PDA

View Full Version : Is it a shock that new blood made this team look better?

Nighthawk
01-10-2008, 09:52 PM
These kids brought heart, effort and a desire to fight...something that a lot of regulars aren't bringing to the table on a regular basis. This game just showed me how important it is for the FO to move some of the players from this team and get some new blood in here to change the atmosphere. Again, great effort by McCarthur, Kaleta and T-Bo. This should be a wake up call to the FO...

JD
01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Tonights game reminded me of the 05-06 Sabres.

Bring up Zags and Funk too :up:

Nighthawk
01-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Tonights game reminded me of the 05-06 Sabres.

Bring up Zags and Funk too :up:

I just think this team is a little stale and needs an infusion of new blood...whether it is a trade (preferred) or sitting older guys and playing the youngsters.

SabreEleven
01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Last year the Sabres looked great when they had all those injures about half way through the season, so no, I'm not shocked.

LABillsFan
01-11-2008, 01:37 AM
I really don't see why the FO would make a significant move this year, they didn't do it when they had a shot at the cup, why would they do it now struggling to make the 8th seed spot. I like most of this team and the effects of the non signings, injuries and the keeping of players that are not contributing for years now is rearing its ugly head. I do see changes coming for next year, I doubt Kalinen and Peters will be here, I also think T-Bo will be gone. Satan... I mean Max should have been gone before last year. The Sabres are going to wait until they have a solid core and TG sees that they actually have a shot at the cup before anything mediocre happens.

Ebenezer
01-11-2008, 01:42 AM
these guys are playing against the third and fourth liners of other teams. It's good to see them play well but they are not world beaters. I'd rather have Drury here and Vanek on the second line like last year.

Ebenezer
01-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Again, great effort by McCarthur, Kaleta and T-Bo.

T-Bo has the worst stats of any goalie with at least 5 starts this year. He isn't leading this team anywhere.

bigbub2352
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I think one of the biggest problems with the FO, and i really think it is Quinn, is that we hold onto players and they peaked and are not making the team better

u got guys in rochester playin hard
Dylan Hunter
Mark Mancari
Marek Zagrapan
Mike Funk
Mike Weber
could be taking the place of guys like Kahlinin, Connolly, Ryan, etc,
I am not sayin replace everyone but it seems to me when ever we call one of these guys up they play hard
Kaleta needs to stay up here and so does MacArthur

JD
01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Eb, the guy was playing against one of the leagues best with a depleted defense more 2 periods. 5- dmen.

He stood on his head for a bunch of saves but isnt good on shootouts. My #2 star from last night.

Nighthawk
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
T-Bo has the worst stats of any goalie with at least 5 starts this year. He isn't leading this team anywhere.

I'm not saying he is the answer and he isn't better than Miller, but he played well last night and he deserves credit for that.