PDA

View Full Version : With Cleveland trying to sign Anderson long term hopefully JPs stock went up

Owen DeBoard
01-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Im not saying that JP ranks up there as one of the best qbs that could be on the market but taking Anderson off would be one less qb that is better than him.

venis2k1
01-10-2008, 10:36 AM
I still think he has more value to us as a backup than he would fetch trading him.

Owen DeBoard
01-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I still think he has more value to us as a backup than he would fetch trading him.
Yeah but Losman doesnt want to be around as a backup. He may become a distraction if the bills get off to a bad start next season.

theanswer74
01-10-2008, 10:44 AM

So what your saying is the Bills are a contender and cant risk their starting QB going down with no capable backup?

The Bills need to get as much possible out of Losman in a trade, which wont be much. Im hoping for a 3rd.

venis2k1
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
History shows that TE is gonna miss a couple of games next year to injury. he has like 4 of his last 5 seasons. Would you rather have a guy firmilar with the players and comfortable in buffalo playing for a contract starting for us, or Cleo Lemon?

Night Train
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
That means Cleveland will be dealing Brady Quinn, If Anderson is inked long term.

Quinn has done nothing so far but also hasn't failed or had negative performances all over his resume, like Losman. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'd be stunned if we received a pick any higher than a 4th Rounder for Losman but I'm willing to be surprised. If Quinn is made available, he'll draw the initial interest over JP.

Owen DeBoard
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I dont see the Browns shopping Quinn. He will be like Aaron Rogers sitting and waiting for his time to come.

Night Train
01-10-2008, 11:08 AM
I dont see the Browns shopping Quinn. He will be like Aaron Rogers sitting and waiting for his time to come.
That was my initial thought but I think Quinn signed a far healthier contract than Rogers. I guess we'll wait and see.

EDS
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Im not saying that JP ranks up there as one of the best qbs that could be on the market but taking Anderson off would be one less qb that is better than him.

Why? Did the value of JP's peers also go up (i.e., David Carr, Byron Leftwich, Joey Harrington, Rex Grossman, etc.)?

Mr. Pink
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Quinn is only making 2 million per year, so the Browns keeping both isn't that fiscally irresponsible. And DA getting re-inked doesn't help nor hurt JP's trade value.

colin
01-10-2008, 11:36 AM
ya, browns may well keep quinn and anderson.

if they have lots of incentives that will keep the costs down.

Owen DeBoard
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Quinn is only making 2 million per year, so the Browns keeping both isn't that fiscally irresponsible. And DA getting re-inked doesn't help nor hurt JP's trade value.
Why doesnt it it is one less qb out there.

Coach Sal
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM

They probably won't shop him.

But Rodgers situation was far different. He was drafted to "wait his time" behind a (at the time) 35 year old QB who many thought was going to retire witin a year or two.

Quin was drafted to be the franchise QB. But if Anderson signs another deal, Quinn will be waiting HIS time behind a guy who will be only 25 next season.....only a year and a few months older than Quinn himself.

venis2k1
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Its alot more like the Brees/Rivers situation than that Farve/Rogers.

Historian
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Sure.

With Anderson off the market, JP would then be worth not just a bag of pucks, but a few kicking tees to boot!

Mr. Pink
01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Why doesnt it it is one less qb out there.

Because JP doesn't have much., if any, trade value as it is. One less QB off the market isn't going to help him.

RockStar36
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
It should help a little bit.

If a team is shopping for a QB they would most likely give up less for Losman if they knew Anderson was available, however they will be more likely to deal for Losman if Anderson isn't available.

Owen DeBoard
01-10-2008, 06:04 PM
It should help a little bit.

If a team is shopping for a QB they would most likely give up less for Losman if they knew Anderson was available, however they will be more likely to deal for Losman if Anderson isn't available.
Thank you.

Mr. Pink
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
JP at best is getting a 5th round pick....DA would require at least a 1st.

How does this help JP?

ddaryl
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
JP at best is getting a 5th round pick....DA would require at least a 1st.

How does this help JP?

A young QB with a cannon arm and couple of years starting experience will fetch more then a 5th rd pick. The Bills will keep JP before shipping him off for a day 2 pick. JP's agent also said if the Bills keep im they would play out their contract, but would "RATHER" he be traded.

Many can argue that it was the Bills, and their system/OC that kept JP from progressing. Many teams will still look at the end of the 2006 season as a sign of what JP can might be capable of bringing to a team.

Don't Panic
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
JP has value... it'll be interesting to see if he holds to these comments in April. If he's still begging to get out, I'd be more inclined to deal him. If not, we might as well keep him. On the same note... if we can get a 3rd, I'd be more inclined to deal him. 4th or worse I'd pass.

justasportsfan
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I wish he stays. I'm not convinced Trent is durable just yet.plus It'll give him a chance since they are both going to have a new O.

It'll make camp and regular season more interesting especially if they bring in an OC from the outside.