc8Zyp6MIRnpiaJeRUp53.uLYF>Crowell, Angelo</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5947;_ylt=AqBltq32cNf07G03gZ8D.0P.uLYF>Denney, Ryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8032;_ylt=Astab.kIpxMDC90MqP6OueT.uLYF>DiGiorgio, John</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6417;_ylt=Ak0iM_nADrwkljixE04OZ4z.uLYF>Dockery, Derrick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8346;_ylt=ArlParA4i3Q8HvCgUnOU41r.uLYF>Edwards, Trent</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7927;_ylt=AnW8Tew0heLfRYm5VE3vkML.uLYF>Ellison, Keith</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7424;_ylt=AhX1haXYvt444UNXIoIJ_T3.uLYF>Estes, Patrick</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8734;_ylt=Ajs8mH4INIfZwql7gfmDHTL.uLYF>Evans, Jonathan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6772;_ylt=AtM3JLCTsBN.M63gslUbbYj.uLYF>Evans, Lee</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7262;_ylt=AuZAmg4Aq4NXndGdAOadlSD.uLYF>Everett, Kevin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5962;_ylt=AtRtk9tf9tKJPoPcqAfk1pb.uLYF>Fowler, Melvin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7256;_ylt=AnyCmEGwRy9OVLy5LC.6TmL.uLYF>Fox, Dustin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8611;_ylt=Aolsv.yMK_.opCd58MR9nNH.uLYF>Gaddis, Christian</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6991;_ylt=AtQnVNXYaxpMsGpUg2hIMHz.uLYF>Gaines, Michael</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7032;_ylt=AtvXWnu2Rl2mbsggTjvxpyr.uLYF>Greer, Jabari</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6564;_ylt=AidgGF19CJBovBliAUmnuEn.uLYF>Haggan, Mario</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6568;_ylt=AuCEqUQWjJiaZU1d7xfFQwv.uLYF>Hamdan, Gibran</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6850;_ylt=AqWS9PB7Y3edPUo9ShcBwFv.uLYF>Hargrove, Tony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8188;_ylt=Ah6gXyY5GjKGikHysPU_M9L.uLYF>Harrison, Kevin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8728;_ylt=AqF46fQX7RY.P9tmvIJTc5z.uLYF>Huggins, Felton</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8063;_ylt=Auy9rYhvDEOuZE5tpVmcTm_.uLYF>Jackson, Fred</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7369;_ylt=AoABmeyTYaX0wQGKgExazPv.uLYF>Jefferson, Jason</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8612;_ylt=AgJOSj8G8PZI2VmjuxOJZmP.uLYF>Jenkins, Justin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6871;_ylt=AgmWH5gMrljNsGGsTkXT_Oz.uLYF>Joe, Leon</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6384;_ylt=ArOf3tHeW1sZ9urTY4krMQD.uLYF>Kelsay, Chris</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7442;_ylt=Aju3JG2r8C2Gpu_9rCdV8fP.uLYF>Leonhard, Jim</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5388;_ylt=AvGPzbdQqkmHwIs2LqSzE4v.uLYF>Lindell, Rian</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6781;_ylt=AnD6L0xpPDHkTTz_wm_R5AP.uLYF>Losman, J.P.</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8266;_ylt=Aspk84a_t5CEYZJ2Wc98Xaj.uLYF>Lynch, Marshawn</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8613;_ylt=AlmFX_Nl3tg9IZAOn3w2d4X.uLYF>Mace, Corey</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7993;_ylt=AqOFNZAzcOXdyS84twwGx3_.uLYF>Massaquoi, Tim</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8614;_ylt=AgWhJVNPnxDNnhP.x.Ch_9T.uLYF>Mayle, Scott</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7775;_ylt=ApnWvjQbCApUSyFPinK3kuD.uLYF>McCargo, John</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8518;_ylt=As6fZYWbGJ6PnyV6jZh0hej.uLYF>McCaskill, Nevin</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6447;_ylt=AovE7FV8d7y.8YEfoHikucr.uLYF>McGee, Terrence</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7997;_ylt=AjQXvhvZFKo2HduVuMxeWPD.uLYF>Merz, Aaron</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5697;_ylt=Ai5aLioqXEulfohErAf1PwH.uLYF>Moorman, Brian</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6114;_ylt=AthHyuFTlzoS1Cj0QDVKyx7.uLYF>Murphy, Matt</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8065;_ylt=AjjjHg2_xOrWC6B39plW57_.uLYF>Neill, Ryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4985;_ylt=AlGG91dDACHmdnTAOH5OGQL.uLYF>Neufeld, Ryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7404;_ylt=ArcQu.bWJOixpNKFe61BDG7.uLYF>Nua, Shaun</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7231;_ylt=AscScwTbGbNaEmjjiXR_5Zr.uLYF>Parrish, Roscoe</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7122;_ylt=AuAIUMn6mlRLaq2V2NBepan.uLYF>Peters, Jason</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8288;_ylt=ApNcuyfhRGLXyjhwAWXAb2b.uLYF>Posluszny, Paul</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7298;_ylt=AkGZ2yvQ2Mqv7ZkyA9XlBAL.uLYF>Preston, Duke</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4703;_ylt=AqUbkhrPUUpsgFEreQI1AqD.uLYF>Price, Peerless</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5922;_ylt=An_0hlk1UnDpWrXCNZ.O_uD.uLYF>Reed, Josh</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6046;_ylt=AtMvK8CGwmpH3XJmnIJTyAf.uLYF>Royal, Robert</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5493;_ylt=Ama07kDguT6OcMsek9zqIZj.uLYF>Schobel, Aaron</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8476;_ylt=Ah3V0wVtk.NHHX5IQllZLwf.uLYF>Schouman, Derek</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6391;_ylt=ArqwsDphTjFhmap_cDW_fdj.uLYF>Scott, Bryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7854;_ylt=Ah_MkCKvnUxjp1qXddbhBJv.uLYF>Simpson, Ko</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/6608;_ylt=AuxcBQMwkjKByuM4U4mX3EP.uLYF>Stamer, Josh</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5485;_ylt=AvUJs2Si_5yvx_oGuB81leT.uLYF>Thomas, Anthony</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5188;_ylt=AqRLWfIU.peDafG9zIQg0wb.uLYF>Thomas, Kiwaukee</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5928;_ylt=ApmDPGaIwLrNPH6luDUsgs7.uLYF>Tripplett, Larry</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8580;_ylt=Aseqzb7jEgoMCaE.ZCch79_.uLYF>Underwood, E.J.</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5939;_ylt=Asl78NZKWdjV2Wm7dmMHUGX.uLYF>Walker, Langston</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4232;_ylt=Ajv80FIQPUpwSvkzlZ0uvO_.uLYF>Wallace, Al</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5077;_ylt=AmeUmUhfKO034pCDf79Myfv.uLYF>Webster, Jason</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8438;_ylt=AlaueZNMQA0Ht4zscy97pp7.uLYF>Wendling, John</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7757;_ylt=AkSPy71MT74wP._FezoVSun.uLYF>Whitner, Donte</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/4637;_ylt=Aj5G4dyOLV5L6QZsPb2vjAf.uLYF>Whittle, Jason</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7883;_ylt=AvOqRpXZ1KtotLUzzHeserT.uLYF>Williams, Kyle</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7034;_ylt=AoQuFAQA58552FAA3MbSS4j.uLYF>Williams, Shaud</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7443;_ylt=AmRoD4WCPRP4ErKUR6f.udv.uLYF>Wilson, George</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/5983;_ylt=Aox.428Ixub5qyC0wQEcpkP.uLYF>Wire, Coy</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/8365;_ylt=AlDX4Fjc3xM0BWlcmW_Y5OX.uLYF>Wright, Dwayne</OPTION> <OPTION value=/nfl/players/7819;_ylt=AvXqBiC9NZbJGHvLLwg0noP.uLYF>Youboty, Ashton</OPTION></SELECT> </FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>Height: 6-0 Weight: 220
Born: Nov 7, 1978 - Camp Hill, PA
College: Stanford
Draft: 2002 - 3rd round (32nd pick) by the Buffalo Bills
</TD><TD id=stat_snapshot align=right><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspdetailttl style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #e2e2e2; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" align=middle width=60>Tackles</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; BACKGROUND: #e2e2e2; PADDING-BOTTOM: 7px; PADDING-TOP: 7px" align=middle width=60>Int</TD><TD class="yspdetailttl padded3px" style="BACKGROUND: #e2e2e2" align=middle width=60>Sacks</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid" align=middle>4
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f4f5f1 1px solid" align=middle>0
</TD><TD align=middle>0.0
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD id=team_image align=middle width=95>http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/teams/1/80x60/buf.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf;_ylt=AnpV5vozOg_i0JlCncq9NxP.uLYF) </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=4 height=1><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Career Stats

