PDA

View Full Version : Ralph is not cheap...

HAMMER
01-12-2008, 12:26 AM
While Moron(s) are calling Ralph cheap, let's look at the big picture....LIFE. Ralph Wilson was one of, if not the largest contributor to the Miami Project. The research done through this project may very well have saved a life, at the very least it has saved a man from being paralyzed. So rather than belittle the man that brought football to Buffalo, was a founding father of the AFL, and is a very generous benefactor, let's have a thread that praises him. I would imagine Kevin Everett and his family would appreciate it very much. God bless you Ralph and your selfless contribution to medical research and for bringing football to Buffalo. We love you and thank you.:bighug:

Turf
01-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Whne it comes to football, Ralph is cheap enough to rob himself. Life is another story.

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2008, 06:00 AM
While Moron(s) are calling Ralph cheap, let's look at the big picture....LIFE. Ralph Wilson was one of, if not the largest contributor to the Miami Project. The research done through this project may very well have saved a life, at the very least it has saved a man from being paralyzed. So rather than belittle the man that brought football to Buffalo, was a founding father of the AFL, and is a very generous benefactor, let's have a thread that praises him. I would imagine Kevin Everett and his family would appreciate it very much. God bless you Ralph and your selfless contribution to medical research and for bringing football to Buffalo. We love you and thank you.:bighug:

Nice idea, won't fly. Too many cynics and pessimists around here. I agree with you though.

Historian
01-12-2008, 06:24 AM
When you let your accountant make personnel decisions, you pretty much tip your hand as to what your priorities are.

don137
01-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Ralph picks and chooses where he puts his money. Anyone that implements a cash to cap and spends millions less than his counterparts that makes it very difficult to succeed in this league is cheap by NFL standards.

Philagape
01-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Obviously, any reference calling him cheap in these forums refers to his football budget, so anything he does outside of the Bills is irrelevant.

The only question that defines cheapness is, Does he spend as much as he could under NFL rules? The answer is no. Cheapness is defined not by how much one spends, but by how much one holds back.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Whne it comes to football, Ralph is cheap enough to rob himself. Life is another story.

No, actually he is not.

patmoran2006
01-12-2008, 08:46 AM
No, actually he is not.
yes he is.

I'm not trying to battle with you about this or anything. But you only see what you want to see, because you're a fan. But take a look at some facts.

* Did he spend big money on Dockery and Walker last year via FA? yes, he did. But you REFUSE to acknowledge the money he saved by not resigning 2 of our best 3 defensive players as money he DID NOT have to spend. He also traded McGahee and a contract for a draft pick. Now before responding, YES IT DID work out. Lynch is a goldmine. Thank the lord we drafted him. Where would this team be with Fred Jackson or A-Train as our primary back? I credit 100% whatever person decided to draft Lynch, not f'n Ralph Wilson. You say what he spent "last" year was among the league's highest. It is, because the Bills count the ENTIRE signing bonus upfront, that is why.. "Cash to Cap" Lecter. That should be enough.

*You tempt me to dig enough to find out the actual numbers. I will bet you ANYTHING you want that Dick Jauron is one of the three lowest paid head coaches in the NFL. I'll bet you Fewel and Fairchild were the same among coordinators. I'll bet you Levy was one of the lowest paid GMs in football. I''ll bet you Mularkey and Williams before him and Wade Phillips before him were among the three lowest paid coaches in the NFL too. As I said before with coaches and GMs, every now and then at the bargain basement you find a gem (Levy and Polian). FAR more often than not though, you get what you pay for. This above anything else (coach and GM) is the single #1 reason WHY the Bills have had this embarassing playoff drought.

* I think there has been one period in maybe the last 20 years where Wilson decided to spend quality money. He DID spend big on free agents in the early 2000-period with guys like Spikes, Adams, Milloy, Fletcher and Vincent (and Bledsoe of course). During that span we also had the #2 defense in the NFL 2 out of 3 years. This era I dont put on Wilson, I put on Donahoe. He neglected the OL and made the worst head coach decision in history with Mularkey. THere are 25 coaches in the NFL who could've gotten Buffalo to the playoffs with that talent.

Outside of that, he's taken every high road imaginable.

Let me ask you this Lecter. We go into this offseason with back-to-back 7-9 seasons. That's normal for us. However, this is NOT normal.

* We dont have any Fletch's or Clements' to worry about this year.. ****, our "primary" free agent is Anthony Hargrove, who's easily replacable.

