PDA

View Full Version : trade rumor: Campbell to Chicago?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-12-2008, 03:17 PM
The Chicago Blackhawks have increased their search and are close to acquiring an offensive-minded defenseman, sources have told TFP.
According to one source, the Blackhawks recently re-opened discussions with the Anaheim Ducks regarding Francois Beauchemin, while another indicated the team may be interested in Buffalo Sabres defenseman Brian Campbell.

The Chicago Tribune has reported in this morning's newspaper that Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon could pull the trigger on a trade as early as today.

"There's a strong possibility there will be a trade shortly," Tallon told the paper. "We're looking to get more of a veteran on the back end to help our kids and somebody who fits into our plans."
The Blackhawks have plenty of cap space, but they would prefer to acquire a defenseman locked up beyond this season.

One Chicago-based source told TFP there are very few "untouchables" on the Blackhawks' roster outside of Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith and Patrick Sharp.

While it's unlikely the team will move Martin Havlat, if the right offer comes along the team would consider it. The source told TFP, though, that the price tag on Havlat, who has been involved in a few "incidences" with some of his teammates, would be extremely high.

Meanwhile, the Tribune claims Sharp is close to also signing a multi-year extension.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/chi080111.html

I don't like this last sentence though Havlat, who has been involved in a few "incidences" with some of his teammates. I wonder what they mean by that :scratch: If we acquire Havlat he could be cancer in the Sabres locker room something what this team doesn't need right now.

JD
01-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Id take Havlat

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Why would the Sabres take on Havlat's huge salary? Or should I say how?

Ebenezer
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Havlat is under contact for $6 mil this and next. Campbell is going to cost that much and for a longer period of time...although I don't believe this trade will happen anyway.

RockStar36
01-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Rumors are rumors for a reason

That Guy
01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah just about every offensive-minded defenseman in the league is being rumored to Chicago right now. I wouldn't worry about it.