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Career Stats
<STYLE type=text/css>.title, .fantasy-promo a { float:left}.fantasy-promo { float:right;}.fantasy-promo span { position:absolute; left:-9999em; top:0;}.fantasy-promo a.first { width:231px; height:26px; background:#FFF url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/promo/nfl_fn_ft_promo_07.jpg) no-repeat 0 50%;}.fantasy-promo a.last { margin:0 0 0 10px; width:92px; height:26px; background:#FFF url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/promo/mlb_fantasy_promo_02.gif);}</STYLE>Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football '07 (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48544/*http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/) PLAY NOW (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48544/*http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/)
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg align=middle><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4 height=18> Career Stats</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=9><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>Tackles</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=9><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=3>Sacks</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=9><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=4>Interceptions</TD><TD class=yspwhitebg noWrap width=1 rowSpan=9><SPACER type="block" width="1" height="1"></TD><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=5>Misc</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right height=18><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left> Season</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left>Team</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>G</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Solo</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Ast</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Total</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>IntTD</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>DefTD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FFum</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>PD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sfty</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2002</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>71</TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD class=yspscores>96</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>3.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>23</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2003</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD class=yspscores>29</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>9</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2004</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores>12</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>11</TD><TD class=yspscores>25</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>1.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2005</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores>13</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>8</TD><TD class=yspscores>2</TD><TD class=yspscores>10</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2006</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores>16</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>14</TD><TD class=yspscores>9</TD><TD class=yspscores>23</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left> 2007</TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>Buffalo</TD><TD class=yspscores>7</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>1</TD><TD class=yspscores>4</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right height=16><TD class=yspscores align=left colSpan=2> Career</TD><TD class=yspscores>80</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>135</TD><TD class=yspscores>52</TD><TD class=yspscores>187</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>5.0</TD><TD class=yspscores>39</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD><TD class=yspscores>3</TD><TD class=yspscores>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jeff1220
01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Wire is solid depth.
Some of you guys act like we could sign Urlacher to be a back-up linebacker