* We have the third most cap room in the league.

Do you think that this SHOULD NOT be a year that Wilson goes out and spends big in the open market? I'm looking for a trademark Wilson excuse and I've yet to find one. This is a team that's got some talent but is TOO YOUNG. I don't think there's a person on this board who doesnt understand the Bills need at least 3 good players via Free agency, along with another solid draft.

Am I saying Wilson needs to go out and try to sign Dallas Clark, Lance Briggs and Asante Samuel? Of course I'm not, I'm realistic. But if we have another repeat of 2006 when we go out and get a FA crop the likes of Robert Royal, Peerless Price, Melvin Fowler, Matt Bowen and Larry Tripplett, THEN will you be convinced he really doesn't give a ****?

Do you also think it's right that ultimately we're going to end up promoting within for both OC and GM? GOOD teams promote within. BAd teams and make no mistake about we're a bad team, go outside and find the man best qualified for the job. If Turk is the most qualified OC out there and Guy is the most qualified GM out there then fine; but do you think for a SECOND that is the case? If you do, you're lying to yourself.

We badly need a better WR, TE, DT and OLB. If Wilson wants to take a run this year, he will find quality players in at least 2 of those positions. There's not a significant person we're going to lose via FA. He's out of damn excuses in 2008 I dont care what you or anyone says.

if you want to take my disdain for Wilson as not being a Bills fan then be my guest. But until he shows a committment to putting the best team out there humanly possible, he's the biggest reason why we've sucked in my book.

and Hammer, my comments are concerning football, not his humanitarian efforts. I never said he was a bad person, or he didn't care about good causes. He just doesn't commit to building a championship team here.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2008, 09:26 AM
yes he is.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I'm not trying to battle with you about this or anything. But you only see what you want to see, because you're a fan. But take a look at some facts.<o:p></o:p>
· Did he spend big money on Dockery and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Walker</st1:place></st1:City> last year via FA? yes, he did. But you REFUSE to acknowledge the money he saved by not resigning 2 of our best 3 defensive players as money he DID NOT have to spend. He also traded McGahee and a contract for a draft pick. Now before responding, YES IT DID work out. Lynch is a goldmine. Thank the lord we drafted him. Where would this team be with Fred Jackson or A-Train as our primary back? I credit 100% whatever person decided to draft Lynch, not f'n Ralph Wilson. You say what he spent "last" year was among the league's highest. It is, because the Bills count the ENTIRE signing bonus upfront, that is why.. "Cash to Cap" Lecter. That should be enough. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Hey, we can battle. I have facts and data in my corner. <o:p></o:p>
First off, trading Willis was not financial. You know that and I know that. He was a douchebag who wanted out and had a questionable attitude in Marv’s “character” plan. And, for you to say the bad things are Ralph’s fault, but the good things have nothing to do with him is an issue and illogical.<o:p></o:p>
And he could have re-signed <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">London</st1:place></st1:City> and Nate. Of course, there are very few NFL teams that re-sign every single <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UFA</st1:place></st1:City> and those two got WAY overpaid. And Fletcher, despite his season this year is not a young man. For as much as you ***** about them “wasting” money on Kelsay, signing those two would have been even worse, especially Clements. Having Poz on this team is better for the future and a better investment than Fletcher. <o:p></o:p>
As for “Cash to Cap”, it has been explained time and time again. Not using the credit card approach and using the available money every year is not necessarily bad. <o:p></o:p>

*You tempt me to dig enough to find out the actual numbers. I will bet you ANYTHING you want that Dick Jauron is one of the three lowest paid head coaches in the NFL. I'll bet you Fewel and Fairchild were the same among coordinators. I'll bet you Levy was one of the lowest paid GMs in football. I''ll bet you Mularkey and Williams before him and Wade Phillips before him were among the three lowest paid coaches in the NFL too. As I said before with coaches and GMs, every now and then at the bargain basement you find a gem (Levy and Polian). FAR more often than not though, you get what you pay for. This above anything else (coach and GM) is the single #1 reason WHY the Bills have had this embarassing playoff drought.<o:p></o:p>
Go ahead. Jauron is in the middle. But do your research, you will be wrong. AGAIN. <o:p></o:p>
As for the GM’s, you do remember that just two hires ago the Bills signed the biggest name and most expensive guy out there, don’t you? And he was here for 5 years of the above reference drought. So, you are wrong on “cheapness” being the reason, since Ralph was, in fact, not cheap on the GM for most of this drought. <o:p></o:p>
So tell me: when did money spent on a coach/GM equate to success? How much did NE pay Belicheck when they hired him? Or Pioli? Or when <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pittsburgh</st1:place></st1:City> hired the object of your desires, Cowher? Compare that to the money <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Washington</st1:place></st1:State> has spent on Spurrier and Gibbs. <o:p></o:p>

