PDA

View Full Version : Russ Brandon named Chief Operating Officer

Devin
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I am actually not that pissed. COO fits his skill set. I suspect its Jauron and Modrak calling the shots now with pretty much everyone else keeping thier rolls.

bigbub2352
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Promoting form within from a team and FO that hasnt made the playoffs in 8 yrs is not the answer, argue all u want, but we will be going for more years of mediocracy, and being satisfied with it. sorry this is a sad move, and i think the wrong one

Devin
01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Brandon will handle more busness and marketing aspects he wont be doing much on the player end.

yordad
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Great. Now the Bills have a guy in charge that is more concerned with profit then wins. :thumbsdown:

streetkings01
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
A Tom Donablow clone?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-12-2008, 04:44 PM
statement from Ralph Wilson from WGR55

“It has been my experience over the years that our greatest opportunity for success comes when we promote from within our own organization,” Wilson said in a press release. “So, I have decided that the responsibilities of the general manager’s position will be handled from within and we will not to go outside the organization.”

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2976

yordad
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
At least we can get started looking for a OC. But, if this move is foreshadowing, I'm thinking it won't be a long seach. No new applications needed.

jmb1099
01-12-2008, 05:57 PM
I am normally very optimistic, but this stinks, especially the quote from wilson on GR.

raphael120
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
statement from Ralph Wilson from WGR55

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2976

It's official.

Ralph has gone senile.

(Who have we promoted from within that has made huge contributions in the past 20 years?)

Voltron
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Is it wrong to say you look forward to someones death? :shakeno:

Once again Ralph goes on the cheap and we get the shaft. I am really starting to wain as a fan. :sadwalk:

rschepise
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
You people are so silly. If we had gotten a new GM they would have changed everything. Schematically we would have been altered and everthing that Marv built would have been for nothing. The last two drafts have been superb. I trust Guy and Modrok handeling the personnel decisions. We are one good draft and couple of free agents from the playoffs. Thank God none of you idiots are running the Bills' organization. The offensive scheme only has to be slightly altered. Our formations and playcalling made us too predictable. Hopefully Turk can add some elements to the offense and scheme around our players' strenghs.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
It's official.

Ralph has gone senile.

(Who have we promoted from within that has made huge contributions in the past 20 years?)

Who have they gotten fromteh outside that did?

BTW, the answer is John Butler.

Nighthawk
01-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Mediocrity continues...what a joke!

Nighthawk
01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Is it wrong to say you look forward to someones death? :shakeno:

Once again Ralph goes on the cheap and we get the shaft. I am really starting to wain as a fan. :sadwalk:

It is tough to be a fan of this organization that is so poorly run. It is hands down one of the worst organizations in the league.

YardRat
01-12-2008, 07:39 PM
I was thinking Bill Polian.

raphael120
01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Who have they gotten fromteh outside that did?

BTW, the answer is John Butler.
Well, I dont care anymore. This is it though. The Bills have rid themselves of the losing of the Donahoe years, theyve brought in the right people to clean stuff up, they got the morale blah blah blah. They have two draft classes now, soon to be three, of talent that has their name stamped all over it. They're so confident with all the people in place in this organization that they are promoting everyone from within. If they don't make the playoffs this next year, or win against other playoff bound teams, I'm pretty much done with this team while Ralph is president. I always run into people from Buffalo and ask them if they follow the Bills and I always wondered why almost half of them said "Nah I stopped following them a long time ago"...even my dad who made me become a Bills fan has really not been into the Bills as much. It's just sad.

Well Bills...you got me for one more year. Give me a reason to keep Billieving.

Patti120
01-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. Disappointed? kind of. Hopefuly still? Of course. Nothing we can do but see how it pans out and I will hope it pans out for the best. To much negativity exists around here.

I know I will get the same old.. but it's been however many starting qb's and however many oc's since the early 90's, etc. Can't say that I disagree with you but hey get over it.

Mitchy moo
01-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Russ gets a extra $.50 an hour for his new title.

guy
01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
It is tough to be a fan of this organization that is so poorly run. It is hands down one of the worst organizations in the league.go root for the fins ja!!!!!!!!

guy
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, I dont care anymore. This is it though. The Bills have rid themselves of the losing of the Donahoe years, theyve brought in the right people to clean stuff up, they got the morale blah blah blah. They have two draft classes now, soon to be three, of talent that has their name stamped all over it. They're so confident with all the people in place in this organization that they are promoting everyone from within. If they don't make the playoffs this next year, or win against other playoff bound teams, I'm pretty much done with this team while Ralph is president. I always run into people from Buffalo and ask them if they follow the Bills and I always wondered why almost half of them said "Nah I stopped following them a long time ago"...even my dad who made me become a Bills fan has really not been into the Bills as much. It's just sad.

Well Bills...you got me for one more year. Give me a reason to keep Billieving. you shouldnt even call yourself any kind of fan , you dont deserve it. i've been a bills fan since 1975 and will always be one, you, you're a disgrace to this team and all the LOYAL fans. SEE YA!!