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Guys, your in love with mediocrity. An undersized LB that we can only use on special teams.

mysticsoto
01-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Guys, your in love with mediocrity. An undersized LB that we can only use on special teams.

No, a hard hitting LB, who excels at STs and has great experience to play multiple positions in a pinch. Like I said, go back to the earlier Atl game and tell me Wire is not worth keeping...

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Wire is solid depth.
Some of you guys act like we could sign Urlacher to be a back-up linebacker

I'm not trying to make this into a Coy Wire hate thread.

But his "solid depth" was only availble for 7 games and he ended up with 4 tackles for the year.

We keep trying to find a spot for a guy that wasn't very good in the secondary and is undersized as an LB.

Half the problem with this team is having a roster full of guys that can only play special teams.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM

Assuming they bring in a new OLB,Wire would be the 6th LB on the team (behind DiG and Ellison) and at "worst" he is 5th.

Mediocrity at a team's 5th and 6th LB positions is what exists. For that role, he is just fine.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
No, a hard hitting LB, who excels at STs and has great experience to play multiple positions in a pinch. Like I said, go back to the earlier Atl game and tell me Wire is not worth keeping...

He had 3 solo tackles for the year.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
He's solid DEPTH. What is it you don't understand about the word DEPTH? No one is saying he's a starter.

There are tons of players here that could go before him like bigbub listed (see below) that you didn't list and yet YOU'RE telling us we're in love with mediocrity? :crazy:

Jason Jefferson, Jim Leonard, Shaud Williams, and please dont resign Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, jemtrus Butler, Jason Webster, Kevin Harrison, Leon Joe, Copeland Bryant

madness
01-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Attention all posters: Using the word "mediocrity" to blame this organization or the knowledge or state of members on this board does not make you look smarter. It just makes you look like an Op cardboard cut out.

People act like we've been drafting solid players for the past 5 years. The only way you get better then a Coy Wire in here at a backup position is a younger version of him with more potential. If you cut Coy Wire, all you're going to end up doing is signing another Coy Wire at best.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 11:27 AM
He's solid DEPTH. What is it you don't understand about the word DEPTH? No one is saying he's a starter.

There are tons of players here that could go before him like bigbub listed (see below) that you didn't list and yet YOU'RE telling us we're in love with mediocrity? :crazy:

Jason Jefferson, Jim Leonard, Shaud Williams, and please dont resign Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, jemtrus Butler, Jason Webster, Kevin Harrison, Leon Joe, Copeland Bryant

But Leonard, Aiken, Stamer and Joe are depth!

So we should keep them too!

Why does Wire have more value than the rest of those bums you listed? They're all from the same compost heap and they're all crap.

Jeff1220
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Attention all posters: Using the word "mediocrity" to blame this organization or the knowledge or state of members on this board does not make you look smarter. It just makes you look like an Op cardboard cut out.

People act like we've been drafting solid players for the past 5 years. The only way you get better then a Coy Wire in here at a backup position is a younger version of him with more potential. If you cut Coy Wire, all you're going to end up doing is signing another Coy Wire at best.

...definitely, by far, the most overused word on this board over the past two week.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:31 AM

Why does Wire have more value than the rest of those bums you listed? They're all from the same compost heap and they're all crap.