* I think there has been one period in maybe the last 20 years where <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> decided to spend quality money. He DID spend big on free agents in the early 2000-period with guys like Spikes, <st1:place w:st="on">Adams</st1:place>, Milloy, Fletcher and Vincent (and Bledsoe of course). During that span we also had the #2 defense in the NFL 2 out of 3 years. This era I dont put on <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Wilson</st1:City></st1:place>, I put on Donahoe. He neglected the OL and made the worst head coach decision in history with Mularkey. THere are 25 coaches in the NFL who could've gotten <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> to the playoffs with that talent.<o:p></o:p>
Outside of that, he's taken every high road imaginable.<o:p></o:p>
Let me ask you this Lecter. We go into this offseason with back-to-back 7-9 seasons. That's normal for us. However, this is NOT normal.<o:p></o:p>
The worst HC decision in history was Bullough, but I digress. <o:p></o:p>
But you are dispriving your point right there with the examples of money Ralph spent. We can also count the 90’s, when the Bills were in cap hell due to money spent. Or when he made OJ the highest pair player in the NFL. Or the Kelly the highest paid player in NFL HISTORY. Or paid Chuck Knox. There are examples galore of Ralph spending money. Fans though, think once he does not sign one guy he is “cheap”. People are great at spending other’s money. <o:p></o:p>

* We dont have any Fletch's or Clements' to worry about this year.. ****, our "primary" free agent is Anthony Hargrove, who's easily replacable.<o:p></o:p>
* We have the third most cap room in the league.<o:p></o:p>
Do you think that this SHOULD NOT be a year that <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> goes out and spends big in the open market? I'm looking for a trademark <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> excuse and I've yet to find one. This is a team that's got some talent but is TOO YOUNG. I don't think there's a person on this board who doesnt understand the Bills need at least 3 good players via Free agency, along with another solid draft.<o:p></o:p>
Am I saying <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> needs to go out and try to sign Dallas Clark, Lance Briggs and Asante Samuel? Of course I'm not, I'm realistic. But if we have another repeat of 2006 when we go out and get a FA crop the likes of Robert Royal, Peerless Price, Melvin Fowler, Matt Bowen and Larry Tripplett, THEN will you be convinced he really doesn't give a ****?<o:p></o:p>
Do you also think it's right that ultimately we're going to end up promoting within for both OC and GM? GOOD teams promote within. BAd teams and make no mistake about we're a bad team, go outside and find the man best qualified for the job. If Turk is the most qualified OC out there and Guy is the most qualified GM out there then fine; but do you think for a SECOND that is the case? If you do, you're lying to yourself.<o:p></o:p>
We badly need a better WR, TE, DT and OLB. If <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> wants to take a run this year, he will find quality players in at least 2 of those positions. There's not a significant person we're going to lose via FA. He's out of damn excuses in 2008 I dont care what you or anyone says. <o:p></o:p>
Good. I am proud of you. I really don’t care what you say either, although I generally try to pretend to be respectful. <o:p></o:p>
Funny thing is you are ignoring last year when he went out and, on day 1, signed two key guys right away. So his history from last year indicates he will do what he can this year. He has already indicated that he will go after a WR. Teams are built through the draft and supplemented through FA. <o:p></o:p>
As for promoting form within, I will wait to see what happens. Will Schonert open it up more? Will keeping the FO structure similar allow the team to continue with solid drafts? Again, hiring Martz and a high priced GM candidate is not a guarantee for success. <o:p></o:p>

if you want to take my disdain for <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Wilson</st1:City></st1:place> as not being a Bills fan then be my guest. But until he shows a committment to putting the best team out there humanly possible, he's the biggest reason why we've sucked in my book.<o:p></o:p>
and Hammer, my comments are concerning football, not his humanitarian efforts. I never said he was a bad person, or he didn't care about good causes. He just doesn't commit to building a championship team here.<o:p></o:p>
You have indicated that he is a bad person countless times and even used to wish for his death. He works on bringing a championship team here. He might make bad decisions and even have the gall to disagree with you sometimes. But, ultimately, if was only about money this team would be in LA or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> or some other area. That does not mean we should praise him for just being here. But it does show that he cares about more than money.
Finally, please remember his stance against the most recent CBA (Where he has proven right). Like it or not, the NFL has serious issues and teams like <st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:place></st1:City> have to be more creative than Dallas and Washington due to financial realities.

