PDA

View Full Version : Bigtime free agent landings in the off season?

jamesiscool
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Why would Lance Briggs, Albert Haynesworth or ANY other big name free agent WANT to come to Buffalo?

We're a team, with who is getting another offensive coordinator and getting another GM. This organization has no stability in it anywhere and to put a cherry on top we haven't made the playoffs in the past lifetime.

Look at the teams in the playoffs, do you see stability from the top to the bottom in the FO? yupp. I really dont think its a matter of RW being cheap, I think its the fact that no one in their right mind would want to come to buffalo right now, and i honestly can't blame them one bit.

So get ready to say a whole lot of "who the hell is that?" when we all get vcoach updates sent to our phones when "insert GM name here" signs someone this offseason.

Sure we went to four straight superbowls in the ninety's, sure we have some of the best fans in the world, but face it NO ONE in their right mind would look at a list of offers and say to themselves, "Hm, i could take the same amount of money to play in Buffalo or anywhere else in the country.... hmmmmm well buffalo has... snow.... and... chicken wings? HELL YEA PUNCH MY TICKET I'M THERE!!!"

Please.

Confused
01-09-2008, 04:47 PM
yer not cool james

mayotm
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM
This gets so old. Does it make some of you feel better to ***** and moan about what the Bills aren't going to do? The same crap went on last year before free agency started. The Bills aren't going to spend any money. They will only get scrubs, etc, etc... If I'm not mistaken, the Bills signed two starting offensive linemen during free agency last year. Both guys played pretty well this year. So, can we at least get to free agency before we decide it was a complete failure?

jamesiscool
01-09-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm not a doom and gloomer. but what I hate is when in every thread you hear some one say WE'RE GUNA GET LANCE BRIGGS! or, LETS TRADE JP FOR ROY WILLIAMS!!!

people be realistic here. no one wants jp and roy williams/lance briggs doesnt want to come to buffalo.

building through the draft is the best method and realistically its the main way that we are going to get any sort of big names on our roster.

patience and good drafts are the key when REBUILDING, because we are REBUILDING.

RockStar36
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
We've been rebuilding for the past 8 years so please excuse the fans who want to see some big name FA's come to Buffalo. Money talks.

HHURRICANE
01-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Is there a FA that really makes us that much better?

Night Train
01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Why would Lance Briggs, Albert Haynesworth or ANY other big name free agent WANT to come to Buffalo?

Because we scream about them and type several of these at that end of our thread title !!!!!!!

We'll find 1 or 2 specific FA's to fill needs and draft a bunch. No sober poster believes otherwise.

Only the usual LOOK AT ME posters who dominate this place post otherwise. They themselves may not even believe it but the attention they CRAVE is achieved.

Give them a liversnap, put them on ignore and move on.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
This is a very easy question. MONEY. If we offer more they come here. It is that simple

Oaf
01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
This gets so old. Does it make some of you feel better to ***** and moan about what the Bills aren't going to do?

Not as old as the countless threads of people stating their offseason "plans" or to do lists starting off with signing Briggs and Clark, trading for Roy Williams, etc.

Goobylal
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
This is a very easy question. MONEY. If we offer more they come here. It is that simple
Yep.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Not as old as the countless threads of people stating their offseason "plans" or to do lists starting off with signing Briggs and Clark, trading for Roy Williams, etc.
Actually it is 1000 worse IMO. At least the plans and what not are just opinions of what people think should or could be done rather than ones telling us how dumb we are and that it will never happen.

Mahdi
01-09-2008, 08:28 PM

We're a team, with who is getting another offensive coordinator and getting another GM. This organization has no stability in it anywhere and to put a cherry on top we haven't made the playoffs in the past lifetime.

Look at the teams in the playoffs, do you see stability from the top to the bottom in the FO? yupp. I really dont think its a matter of RW being cheap, I think its the fact that no one in their right mind would want to come to buffalo right now, and i honestly can't blame them one bit.

So get ready to say a whole lot of "who the hell is that?" when we all get vcoach updates sent to our phones when "insert GM name here" signs someone this offseason.

Sure we went to four straight superbowls in the ninety's, sure we have some of the best fans in the world, but face it NO ONE in their right mind would look at a list of offers and say to themselves, "Hm, i could take the same amount of money to play in Buffalo or anywhere else in the country.... hmmmmm well buffalo has... snow.... and... chicken wings? HELL YEA PUNCH MY TICKET I'M THERE!!!"

Please.
Derrick Dockery did... I bet a lot of teams were interested in his services. He was considered a top 5 FA last year.

But overall I understand yer point and agree to an extent.

Nighthawk
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Is there a FA that really makes us that much better?

Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer?

justasportsfan
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
they better have an awsome agent who will protect them against Ralphy.

HOpefully some of them will want a shot breaking Brady into 2 ,twice a year and the bills are closer than either the jets of fins.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM

HOpefully some of them will want a shot breaking Brady into 2 ,twice a year and the bills are closer than either the jets of fins.
No all we need to do is offer more money and they sign with the Bills. I cant believe people still are to naive to think that it is anything different than that.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I am not saying we will offer more money however but I am really just answering the first post.

HAMMER
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM

This is a very good point Justa!

Bruce is Loose
01-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Look at the teams in the playoffs, do you see stability from the top to the bottom in the FO? yupp.
Off the top of my head...
Unstable FO San Diego, fired coach that went 14-1, new coach this year
1st year coach in DAL
1st year coach in Pitt

Thats 3 of 8 teams that have new HEAD COACHES... I dont even know other FO moves in addition but head coaching is more of a turnover than anything.

Check your facts before writing such statements.

X-Era
01-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Please.

Whew! Its awesome that I read this post. I was just starting to get my hopes up. Thank you so much. :penalty:

Buckets
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Thats why we have to look at guys like this.

Clark Haggans is a Free Agent...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being from Pittsburgh I watch a lot of Steelers ball, and one thing I know is Haggans would be a huge upgrade over Ellison and I'm not sure he would really command tons of money as he is one of the lesser productive of the Steelers linebackers but I think in this system we have here would be an awesome fit. He's 6-4 243, so he's not too too big, and he had 4 sacks last year. I think if we grab him, we could have Haggans-Poz-Crowell and we'd be set at LB.