So we cut him and keep for some 7th or 8th round pick from next years draft? You can't have starting calibre players for depth unless it's the probowl.

Owen DeBoard
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I hate to say it but I bet A Train will be on this team next year. Jaruon likes him too much. Now he is a waste of a roster spot.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 11:36 AM
So we cut him and keep for some 7th or 8th round pick from next years draft? You can't have starting calibre players for depth unless it's the probowl.

Again, you didn't answer the question.

Coy Wire...sucks. Leon Joe...sucks. Neither is any better than the other, yet we should keep Wire and cut Joe. Why?

Both are depth, both are garbage, both don't deserve to don a jersey on Sunday afternoons.

And if you wanna go ST ability, then why does Wire deserve a spot more so than Stamer?

BTW, the NFL draft isn't 8 rounds anymore!

bigbub2352
01-09-2008, 11:38 AM

Depth is also people who contribute on offense and defnese as well, tell me how many tackles in a game not on ST does Stamer, Haggan, Wire, Joe have yet we had 17 players on IR, come on Coy Wire would be excellent depth but no one is saying the obvious, the guy cant sty on the feild for the limited time he does play, go back in the archives on the injury reports and see how much time Coy misses every year, so guess what that is not good depth cause he cant stay healthy
Medicracy is the word to be used we havent been to the playoffs in 8YEARS yet everyone wants to keep gus that contibute nothing to actually winning games
Sam Aiken for example we lose Peerless for the year and Reed for a game, did he have any catches? i think he only has 2-3 for his career in 5 YEARS, COME ON he is slow and cant get open but lets keep him cause he might give u 5 tackles a year on ST
Look at the stats they are padded, i watch every game every preseason game, i will be damned if i even remember Aiken in on one play this year

We need to bring in better depth to be better than average, guys who are hungary and wanting to win, not satisfied with good punt and kick coverage

Sorry time for some of these players to go and i will write it every year until they are gone
Aiken
Haggan
Stamer
Shaud Williams
Jason Jefferson
Ryan Nuefeld
Coy Wire
etc are all taking roster spots to guys that can contribute to an actual winning team, not 5-11, 7-9 7-9 etc

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Again, you didn't answer the question.

Coy Wire...sucks. Leon Joe...sucks. Neither is any better than the other, yet we should keep Wire and cut Joe. Why?

Both are depth, both are garbage, both don't deserve to don a jersey on Sunday afternoons.

And if you wanna go ST ability, then why does Wire deserve a spot more so than Stamer?

BTW, the NFL draft isn't 8 rounds anymore!
He did well as a lb'er (depth) when he was healthy. You are viewing him as a safety where he sucked. Unlike Joe Wire is an ST ACE. No way will April want him gone.

MArv and DIck put a lot of emphasis on the ST unit. Wire is one of our better players.

Wire is a better ST player than Stamer which is why he was voted captain. IN terms of cutting players, Stamer wouldn't be on the top of my list as far as scrubs go in the ST unit. Every team has scrubs , I'd rather my scrubs have the ability to contribute even if it's just ST. At least Stamer and Wire are good at it.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
He did well as a lb'er (depth) when he was healthy. You are viewing him as a safety where he sucked. Unlike Joe Wire is an ST ACE. No way will April want him gone.

MArv and DIck put a lot of emphasis on the ST unit. Wire is one of our better players.

And Stamer is a ST ace too. So why must we cut him and keep Wire?

I see I have to spell this all out for you.

Aiken is a ST ace, why must he go?

Do you have a soft spot for the guy or something?

mybills
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Everyoine forgets Youboty is only 22, he needs development time, and has had his first 2 yrs ****ed up by injury and personal loss, we need a 5th CB, so i say keep him, he obviously has ability size and speed, so u can barry him on the depth chart and give him his time to devlop, if he is still doin nothing when his rookie contract runs out then bye bye,
I wouldnt be sayin this if he was 25 right now and drafted as a SR out of OSU but we got him at 20 and he might have been overhelmed a little, that is my only arguement for him
Key word - injured. When he's not injured, he doesn't show up. The only game he did impress me in, was the last one against Philly. They may keep him for the reasons that you've listed, but I want someone who can stay healthy and show up in every game.

eyedog
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
They have two starting caliber linebackers{ Crowell & Poz}, two backups { Ellison& Diq}, and a bunch of crap.
It won't matter one bit if Wire, Stammer, Haggen, Joe are playing s-teams or not. You can find those guys anywhere.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Key word - injured. When he's not injured, he doesn't show up. The only game he did impress me in, was the last one against Philly. They may keep him for the reasons that you've listed, but I want someone who can stay healthy and show up in every game.

Says the person who thinks we should keep Coy Wire.