El Guapo
01-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Cash to cap is to make this team the best overall value at the time it is sold. The team will be in great shape for the new owner to immediately spend big money on FAs. Think about it, a business has increased value without debt.

theanswer74
01-12-2008, 09:39 AM
You need two to tango patmoran. If Im a 26-28 year old WR,TE, CB, or LB, why would I sign in Buffalo? Unless you pay me a lot more than another team will pay me, which wouldn't be smart, Im not even considering Buffalo as an option. Why would any of these guys think Buffalo is ready to win? Most of these guys will have another free agency also. Do they see Buffalo as a place they can flourish?

There are a lot of factors that are hurting the Bills.

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey, we can battle. I have facts and data in my corner. <o:p></o:p>
First off, trading Willis was not financial. You know that and I know that. He was a douchebag who wanted out and had a questionable attitude in Marv’s “character” plan. And, for you to say the bad things are Ralph’s fault, but the good things have nothing to do with him is an issue and illogical.<o:p></o:p>
And he could have re-signed <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">London</st1:place></st1:City> and Nate. Of course, there are very few NFL teams that re-sign every single <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UFA</st1:place></st1:City> and those two got WAY overpaid. And Fletcher, despite his season this year is not a young man. For as much as you ***** about them “wasting” money on Kelsay, signing those two would have been even worse, especially Clements. Having Poz on this team is better for the future and a better investment than Fletcher. <o:p></o:p>
As for “Cash to Cap”, it has been explained time and time again. Not using the credit card approach and using the available money every year is not necessarily bad. <o:p></o:p>
Go ahead. Jauron is in the middle. But do your research, you will be wrong. AGAIN. <o:p></o:p>
As for the GM’s, you do remember that just two hires ago the Bills signed the biggest name and most expensive guy out there, don’t you? And he was here for 5 years of the above reference drought. So, you are wrong on “cheapness” being the reason, since Ralph was, in fact, not cheap on the GM for most of this drought. <o:p></o:p>
So tell me: when did money spent on a coach/GM equate to success? How much did NE pay Belicheck when they hired him? Or Pioli? Or when <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pittsburgh</st1:place></st1:City> hired the object of your desires, Cowher? Compare that to the money <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Washington</st1:place></st1:State> has spent on Spurrier and Gibbs. <o:p></o:p>
The worst HC decision in history was Bullough, but I digress. <o:p></o:p>
But you are dispriving your point right there with the examples of money Ralph spent. We can also count the 90’s, when the Bills were in cap hell due to money spent. Or when he made OJ the highest pair player in the NFL. Or the Kelly the highest paid player in NFL HISTORY. Or paid Chuck Knox. There are examples galore of Ralph spending money. Fans though, think once he does not sign one guy he is “cheap”. People are great at spending other’s money. <o:p></o:p>
Good. I am proud of you. I really don’t care what you say either, although I generally try to pretend to be respectful. <o:p></o:p>
Funny thing is you are ignoring last year when he went out and, on day 1, signed two key guys right away. So his history from last year indicates he will do what he can this year. He has already indicated that he will go after a WR. Teams are built through the draft and supplemented through FA. <o:p></o:p>
As for promoting form within, I will wait to see what happens. Will Schonert open it up more? Will keeping the FO structure similar allow the team to continue with solid drafts? Again, hiring Martz and a high priced GM candidate is not a guarantee for success. <o:p></o:p>
You have indicated that he is a bad person countless times and even used to wish for his death. He works on bringing a championship team here. He might make bad decisions and even have the gall to disagree with you sometimes. But, ultimately, if was only about money this team would be in LA or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> or some other area. That does not mean we should praise him for just being here. But it does show that he cares about more than money.
Finally, please remember his stance against the most recent CBA (Where he has proven right). Like it or not, the NFL has serious issues and teams like <st1:City w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:place></st1:City> have to be more creative than Dallas and Washington due to financial realities.

