PDA

View Full Version : Article: Oh, My Gash!

Pride
04-04-2003, 12:24 PM
In one of those quiet moves that only fantasy geeks like us really understand the significance of, Buffalo signed Sam Gash to be their starting fullback this week. The move follows the release of Larry Centers, the team’s starting fullback for the previous two years. The switch to Gash is great news for Travis Henry.

Centers is strictly a pass-catching fullback (remember his insane 101-reception season in 1995?), with little to offer the ground game either as a runner or blocker.

Centers and Henry each caught 43 passes last year. With Centers out of the way, Henry will get almost all of the backfield’s receiving stats. A projection of 70-80 receptions from Henry isn’t out of the question.

Secondly, and even more importantly, Gash is a gifted blocker who can open up running lanes, push the pile, and help Henry break long runs.

This move solidifies Henry as an elite fantasy rusher. If you don’t have Henry in your top-10, you’re totally missing the boat. Currently, I have him at the number-seven spot on my running back cheat sheet, and that ranking might be conservative.

MORE (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-ohmygash&prov=fanball&type=fantasy)