Turf
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
It all reeks of Stew Barber. Bad step backwards.

historypete
01-12-2008, 11:00 PM
you shouldnt even call yourself any kind of fan , you dont deserve it. i've been a bills fan since 1975 and will always be one, you, you're a disgrace to this team and all the LOYAL fans. SEE YA!!

This is a typical response when someone criticizes the team. What is this, you have to blindly follow the organization no matter what happens? I'm sorry, but Raphel is right these moves suck. Does this mean I'm going to give up being a fan of the Bills? No, and I don't think Raphel is either, but he has every right to be pissed.

These moves don't help the team in any way. Brandon is an excellent marketing executive, no doubt but he shouldn't be leading any part of the football operations. Then to compound it, they promote John Guy, who hasn't done much in his position with bringing in good FA's. This year was the exception, but he doesn't deserve a promotion based on one year. Modrak is a good evaluator, but he doesn't want to move up. They should have gone out and brought in Gabriel, Casserly or Resse. At least they have football knowledge and experience. Yeah, they might have made a few changes, but when your 30th on offense and defense it might not hurt, especially with the offense. At the very least those guys would have brought a different aspect to the organization in regards to player selection. They still could and would have "consensus". This move is strictly a cop-out by Ralph. He was burned by Donahoe and because of that he won't go outside the organization again, and that is a detriment to this team and its fans.

I'm just sick and tired of people posting crap that says if you don't like what is going on with this organization then you aren't a true fan. If everyone continues to follow the company line at the Ralph then we will be 7-9 every year from now to eternity, and the same slogan will be said year after year "We're so close to the playoffs" or "With a few more guys we'll be going to the playoffs next year". Unfortunatly, if we keep making lateral moves like this then we won't be going anywhere.

Then to top it all off, we are going to get Schonert as the O-Coordinator because he will keep the same offensive system in place. Yeah, because that system was soooooooooo efficent. Actually, it was efficent as producing crap. But stability is important, so next year we'll be running the same plays and I'll be sitting at my couch watching the games and yelling "double TE shift to the left, with Marshawn going off tackle" and sure enough it will come true.

Boy now I'm in a full fledged rant. Its time for a beer.

Mitchy moo
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
It's always time for a beer, 5:00 pm somewhere.

RedEyE
01-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm alright with the penny pinching in the front office as long as the pocket book gets opened wide to free agency.

patmoran2006
01-13-2008, 08:26 AM
This is a typical response when someone criticizes the team. What is this, you have to blindly follow the organization no matter what happens? I'm sorry, but Raphel is right these moves suck. Does this mean I'm going to give up being a fan of the Bills? No, and I don't think Raphel is either, but he has every right to be pissed.

These moves don't help the team in any way. Brandon is an excellent marketing executive, no doubt but he shouldn't be leading any part of the football operations. Then to compound it, they promote John Guy, who hasn't done much in his position with bringing in good FA's. This year was the exception, but he doesn't deserve a promotion based on one year. Modrak is a good evaluator, but he doesn't want to move up. They should have gone out and brought in Gabriel, Casserly or Resse. At least they have football knowledge and experience. Yeah, they might have made a few changes, but when your 30th on offense and defense it might not hurt, especially with the offense. At the very least those guys would have brought a different aspect to the organization in regards to player selection. They still could and would have "consensus". This move is strictly a cop-out by Ralph. He was burned by Donahoe and because of that he won't go outside the organization again, and that is a detriment to this team and its fans.

I'm just sick and tired of people posting crap that says if you don't like what is going on with this organization then you aren't a true fan. If everyone continues to follow the company line at the Ralph then we will be 7-9 every year from now to eternity, and the same slogan will be said year after year "We're so close to the playoffs" or "With a few more guys we'll be going to the playoffs next year". Unfortunatly, if we keep making lateral moves like this then we won't be going anywhere.

Then to top it all off, we are going to get Schonert as the O-Coordinator because he will keep the same offensive system in place. Yeah, because that system was soooooooooo efficent. Actually, it was efficent as producing crap. But stability is important, so next year we'll be running the same plays and I'll be sitting at my couch watching the games and yelling "double TE shift to the left, with Marshawn going off tackle" and sure enough it will come true.

Boy now I'm in a full fledged rant. Its time for a beer.
This is one of the best posts I've read on here in a VERY long time. Well said my man.

Historian
01-13-2008, 01:23 PM
COO fits his skill set.

Unfortunately, it's not his core competency.

Voltron
01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm alright with the penny pinching in the front office as long as the pocket book gets opened wide to free agency.
Sorry that is only budgeted every 5 years.

Voltron
01-15-2008, 07:41 AM
I just saw this quote in a Jerry Sullivan Story on the front page and it needed to be added here!

Add the words “vice president” to enough jobs and you can convince people something has actually changed.