:bf1: NICE!

don137
01-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Cash to cap is to make this team the best overall value at the time it is sold. The team will be in great shape for the new owner to immediately spend big money on FAs. Think about it, a business has increased value without debt.

If Ralph lives to over a100 are you saying the Bills are setting themselves up for 10+ years to sell the team?

Historian
01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
But, ultimately, if was only about money this team would be in LA or <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Seattle</st1:place></st1:City> or some other area.

I pretty much agree with most of your post, until this.

Ralph knows where his bread is buttered.

Al Davis used to laugh at the notion of Ralph threatening to move the team out of Buffalo, especially when he "gets 75,000 in a snowstorm".

Given the proximity to Detroit, the tax incentives, the remodels and retrofits, I would say that Ralph knows he's got a gold mine here.

Finally, please remember his stance against the most recent CBA

Again, none of us really know his motivation there. Was his stand really for the desolate, downtrodden, small market fans....or because the Snyders and Joneses are cutting into his profits?

Tough call, IMO.

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but then you look back on the history....

don137
01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
You need two to tango patmoran. If Im a 26-28 year old WR,TE, CB, or LB, why would I sign in Buffalo? Unless you pay me a lot more than another team will pay me, which wouldn't be smart, Im not even considering Buffalo as an option. Why would any of these guys think Buffalo is ready to win? Most of these guys will have another free agency also. Do they see Buffalo as a place they can flourish?

There are a lot of factors that are hurting the Bills.

Why do you think top FA players in the league do not want to come to Buffalo unless they are overpaid? It's because they feel ownership is not committed to winning.
Most players want two things and they vary in degree. They want to be paid very well for their services and a team commited to winning.

don137
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM

I agree Buffalo will never be close to Washington or Dallas in terms of generating revenue but do you honestly think Ralph is doing everything he can to generate more revenue to field a better product.
Ralph needs to generate more revenue for this franchise. One game in Toronto is a good step. Selling the naming rights to the stadium would generate additional revenues. Ralph does not have to be a pioneer in finding ways to generate revenue for this team. He just needs to look at his counterparts and choose some best practices.

yordad
01-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong.......

If you have a cash to cap policy, and you spend to the cap, in the end, you have spent the same as everyone else. If you spend future cap dollars, you cannot respend them, so you aren't spending more, your just spending sooner.

If there is a problem, it is in not spending all the way to the cap. If you have a cash to cap policy, the least you can do is spend all the cap dollars. Because cap dollars not spent do not roll over into the next year.

The problem with Ralph is, to my knowledge, he didn't spend all the way to the cap. That money not spent goes right into his pocket. I think we can all agree that if that is the case, we could have used one more FA this past year. Maybe just an average signing. One whose signing bonus could have been accounted for in '07.

I have seen estimates of 10 million not spent. Could we have upgraded a position for 3.5 million a year with a 6.5 million signing bonus? I think so. Does that make him cheap? Relatively speaking, yes.

Now, admittedly, I am not a cap guru. I could be wrong in my understading of this. Does anyone feel I should be corrected?

HHURRICANE
01-12-2008, 11:34 AM

I gave him credit for this months ago. It's nice to see that his philanthropy was put to good use.

With that said philanthropy is an ego driven event and his obligations are to the fans that support the team first. Putting a crappy product on the field is unacceptable and as "President" he has all of the blame.

HHURRICANE
01-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I gave him credit for this months ago. It's nice to see that his philanthropy was put to good use.

With that said philanthropy is an ego driven event and his obligations are to the fans that support the team first. Putting a crappy product on the field is unacceptable and as "President" he has all of the blame.

I'll take it a step further.

I run a company down here in Atlanta. If I decided to not pay out bonuses or fund profit sharing and was able to increse my personal income by $200,000 and than gave half to my favorite charity does that really make me a generous person???

Philagape
01-12-2008, 11:51 AM

Those are valid points, but they are personnel decisions; they are football points. That assumes that cash to cap is a football strategy.
If there were additional available FAs (ours or elsewhere) who were a good fit for our team and didn't cost too much, would we have spent up to the NFL cap then? Is it just a matter of not enough of the right guys being available?
I don't think cash to cap has anything to do with that. It's strictly a financial decision made long before the FA period started. Its one and only goal is to save money, no matter who's available, no matter how old they are, how much they'd cost or how well they'd fit. It's a cold, hard, self-imposed limit, and the merits of each signing or non-signing are irrelevant. It's good in a football sense only if the money saved is still eventually used. We'll find out this spring.

