PDA

View Full Version : It's Now or Never

patmoran2006
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
For Ralph Wilson..

In all seriousness here. I openly admit to being biased AGAINST Ralph Wilson and have been for several years; but this is a total UNBIASED opinion here.

* He's like what, 90 years old now?

* For the first time in at least a few years, we do NOT have a lot of our own UFA's to have to worry about leaving and "rebuilding" again. Last year Clements and Fletch were arguably our two best players. We resigned neither. In this case, Wilson gets the benefit of the doubt. We probably dont win with them anyway so let's get younger.

* Only two teams in this league go in with more cap room than the Bills.

* Did I mention his age?

* We have a GOOD YOUNG nucleus of talent. We may have struck gold in the draft last year with a franchise RB, a rock-solid MLB and a quarterback that MANY people around the leauge are raving about. We have one of the best players in football (Jason Peters) at one of the most important positions (Left Tackle)

* We have at least the makings for a very solid offensive line.

* Defensively, we have a solid LB in Crowell. Schobel is still a good DE I dont care what anyone here says. McCargo looked really good in limited time. Combine that with Poz we're not there yet with the front seven, but we have the potential to be.

* We have solid draft position again and and an abundance of draft picks.
========================================================
Those are all good things. Personally I hate him, but Jauron is well respected around the leauge..

Now it's TRULY UP TO WILSON. At his age, if he truly has any interest in at contending for a championship, he will throw caution to the wind.

* Hire a real GM, not ****ing Ron Guy or Russ Overdorf.

* Find a PROVEN offensive coordinator. Why besides the fact he'd come ultra cheap would we promote a QB's coach who hasn't proven he can run an offense? In his limited track records with QB's on a few teams, I haven't seen him make much of those QB's. Regardless, WHY even take a chance on a first-time coordinator at this stage of the game?

* Get a couple of QUALITY FA's. WE need a WR, TE, OLB and DT badly. Drafting is great but you can't depend on the draft to fill ALL of these needs. We could also use a better center and maybe a corner. Be committed to landing at least 2 studs in the open market. If your creative, you get a guy like Hackett or Clark for the offense and a C. Williams or Briggs for the defense and both units are better.
========================================================
In closing, as far as I can remember, this is by FAR the most telling offseason of what kind of owner we have and what his real intentions are. We've had excuses galore the past few years to lay low. NOT THIS TIME. We got the cap space, we got some of the parts in place. Prove at 9,0000 years old that you actually want to WIN a championship instead of making a buck.. You've already made plenty of them.

Nighthawk
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
The best point made in that looooong post is the part about this being a telling offseason for Ralph and his desire to win. I agree that this offseason will show how much winning really means to Ralphy. Hiring from within is not going to move this team forward at either the GM or OC position.

patmoran2006
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
My point of the post is that for the last few years Wilson has had EXCUSES for a lot of things.

Wanting to get younger.. Weren't very talented to begin with.. Too many FA's of our own to worry about, etc etc.

He has NONE of those excuses anymore.

Nighthawk
01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
My point of the post is that for the last few years Wilson has had EXCUSES for a lot of things.

Wanting to get younger.. Weren't very talented to begin with.. Too many FA's of our own to worry about, etc etc.

He has NONE of those excuses anymore.

Oh, I know...this team is all about excuses. Dickey used the injuries for his excuse to why this team hasn't made any progress on the field and a lot of fans bought into it. I know what your getting at.