PDA

View Full Version : Numminen likely done for season

Philagape
01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
By JOHN WAWROW
AP Sports Writer
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Sabres defenseman Teppo Numminen's season is likely over after finding out he'll need an additional two months to recover after having open-heart surgery to repair a faulty valve.
Stressing that his heart is fine, Numminen told The Associated Press on Wednesday that doctors said he'll require additional time off to allow his sternum to heal. Numminen learned the news Tuesday after Sabres doctors consulted with doctors at the Cleveland Clinic, where the player had the operation in September.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-sabres-numminen&prov=ap&type=lgns

Nighthawk
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm sorry he went through this and I'm happy everything seems to be going well, but I'm glad he won't be coming back. He would not help this team because he hasn't played in forever and we all saw how well that works last year with Connolly. That being said, I wish the best to him and continued improvement from the surgery.

Typ0
01-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry he went through this and I'm happy everything seems to be going well, but I'm glad he won't be coming back. He would not help this team because he hasn't played in forever and we all saw how well that works last year with Connolly. That being said, I wish the best to him and continued improvement from the surgery.

excuse me but TN and TC are two different people, two different age groups, two different sets of experience and two different injuries. what makes you so sure the results would be the same.

Nighthawk
01-10-2008, 06:10 PM
excuse me but TN and TC are two different people, two different age groups, two different sets of experience and two different injuries. what makes you so sure the results would be the same.

You're right...Teppo is 39 and Tim was much younger. I don't get your point? It is much more realistic to think that a 39 year old player would not get in game shape quicker than a 20 some year old player. Anyways, Teppo is well past his prime and is not what this team needs on defense...another finesse, offensive-minded, defenseman. This team has enough of them, they need to bring in different blood into that locker room and get rid of some of the average players we currently have. I don't dislike Teppo, but he would just be taking up another roster spot and that is not what this team needs.

Typ0
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
You're right...Teppo is 39 and Tim was much younger. I don't get your point? It is much more realistic to think that a 39 year old player would not get in game shape quicker than a 20 some year old player. Anyways, Teppo is well past his prime and is not what this team needs on defense...another finesse, offensive-minded, defenseman. This team has enough of them, they need to bring in different blood into that locker room and get rid of some of the average players we currently have. I don't dislike Teppo, but he would just be taking up another roster spot and that is not what this team needs.

we need someone who will take their stick and club some of these clowns across their heads and tell them they aren't playing good enough.

Nighthawk
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
we need someone who will take their stick and club some of these clowns across their heads and tell them they aren't playing good enough.

I'd be OK with that!