PDA

View Full Version : Bills trainers named NFL Staff of the Year

Coach Sal
01-11-2008, 09:37 AM
They've been bestowed honors before for their tireless work on the sidelines and in the training room, but Buffalo's trainers have now been honored by their colleagues as the Pro Football Athletic Trainers Society in conjunction with Ed Block Courage Award Foundation named them the NFL Athletic Training Staff of the Year.

"Far and away it's the greatest honor," said head athletic trainer Bud Carpenter. "When you're selected by your peers I think that speaks volumes. When somebody that's judging you does what you do for a living I think that's a great honor."

This is the first time Buffalo has been honored as the staff of the year, as they treated 17 Bills players that were placed on injured reserve this past season, the highest total in 15 years. The honor is voted on annually by NFL athletic trainers and has been awarded since 1985.

more.........
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5797

Jeff1220
01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
You would think that the fact the Bills had so many injuries would hurt their trainers' chances at such an award.

Mahdi
01-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Thats actually really funny.... I guess they are being judged on the volume of work they had with regards to treatment rather than prevention.

Seriously though,,, just bad luck this year,,,, our training staff had their hands full all year.

FlyingDutchman
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
wow, they really have an award for this? Maybe the committee thought our midget was "cute"

Dr. Lecter
01-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Maybe they won the award for possibly saving Kevin Everett's life and for making it so he can walk again.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe they won the award for possibly saving Kevin Everett's life and for making it so he can walk again.

You beat me to it. I as just going to post the same thing :up:

Mahdi
01-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah... that alone is good enough to win the award.

RockStar36
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I was going to lol about this till I remembered the whole KE deal. I give them tons of credit for that. I can't imagine being under that kind of pressure with someone's life on the line. That alone is amazing.

YardRat
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
They certainly earned it. Kudos.

Jeff1220
01-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah, with KE, it certainly makes sense. The KE injury response by these guys should've gotten them recognition from the entire medical community, not just the Football Trainers Commitee!

Mr. Pink
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Kudos to our trainers for not only saving KE's life but allowing him to go on a lead a normal productive existence.

Michael82
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
The only reason why they got this award was because of the Kevin Everett injury, but that alone is worth it. It was amazing with how quick they responded and the fact that he can already walk, when many people thought he would be paralyzed!

Great job, guys! :bf1:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-11-2008, 10:32 PM
they should be, they saved Kevin Everett from paralization (if that is such a word)

Historian
01-12-2008, 06:40 AM
...and in a related story, the New England Patriots won their fourth Super Bowl....