Injured and doesn't show up...hmm that fits Wire to a T.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:44 AM

There are tons of players here that could go before him like bigbub listed (see below) that you didn't list and yet YOU'RE telling us we're in love with mediocrity?

The guy was a 3rd round draft choice.

If I am to use everyone's logic around here than why did we get rid of Fletcher?

camelcowboy
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Gaines needs to be cut!
I disagree draft a te, cut royal. I liked the way gaines played last year.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
And Stamer is a ST ace too. So why must we cut him and keep Wire?

I see I have to spell this all out for you.

Aiken is a ST ace, why must he go?

Do you have a soft spot for the guy or something?

Huh? Soft spot? I just said he's good depth. Anyone who has a soft spot for Wire would insist he should be a starter. Anyone who disagrees that Wire is not good depth is a hater. You're taking my posts out of context.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM

If I am to use everyone's logic around here than why did we get rid of Fletcher?

Because he was old and wanted too much money?

It's much better to keep 3 garbage players at a combined salary of one London Fletcher. I've learned that on these boards.

We must keep Coy Wire, who isn't even a tenth of a percent of the player that London Fletcher is, but allowing Fletch to go elsewhere was an immediate upgrade at the LB position.

I love the logic, truly.

HHURRICANE
They have two starting caliber linebackers{ Crowell & Poz}, two backups { Ellison& Diq}, and a bunch of crap.
It won't matter one bit if Wire, Stammer, Haggen, Joe are playing s-teams or not. You can find those guys anywhere.

Post of the day.

What people don't realize is the Steelers beat us two years ago, in meaningful game, with their backups.

People act like that we can't improve all 53 guys on this roster.

Six years is long enough to figure out that Coy Wire sucks.

mysticsoto
He had 3 solo tackles for the year.

He was hurt or would have played alot more.

This is the article on his Atlanta game early this year. If I remember, the RB had to go out for the rest of the game, or atleast for a significant amt of time...

Synopsis:
Also impressive defensively was Coy Wirehttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5083#) filling in at the strong side linebacker position for Angelo Crowellhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5083#). Wire single-handedly made sure Atlanta's first possession of the second quarter would be a short one.
On first down he stuffed Snelling off right tackle for no gain. The next play Wire drilled Snelling after a short completion over the middle to force a fumble which was snared out of the air by John McCargohttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5083#) at the Falcons' 37-yard line. It led to Buffalo's first points of the night and a 3-0 advantage on a 48-yard Rian Lindellhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5083#) field goal.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5097
and
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5083

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:48 AM

What does being drafted at 3rd have to do with anything? He's not being paid like a superstar.

Wow, I'm not even gonna touch the Fletcher thing. If you can't fugure it out, nothing I can do.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:48 AM

It's much better to keep 3 garbage players at a combined salary of one London Fletcher. I've learned that on these boards.

We must keep Coy Wire, who isn't even a tenth of a percent of the player that London Fletcher is, but allowing Fletch to go elsewhere was an immediate upgrade at the LB position.

I love the logic, truly.

Thank god for people who use their head on these boards. Good post!!!

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Post of the day.

What people don't realize is the Steelers beat us two years ago, in meaningful game, with their backups.

People act like that we can't improve all 53 guys on this roster.

Six years is long enough to figure out that Coy Wire sucks.

So Hurricane, who would you put in there to replace Wire at ST team captain? You can only fill both units with so much starters. Please do tell us.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Huh? Soft spot? I just said he's good depth. Anyone who has a soft spot for Wire would insist he should be a starter. Anyone who disagrees that Wire is not good depth is a hater. You're taking my posts out of context.

Wire isn't better depth than Stamer or Aiken ST wise. Yet you have no problem with them getting cut. I'm trying to figure out why Wire has any more value than either one of those two.

And Ellison is way better depth than Wire and I've seen numerous people clamouring that he should get axed.

Maybe I'm not the hater, maybe you're just overvaluing a guy who is junk, then again you think JP could succeed elsewhere and none of his faults were of his own doing. So it's to be expected, really.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Thank god for people who use their head on these boards. Good post!!!

coming from you, thats not saying much.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Wire isn't better depth than Stamer or Aiken ST wise. Yet you have no problem with them getting cut. .where did you hear that? If I were to pick between Stamer , Wire and Aiken, I'll take Wire but I never said Stamer and Aiken are useless.

I'm trying to figure out why Wire has any more value than either one of those two..
Read Mystics post.

And Ellison is way better depth than Wire and I've seen numerous people clamouring that he should get axed.I'm not one of Them. I'll keep Ellison over Scott.

Maybe I'm not the hater, maybe you're just overvaluing a guy who is junk, then again you think JP could succeed elsewhere and none of his faults were of his own doing. So it's to be expected, really.