Nighthawk
01-12-2008, 01:03 PM

Though your points are correct, the running of this football team is a totally different matter. Please keep them seperated.

HAMMER
01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you everyone for ruining this thread, you could have argued your points about his "cheapness" related to the team in Morons thread. But no, you gotta bring the negativity to my nice thread thanking him for saving a life. You deserve a beating, where's R.Rich?

acehole
01-14-2008, 07:07 PM

Indeed. Thanks.

However he is cheap.

HAMMER
01-14-2008, 09:08 PM
You acehole.

Wys Guy
01-15-2008, 07:54 AM

Please send replies to:

Hammer
c/o Ralph Wilson's Colon

gr8slayer
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Fact is, the guy has never won a championship.

Fact is, he's had longer than just about anyone to win that championship.

Fact is, he sucks balls as an owner and the sorry bastard will die a loser whether it's because he's a cheap ass (which is debatable) or he's just football stupid.

henrybacker
01-15-2008, 12:44 PM
While Moron(s) are calling Ralph cheap, let's look at the big picture....LIFE.

All of these "morons" are speaking in terms of football only. Only a "moron" wouldn't see that.

justasportsfan
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
whether it's because he's a cheap ass (which is debatable) or he's just football stupid.
my stance as well.

justasportsfan
01-15-2008, 01:38 PM
who's the 2 best players that Moran is talking about? Clements and Fletcher? We didn't miss them at all. Clements is overpaid in SF and Fletcher doesn't fit the cover 2. So what's he *****ing about?

PS- don't forget , his opinion will change. So why bother?

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Fact is, the guy has never won a championship.

Fact is, he's had longer than just about anyone to win that championship.

Fact is, he sucks balls as an owner and the sorry bastard will die a loser whether it's because he's a cheap ass (which is debatable) or he's just football stupid.

Wrong. He has won two championships.

Voltron
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Ralph Wilson was one of, if not the largest contributor to the Miami Project.

A Gigantic Tax write off

gr8slayer
01-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Wrong. He has won two championships.
Nobody gives two ****s about the AFL. The only rings that count are SUPER BOWL RINGS.

Satisfied with mediocrity.....

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Nobody gives two ****s about the AFL. The only rings that count are SUPER BOWL RINGS.

Satisfied with mediocrity.....

Since there was no Super Bowl at the time, those were championships. You might not respect history, but I sure as hell do.

And take the phrase "Satisfied with mediocrity" and find it a home where the sun ain't shining.

The line is old and stupid.

gr8slayer
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Since there was no Super Bowl at the time, those were championships. You might not respect history, but I sure as hell do.

And take the phrase "Satisfied with mediocrity" and find it a home where the sun ain't shining.

The line is old and stupid.You keep having fun with those two meaningless AFL titles, until Ralph wins a SUPER BOWL he's amongst the worst owners in league history.

Oaf
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
The last year he's legitimately gone out and spent was 2003. It's been five years since then so hopefully he'll do it again.

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Can someone list the owners who make gobs of money and haven't won a championship?
Dan Snyder
Jeff Lurie
Paul Allen
Wayne Huizenga
Jerry Richardson
Bob McNair
Arthur Blank
Woody Johnson
William Clay
Alex Spanos
Bud Adams
plus more. All cheap bastards!!!

Voltron
01-15-2008, 04:43 PM
The last year he's legitimately gone out and spent was 2003. It's been five years since then so hopefully he'll do it again.
Yeah it seems to go in a 5 year cycle and he just spent big bucks on the O-Line last year so we have another 4 years to go :shakeno:

Hey Cher ... lets list the owners who have not had a team make the playoffs in the last 9 years?

Ford Family
RALPH WILSON

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Playoffs mean nothing Volt, it's all about championships!

gr8slayer
01-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Can someone list the owners who make gobs of money and haven't won a championship?
Dan Snyder
Jeff Lurie
Paul Allen
Wayne Huizenga
Jerry Richardson
Bob McNair
Arthur Blank
Woody Johnson
William Clay
Alex Spanos
Bud Adams
plus more. All cheap bastards!!!It's not about being a person who goes out and spends everything on free agency. It's about being a football genius or a football idiot; Ralph Wilson Jr. is a football idiot.

Also, how many of those football idiots have had as long as Ralph?

gr8slayer
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Such a noble concept.

Voltron
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Ya can't get to one with out being in the running for the other. Baby Steps Cher :D