PDA

View Full Version : Jets Tail-Gating Party Details:

WG
08-23-2002, 11:30 AM
Before we pound the Jets into merciless submission, we'll be gathering at Sean's Stadium Sportswear near the intersection of Abbott Rd. and Southwestern Blvd. That's the primary intersection right near the Ralph!

We'll be gathering around back of Sean's store, Sully's Stadium Sportswear, which is convenient in case you forget any of your Bills wear, you can run in and purchase what you need there. It's also right next to the 7-11 at that intersection if you have difficulty finding it.

We'll have a special parking space reserved for us and an area right up near the store that we will use for our TGing!

Sean has been gracious in that regard and is working out some sort of deal for anyone parking in his lot. Either a reduced rate, or a small gift certificate good for merchandise or something like that. Also, if you mention that you're from the BillsZone specifically, he'll likely give you a nice discount on merchandise that you purchase.

We should be gathering as early as 8:30 am for the game which starts at 1 pm. We'll be shutting down at around 11:30 to Noon in order to make it in in time for intros for this HUGE game!!!

We'll also be cooking up some Wy's Wings along w/ the schmattering of other delicacies that others bring. There's also a 7-11 right nearby in case you forget something.

There's at least one gathering the evening before and as usual, we'll probably be doing something after the game as well.

Directions and other details to follow. Please e-mail me if you have any questions...

GO BILLS!!!

shelby
08-23-2002, 12:57 PM
i can't :angry: believe that i am not going to be able to :angry: make it!!!

:sadwalk:

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Shelby won't be coming. Just a heads up.

Ebenezer
08-23-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Before we pound the Jets into merciless submission, we'll be gathering at Sean's Stadium Sportswear near the intersection of Abbott Rd. and Southwestern Blvd. That's the primary intersection right near the Ralph!

We'll be gathering around back of Sean's store, Sully's Stadium Sportswear, which is convenient in case you forget any of your Bills wear, you can run in and purchase what you need there. It's also right next to the 7-11 at that intersection if you have difficulty finding it.

We'll have a special parking space reserved for us and an area right up near the store that we will use for our TGing!

Sean has been gracious in that regard and is working out some sort of deal for anyone parking in his lot. Either a reduced rate, or a small gift certificate good for merchandise or something like that. Also, if you mention that you're from the BillsZone specifically, he'll likely give you a nice discount on merchandise that you purchase.

We should be gathering as early as 8:30 am for the game which starts at 1 pm. We'll be shutting down at around 11:30 to Noon in order to make it in in time for intros for this HUGE game!!!

We'll also be cooking up some Wy's Wings along w/ the schmattering of other delicacies that others bring. There's also a 7-11 right nearby in case you forget something.

There's at least one gathering the evening before and as usual, we'll probably be doing something after the game as well.

Directions and other details to follow. Please e-mail me if you have any questions...

GO BILLS!!!

If you want somebody to keep track of the food being brought I can volunteer. Just let me or WYS know through a PM and the week before the game we can let everybody know what we need. How does that sound WYS?

Shelby, sorry to hear it...can we take some pictures for you?

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 01:23 PM
Remember, I'm bringing the tootpicks.

Who's bringing the napkins? Hurry! That's an easy one too!!!

lordofgun
08-23-2002, 01:27 PM
I'll bring a rock to keep the napkins from blowing away.

BillsNYC
08-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
Remember, I'm bringing the tootpicks.

Who's bringing the napkins? Hurry! That's an easy one too!!!

you're not brining soda? :D

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2002, 02:00 PM
lmao @ log & nyc

MissBuffalo
08-23-2002, 08:45 PM
I have a slight change in plans. I won't be at the party on Saturday night. I have to fly back out west on Thursday to take an exam for the Berkeley Police Dept. I've been trying to get this police dispatcher job forever!!!! It throws a big wreck in my plans, but it's for a job. I'm flying back into Buffalo Sunday morning. So I'll probably be at the tailgate around 10 'ish.

casdhf
08-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Now that is dedication

clumping platelets
08-23-2002, 10:50 PM
Can't they schedule the exam to fit YOUR schedule :rolleyes:

CajunBillsBacker
08-24-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by MissBuffalo
I have a slight change in plans. I won't be at the party on Saturday night. I have to fly back out west on Thursday to take an exam for the Berkeley Police Dept. I've been trying to get this police dispatcher job forever!!!! It throws a big wreck in my plans, but it's for a job. I'm flying back into Buffalo Sunday morning. So I'll probably be at the tailgate around 10 'ish.