Answer the same thing I asked HH. Who would you replace him as an ST player alone.

mybills
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Says the person who thinks we should keep Coy Wire.

Injured and doesn't show up...hmm that fits Wire to a T.
Wrong. When Wire isn't injured, he does show up. And not just for one game, or one play...like Youboty.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
So Hurricane, who would you put in there to replace Wire at ST team captain? You can only fill both units with so much starters. Please do tell us.

Anyone who can actually challenge for a starting job. Not a career depth guy.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 11:58 AM

I love the logic, truly.

WRONG!!!! If Fletch wanted to stay for depth at lb'er , I say keep him over Wire. As a starter in the wrong system with a huge salary , no thanks. I'll take DIg over Fletch in this system.

mysticsoto
01-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Wire isn't better depth than Stamer or Aiken ST wise. Yet you have no problem with them getting cut. I'm trying to figure out why Wire has any more value than either one of those two.

And Ellison is way better depth than Wire and I've seen numerous people clamouring that he should get axed.

I don't understand your 1st sentence? Wire was the ST captain and leader - and for a reason!!! Wire hits much harder than Stamer or Aiken. In fact, Aiken has been less and less of a factor in ST and Stamer also. With a healed Wire, STs might get a boost once again!

Ellison, atleast right now, is a starter. Nobody is clamoring for Wire to start. Just that he provides excellent depth at backing up - more so than molasses Stamer or penalty prone Haggan...

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2008, 11:59 AM

If the guy is challenging for a starting job, he is likely not a ST captain.

Not all players on all rosters advance past career depth. There is nothing wrong with a team's 5th or 6th LB being a career depth guy.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
where did you hear that? If I were to pick between Stamer , Wire and Aiken, I'll take Wire but I never said Stamer and Aiken are useless.

Read Mystics post.

I'm not one of Them. I'll keep Ellison over Scott.

Answer the same thing I asked HH. Who would you replace him as an ST player alone.

Aiken, Stamer, Haggan, Wendling...

Wire is no better on ST than any of those 4.

And Haggan has more value at the LB position than Wire...

Wire isn't good enough nor big enough to be an NFL LB...and he's not smart enough to be an NFL safety - seeing he doesn't understand coverages.

Other teams have guys as special teams aces such as Josh Cribbs...our version of a ST ace is Wire, in some fans minds...Do you see a problem with that?

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

THis is not the probowl . Do you understand that simple logic ? Every team has back ups at least Wire is an awsome ST ACE. Don't give me "anyone" as an answer. Give us a name.

mysticsoto
01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
WRONG!!!! If Fletch wanted to stay for depth at lb'er , I say keep him over Wire. As a starter in the wrong system with a huge salary , no thanks. I'll take DIg over Fletch in this system.

Not me. I'd prefer Wire over Fletch. For 2 reasons, #1 cost. LF would have wanted too much money and Coy Wire is cheap. #2, speed. Everybody associates Wire with being slow - but that's only b'cse at the Safety position he was too slow - safeties have to fly. At LB, his speed is fast. Fletch might be fast as compared to a defensive end, but for a speedy cover 2 offense, he would be severely overmatched consistently. Wire is not!!!

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Aiken, Stamer, Haggan, Wendling...

Wire is no better on ST than any of those 4.

And Haggan has more value at the LB position than Wire...

Wire isn't good enough nor big enough to be an NFL LB...and he's not smart enough to be an NFL safety - seeing he doesn't understand coverages.?

Why can't you keep all of them? Aiken has no value outside of ST. Based on what I've seen on Wire when he was healthy, I'll take him over Stamer.

Why do you insist on using those player I never said were useless? There Scott , Jefferson etc.
FYI, Wire knows all 3 different LBer position. Hagan doesn't.

Other teams have guys as special teams aces such as Josh Cribbs...our version of a ST ace is Wire, in some fans minds...Do you see a problem with that? I never said Wire was our only ACE.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
If the guy is challenging for a starting job, he is likely not a ST captain.

Not all players on all rosters advance past career depth. There is nothing wrong with a team's 5th or 6th LB being a career depth guy.

See I don't disagree with this, what I don't get is why does Wire have more value than Stamer. We have Haggan and he is already is like our 5th or 6th LB and a special teams guy.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I could care less about Stamer, Haggan, or Wire. Cut them all.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Why can't you keep all of them? Aiken has no value outside of ST. Based on what I've seen on Wire when he was healthy, I'll take him over Stamer.

Why do you insist on using those player I never said were useless? There Scott , Jefferson etc.
FYI, Wire knows all 3 different LBer position. Hagan doesn't.

You're the one who said to cut Aiken and Stamer!

