PDA

View Full Version : My guess on next years complete roster and depth

xXSpIkes5IXx
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I would really like to see us keep Bryan Scott, he made some tremendous plays against the run this year, and was a solid special teams contributer, i wonder if we will keep 5 safeties again this year..

yordad
01-09-2008, 04:46 PM
OK, I don't know why I had to add dashes, and spaces wouldn't work, but.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Moorman
-----------------------------------------------A-Train--------------------------------- Lindell
------------------------------------------------Wright
------------------------------------------------Jackson
------------------------------------------------Lynch
-------------------------------------------------------Gaines
-------------------------------------------------------Schouman/Rookie (true FB)
------------------------------------------------Hamdan
------------------------------------------------Vet or JP
------------------------------------------------Edwards---------------------------------Aiken
Reed ------------Royal----- Rookie----- Merz --------------Preston -----Chambers ----------Parrish Rookie -----------Rookie ----Walker ----Butler ----Fowler ---Dockery -----Peters--------- Evans
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
McGee --------------Kelsey---------- McCargo -----------FreeAgent ------Schobel -------Rookie
Thomas------------- Denney--------- Tripplet ------------Williams --------Hargrove ------Greer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Neill ----------Youboty
-----------------------Crowell ----------------------Poz ------------------Digi
-----------------------Wire---------------------------------------------- Ellison
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Haggan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Rookie

---------------------------------Simpson ----------------------------Whitner
----------------------------------Wilson -----------------------------Wendling

I think the WLB training camp competition will be close. I would like to think it would be upgraded significantly, but I think we have too many holes to make it a top priority. I know many will argue with this, but I think Poz will make this LB crew all a lot better. This moves Digi to the weakside, and primary MLB backup should Poz go down again. I really hope a rookie can push those guys. And, maybe I should have Haggan over Ellison, because I believe Haggan is better in early downs, and short yardage. But, if we do sign a second starting FA, expect it to be OLB which would make Haggan the odd man out.

And, if you notice, I feel we need a DT in free agency. Haynesworth would be awesome, but impossible. I want Corey Williams. If we get him, I don't care what else we do. And, how did the coaching staff not notice McCargo was better than Tripplet? McCargo had more sacks and more solo tackles as the backup.

I have CB, WR, TE as our top draft picks, so I have them as projected starters. Also, I am hoping for an H-back upgrade, or scrap of the ill conceived position. I'm hoping Owen Schmitt is available in the third. And, I have Wilson beating out Leonhard. I will add that I think a late round rookie could easily take Prestons or Chambers job. And, I would like a new center, but cannot find one.

I know, modest changes. And, some of the players that some of you guys call "useless" are still there. But, fact is, you have to upgrade before you can cut. And, I think we make the playoffs next year with this roster, assuming we get an adequate OC.

So basically I am predicting Jefferson, Leonhard, Shaud, Neufeld, and Stammer will be gone.

I am also predicting Hargrove will re-sign. Haggan, Wilson, A-train, Wendling, Merz, Preston, Chambers and Youboty will be returning, and all will have been on the bubble. I am least confident about the lineman. Most other drafted players will sign to the practice squad.

Maybe I should have left a spot open for the token undrafted free agent.

yordad
01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I would really like to see us keep Bryan Scott, he made some tremendous plays against the run this year, and was a solid special teams contributer, i wonder if we will keep 5 safeties again this year..You know, I like Scott too. As far as someone in the secondary blitzing, he is way better then Youboty. He could stick. But, Simpson looked good doing that. And, Scott was solid against the run, I agree. Who would you eliminate? O line depth? Haggan? Wire?

Gosh, the structure of this thread got jacked up. How did your reply get ahead of the original post?

Oaf
01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Haha! that first post was like an optical illusion Yordad. :chuckle:

yordad
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Haha! that first post was like an optical illusion Yordad. :chuckle:LOL, I know. It is screwy looking.

djjimkelly
01-10-2008, 07:23 AM
we need more then 1 change at WR ive had it with the 5'9 wrs we need at least 2 serious wrs to be added reed and parrish are both at best 3rd wrs in this league

need more then 1 change at CB we need a true #1 cb mcgee is a great #2

and need 2 maybe 3 new LBs i dont have any issues with digirgio as a backup but we need a starter and 2 more backups the rest can go we only have 2 LBs on this roster that are starter caliber) crowell and POZ)

and 1 new DT 1 big ass run stopper kyle williams can go triplett can stay as a wave player

and yes im a broken record we need a serious QB

User Manuel
01-10-2008, 08:03 AM
I honestly think the Bills expect that Michael Gaines will be their starter at TE next year.

yordad
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
we need more then 1 change at WR ive had it with the 5'9 wrs we need at least 2 serious wrs to be added reed and parrish are both at best 3rd wrs in this league

need more then 1 change at CB we need a true #1 cb mcgee is a great #2

and need 2 maybe 3 new LBs i dont have any issues with digirgio as a backup but we need a starter and 2 more backups the rest can go we only have 2 LBs on this roster that are starter caliber) crowell and POZ)

and 1 new DT 1 big ass run stopper kyle williams can go triplett can stay as a wave player

and yes im a broken record we need a serious QBIf we add one more receiver, that would make Reed and Parrish the thirds at best.

I have us drafting a CB also. Someone to make Greer the slot, and Thomas the nickle.

I have us getting a LB, but I think you want too many new starters. I am hopeful an upgrade can be aquired as a FA. It would be ideal.

And, we agree on DT.

Actually I think we basically agree all together on this. Thanks for replying.

I honestly think the Bills expect that Michael Gaines will be their starter at TE next year.No way.