Good luck with that!! My wife is a dispatcher for the local sheriffs office. She absolutely loves her job. But if it's anything like the one here, get ready to work long hours. My wife just got through working a 36 HOUR SHIFT!! She was crying because she was so tired. Thank God she had a lovable husband waiting at home! :angel2:

mybills
08-24-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i can't :angry: believe that i am not going to be able to :angry: make it!!!

:sadwalk:

Shelby, maybe I can help...my mom is a nanny (sort of in your area )...maybe she can babysit for you?
e-mail me..pb820@yahoo.com

mybills
08-24-2002, 07:43 AM
Are there any decent tickets left? I tried searching, but got sick of back spacing to find available seats! It seems I may be able to attend after all, now that I found somebody to go with. I'll just need 2 tixs and and exact address for Sean's Stadium Sportswear so I can get directions on mapquest.:help:

Ebenezer
08-24-2002, 08:06 AM
mybills...your best bet is to send Wys Guy a pm to get the exact location of Stadium Sportswear...also, you should send that note to shelby directly in case she does not see it.

Typ0
08-24-2002, 08:35 AM
mybills? Have you ever been to the stadium before? If you have you know where the 7-11 is. Stadium Sportsware is right behind the 7-11.

mybills
08-24-2002, 08:52 AM
Been to Niagra Falls & Manhatten, but not the Ralph :(

I'll have to turn my pm features on, 'cause the mail daemon just got my e-mail to wys!

WG
08-24-2002, 10:24 AM
"Remember, I'm bringing the tootpicks."

LMAO BFO!!!

Nice way to start some good humor.

LOG,

Don't even bother with the rock. You can just stand there and hold your finger on them. If you really want to be a gracious host for our guests, you can dispense them politely too!

What manners....

Geesh, and you work for the site! I'm aghast! LOL

Anyway, sorry y'all, I didn't get back sooner. I've had a nightmare bout with Earthlink over my DSL breaking down. Horrendous service. Anyway, all but my Outlook seems to be working OK.

We'll have more up about the party later as the game nears...

Pride
08-27-2002, 09:42 AM
Whooo hooo!! Party! Party! Party!

Give me directions, and I am there!

Halbert
08-27-2002, 11:13 AM
Looks like we'll be having a party here instead of going to the game. My folks didn't have any plans for the game and wanted to know if they could come here so I said sure. My dad's retired now and they like to get out of the house.

Sorry I'll miss it. Try to have a good time without me. lol.

Valerie
08-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Say it ain't so, Halbert. :( If you can't make it to the tailgate party, at least try and make it to the Saturday night get together. I was really looking forward to actually talking with you. The first time we met I was too cold to move from the grill and at the draft party, well, I was too busy doing shots. lol I hope to see you at least for a bit on Saturday night. :)

WG
08-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Hal,

Bring the folks. They came last year, eh! The weather should be primo!

Like Jaded said, at least make the night before...

We can coordinate on a ride if I'm not staying in Buffalo that night.

LtBillsFan66
08-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Saturday night... Have we nailed down a time and place yet?

Ebenezer
08-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
Saturday night... Have we nailed down a time and place yet?

Check out the other sticky thread entitled "Opening Weekend"...Buffalo Brew Pub...Saturday 6PM...PM me with your details once you check out the other thread.

LtBillsFan66
08-27-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Check out the other sticky thread entitled "Opening Weekend"...Buffalo Brew Pub...Saturday 6PM...PM me with your details once you check out the other thread.

Oh ok. I didn't know the time. I pm'd you. Did you get it? If not, I'll be there with my friend.

Ebenezer
08-27-2002, 12:21 PM
yes, i got the pm already...i thought you had responded that is what confused me.

LtBillsFan66
08-27-2002, 12:22 PM
You're the one that confused me pal. :D

Halbert
08-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Normally I would have told my folks that we should just go to the game itself because we always have a great time with them but I'm getting the feeling that this game is going to be unusally difficult to scalp a ticket. I've never been shut out of a game and only paid above face value once but I've been close to missing out a couple times when something special was going on with the opener. Given the excitement surrounding Drew and the rebuilt team I'm thinking everybody and their sister will be hawking tix so they're going to be very tough to get, and getting 4 together would be virtually impossible. When it was just me and Monica I was confident we'd do it but adding my folks makes it much more difficult, hence the decision to have a little get together here.

But making the Saturday party sounds like a good idea. Monica should be able to make that one, I'll check with her. If we can carpool with anyone that would be great.

WG
08-27-2002, 04:54 PM
Cool. Totally understood then.

You're forgiven... :D