That's what the whole basis of this is, figuring out why Wire has more value than either of them do.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Wire isn't good enough nor big enough to be an NFL LB...and he's not smart enough to be an NFL safety - seeing he doesn't understand coverages.

Wire is 6-0 and weighs 228
Ellison is 6-0 and weighs 229
Poz 6-1 and weighs 238
DiG 6-2 and weighs 229

He is as big as many of the other LBs.

And he is very smart guy too. Let's not question his intelligence.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2008, 12:08 PM
See I don't disagree with this, what I don't get is why does Wire have more value than Stamer. We have Haggan and he is already is like our 5th or 6th LB and a special teams guy.

Wire is able to player LB if necessary.

Stamer is not.

mybills
Is YaY taking over for OpIv? :D

justasportsfan
You're the one who said to cut Aiken and Stamer!

That's what the whole basis of this is, figuring out why Wire has more value than either of them do. IF I have to choose between them ,I'll take Wire. I never said cut them outright. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Wire is 6-0 and weighs 228
Ellison is 6-0 and weighs 229
Poz 6-1 and weighs 238
DiG 6-2 and weighs 229

He is as big as many of the other LBs.

And he is very smart guy too. Let's not question his intelligence.

He is? Coulda fooled me when he was "trying" to play safety. He obviously had no idea what he was doing back there.

Obviously Wire wasn't strong enough to be a LB in the NFL since the Bills moved him to Safety when they drafted him, afterall he was a college LB. They only moved him back to LB when they found he absolutely had no skill playing the Safety position.

Dr. Lecter
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
They moved him to LB when they changed defensive systems and had a need at LB.

He was not fast enough to play safety, nor had he played it before.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Is YaY taking over for OpIv? :D

Sure!

No, I'm just trying to figure out why rejects are so overvalued by this team's fanbase.

Coy Wire is a guy who outside of ST should NEVER see the field. He simply isn't good enough on defense.

Other teams have guys who can play offense or defense contribute on special teams. We're relegated to special teams only players. To me it's a waste of a roster spot and a waste of salary cap money.

For perspective...I'd take a team of 11 London Fletcher's over 33 Coy Wire's. In terms of heart, ability, brains and leadership. Yet here we value the Coy Wire's over the London Fletcher's. It baffles my mind.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:20 PM
They moved him to LB when they changed defensive systems and had a need at LB.

He was not fast enough to play safety, nor had he played it before.

Poz
Crowell
Ellison
Digi
Haggan
Joe
Stamer
Wire

That's how I'd rank our LBers as of right now. So we needed him at the beginning of the year to be the 7th LBer? How's that for a slap in the face. We know you started at Safety for us before, but how would you like to be the 7th LBer!

Either through FA or draft, we're going to pick up another LB. Another LB that is ultimately better than Wire. At best, you're looking at Wire again, if still here, being the 7th LBer. Is that necessary?

I do feel that Joe is gone, and Stamer likely is too. They're bums who aren't good enough.

mysticsoto
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
He is? Coulda fooled me when he was "trying" to play safety. He obviously had no idea what he was doing back there.

Obviously Wire wasn't strong enough to be a LB in the NFL since the Bills moved him to Safety when they drafted him, afterall he was a college LB. They only moved him back to LB when they found he absolutely had no skill playing the Safety position.

And that was a coaching mistake by the "then" coaches. It wasn't that Coy wanted to move to Safety. He played LB in college and that is where he should have stayed! Clearly, upon his return to LB, he started showing signs of better play. He just didn't have the speed needed for safety and should never have been asked to transition...

mysticsoto
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Poz
Crowell
Ellison
Digi
Haggan
Joe
Stamer
Wire

That's how I'd rank our LBers as of right now. So we needed him at the beginning of the year to be the 7th LBer? How's that for a slap in the face. We know you started at Safety for us before, but how would you like to be the 7th LBer!

Either through FA or draft, we're going to pick up another LB. Another LB that is ultimately better than Wire. At best, you're looking at Wire again, if still here, being the 7th LBer. Is that necessary?

I do feel that Joe is gone, and Stamer likely is too. They're bums who aren't good enough.

So...considering we just had a rash of injuries, you now want to get rid of 3 LBs ?

I'd rank them a little different:

Crowell
Poz - until he proves himself, he does not get a default best ranking
DiG
Ellison
Wire
Haggan
Joe
Stamer

Mr. Pink
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
So...considering we just had a rash of injuries, you now want to get rid of 3 LBs ?

I'd rank them a little different:

Crowell
Poz - until he proves himself, he does not get a default best ranking
DiG
Ellison
Wire
Haggan
Joe
Stamer

6 LBers on the roster is more than enough, IMO

Don't fret, Stamer, Wire and Joe will be on the waiver wires if the injury bug strikes again. We can just bring them back if needed!

jimbohastle51
01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
i think you are spot on with the peerless price thing but with what we pay Anthony thomas i think he is worth it. i mean hes not even getting top backup pay. unfortunatley the only way i see peerless going though is if we draft a WR i just dont see them spending millions on a WR in free agency to cut a 2.5 million left on peerless, i dont think there is any free agent WR that are any better that are still in the same price range.

bigbub2352
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Any way u look at it argue till your blue in the face, the guyz we have mentioned, most of them with the exception of the real young guys like Leonard and Youboty have contributed to nothing but losing, when is it time to sacrifice the top 5 ST ranking, for say a 10-15 ranking, and then actually have and offense and defense in the top 10, and hay maybe win some meaningful games against some meaning ful teams

Really guys, we have sucked for 8 yrs and many of the players being mentioned have been here for 5-6 of those years
am i the only one that see's this pattern
Depth comes from the draft and developing players in your system
not from other teams cast offs that make 1 or 2 tackles a game
or guyz that got draft 3-4th round 5 yrs ago and contribute nothing to there actual position but make 1-2 tackles every 5 games
We need to get better anyway u look at it
Get better players in here
enough said

bigbub2352
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
add Duke Preston to the cut list too

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Depth comes from the draft and developing players in your system

Dick doesn't have the time and luxury. He needs to win now and Marv won't be around to save his ass if this team regresses with projects from late rd draft picks. He better make sure those picks come in and do a better job than Wire and co.

bigbub2352
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Dick doesn't have the time and luxury. He needs to win now and Marv won't be around to save his ass if this team regresses with projects from late rd draft picks. He better make sure those picks come in and do a better job than Wire and co.
couldnt agree more

Jeff1220
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM
LB depth quality debate - Welcome the the BZ offseason!

Oaf
01-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Wire should stick as depth with DiG and Ellison. Or maybe we keep Haggan over him?

Aiken, Stamer should be cut no questions asked, especially with the emergence of Wendling and Jenkins on ST. Neufeld, Massaquoi, and maybe even Leonard should be done as well.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Any way u look at it argue till your blue in the face, the guyz we have mentioned, most of them with the exception of the real young guys like Leonard and Youboty have contributed to nothing but losing, when is it time to sacrifice the top 5 ST ranking, for say a 10-15 ranking, and then actually have and offense and defense in the top 10, and hay maybe win some meaningful games against some meaning ful teams

Right on!! We keep losing with the same guys year after year but somehow they provide much needed depth.

Wire has taken a roster spot for 6 years since drafting him in the 3rd round. He was too slow for the secondary and too small for a starting LB spot.

This year we needed his depth and he got us 3 tackles. But he should blossom in year 7 of this experiment.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 04:34 PM
If we are talking depth I say we let Ellison and DIgi battle it out for the OLB spot then the other is depth. Get rid of the rest.

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
the reason why we didn't make playoffs is becuase of our starters. The reason why we were competitive inspite of injuries was because our back ups stepped up.

You are *****ing about the wrong people. DO not sacrifice special teams because the starters on D couldn't do their job.

Fix the run D (DT) and it will make everyone else better.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
You seem to be more in love with mediocre posts; the more the mediocre they are the more you defend them!

I just realized that I know very few LBs that have ever comeback from the kind if neck surgery that Wire is having so he might be done on his own anyway.

Bone
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Gaines needs to be cut!
Robert Royal needs to be cut.

Ingtar33
01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
wire is no star... but he's a huge ST player, and will stay on this team probably forever because of it.

eyedog
01-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Sorry but I don't see Wire as a huge s-t player. Tasker was a huge s-t player who made a difference. I really didn't even miss him when he was out injured.

Pick any SEC school and I can find you a lb or db that can replace him and may also be able to help as a legit backup.

THATHURMANATOR
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Sorry but I don't see Wire as a huge s-t player. Tasker was a huge s-t player who made a difference. I really didn't even miss him when he was out injured.

Pick any SEC school and I can find you a lb or db that can replace him and may also be able to help as a legit backup.
I agree. What is huge about Wire's special teams play in the last couple years? I rarely see him make tackles. He never has blocked a kick to my knowledge.

mysticsoto
01-10-2008, 08:43 AM
If we are talking depth I say we let Ellison and DIgi battle it out for the OLB spot then the other is depth. Get rid of the rest.

And keep only 1 backup LB for depth???

THATHURMANATOR
01-10-2008, 08:45 AM
And keep only 1 backup LB for depth???
Draft another Ellison type late. I am also assuming that not all three (stamer, Haggan, and Wire) would all be cut I was just stating that I wouldn't care about losing any of them.

alohabillsfan
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
read this thread, makes sense of our draft..