PDA

View Full Version : John Guy named Vice President of Pro Personel

Devin
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
No surprises here.

Coach Sal
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Orchard Park, NY—John Guy has been promoted to Vice President of Pro Personnel and Tom Modrak has been promoted to Vice President of College Scouting, Bills owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. announced today.

“The promotions of John and Tom are all part of the re-alignment process that we are going through,” said Wilson. “Both men have done an excellent job and are deserving of this.”

Guy had previously served as the team’s Director of Pro Personnel since 2001 and Modrak served in the roles of Director of College Scouting (2007), Assistant General Manager (2002-2006) and Director of Football Operations (2001). Collectively, Guy and Modrak have spent 47 years in the National Football League, 16 and 31, respectively.

Coach Sal
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5803

bigbub2352
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
i would not promote someon who got brought in by TD, these are truly sad moves, and will do nothing but contribute to medicracy, 8 seasons without a playoff birth and those are the guys u promote, truly sad, sorry disagree all u want but remember these are the guys who drafted and signed for 8 losing seasons
Sad Cheap and mediocre

Bmax
01-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Not much of a Promotion Really........ New title more money,, The result the same .. Modrak Runs the draft.......Guy runs the pro department.. Free agents....

Wilson Runs everything.....

Bmax

DraftBoy
01-12-2008, 05:09 PM
I have been excited about a Modrak draft left, maybe Ill express a copy of the BZ Draft Guide when its done to OBD for a few friendly pointers

Nighthawk
01-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Guy is a joke and has been since he's been here. Ralphy boy shows his cheap colors once again. Nice job...Ralphy!

historypete
01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
This really sucks. There is no aggressive spirit in this whole organization from the owner to the coaching staff. It is the same ho-hum crap. Hell, they'll probably promote some intern on the training staff to Assistant Director of College Scouting because he is about to graduate from school.

Hard Nose Football
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
We've drafted well since TD left. This is ok with me.

patmoran2006
01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Until I feel like elaborating on these "moves" more, I can just say.

LOL

This ****ing organization.. LOL...

LifetimeBillsFan
01-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Not much of a Promotion Really........ New title more money,, The result the same .. Modrak Runs the draft.......Guy runs the pro department.. Free agents....

Wilson Runs everything.....

Bmax

I totally agree.

This is the kind of move that has become typical in corporate America lately: give someone that you want to retain a VP title and a bump in salary when you decide that you are not going to give them the position or power that they really want.

With Russ Brandon taking over as COO, what you have is more of a corporate structure than the kind of structure that is typical for NFL franchises. This doesn't preclude the Bills bringing in someone to be GM at a later time in the future, but it probably will be enough to satisfy all of the players--at least long enough to maintain some of the stability that Levy was brought in to create for another season or two. This also makes may make the team more attractive to a potential buyer should R.Wilson die at some point in the near future while this structure is in place.

The Bills could yet bring in someone to work under or with Guy or Modrak, but I doubt that will happen. More likely, Jauron will be given more say and, perhaps, decision-making power over personnel. If Jauron's teams become successful on the field, he will remain and may even move "upstairs" eventually. If they don't, Jauron, Modrak and Guy will probably all be gone.

If the team isn't a serious playoff contender in two years, Ralph will be of an age where he probably feels that, like it or not, if he is still alive and sticks by his determination not to sell the team before he dies, he will have to bring in someone to take over the football operations will full powers in that area anyway--and if he does that, whoever he brings in is going to want to blow things up and start over again--why not see if this group can getthe job done before he has to resort to doing that.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm not surprised, but what pisses me off the most is this....

#1 Why the **** didn't they just do this last week or right after Marv retired? What was the point in dragging this out?

#2 Why didn't they even bother bringing anyone in for an interview? I would have loved to see some of those guys that have been talked about been brought here to see what they have to say. Maybe that guy from the Bears would have impressed them enough to bring him here. :sigh:

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2008, 01:30 AM
I am fine with these moves. Modrak has been money in the draft.

For the people LOLing at how bad these moves where who do you suggest we should have brought in and why.

BillsFever21
01-13-2008, 02:19 AM
The Dolphins get Bill Parcells and the Bills get John Guy, Russ Brandon and Tom Modrak. The three headed monster.

This team cleary is going nowhere anytime soon. So who makes the decision on what players we draft, sign, etc. I know Modrak takes care of scouting the draft and Jon Guy takes care of scouting pro players(which both of these areas have been average at best) but who makes the final decision on who we draft, sign, release, etc. Ralph Wilson? I doubt but would clearly hope not. He only decides on who the QB's will be.

Every team has people who works in these positions but there is somebody up top who makes the final say(Bill Polian, Bill Parcells) Who is that person now? Dick Jauron? A career .500 at best coach?

Ralph chooses the cheap route once again. It's hard to beleive we actually had Bill Polian before and Ralph let him go. Hell even AJ Smith and John Butler who have done(did) a good job in San Diego. Instead our front office keeps getting worse and worse every year.

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2008, 02:28 AM
i would not promote someon who got brought in by TD, these are truly sad moves, and will do nothing but contribute to medicracy, 8 seasons without a playoff birth and those are the guys u promote, truly sad, sorry disagree all u want but remember these are the guys who drafted and signed for 8 losing seasons
Sad Cheap and mediocre

Bingo.

So much for the bright future......again.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2008, 07:42 AM
In the continual sea of pissing and moaning that floods this board, we lose sight of the fact that Tom Modrak is one of the most highly respected talent evaluators in all of football. We're lucky to have him.

With him continuing to run the draft, we should be in good shape.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 07:59 AM
In the continual sea of pissing and moaning that floods this board, we lose sight of the fact that Tom Modrak is one of the most highly respected talent evaluators in all of football. We're lucky to have him.

Good point, but we continue to have one of the worst FA evaluators in all of football, plus we now have a guy who is all about the bottom line, money and business as our GM type guy. :ill:

patmoran2006
01-13-2008, 08:23 AM

You do know Modrak's prints have been all over the Bills in both the Donahoe and Levy era's, correct?

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 08:24 AM

His drafts have sure as hell yielded alot of results thus far :rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
01-13-2008, 08:58 AM
His drafts have sure as hell yielded alot of results thus far :rolleyes:
I think that at least under Levy, his drafts are looking pretty good. It's a little early to give a final grade, but I would say that Whitner, Simpson, K. Williams, Butler, Ellison, McCargo, Lynch, Poz and Edwards appear to be good players already, or are at least developing. Guys like Wendling, Wright, Schouman and even Youboty might have a chance, too.

Jan Reimers
01-13-2008, 09:05 AM
You do know Modrak's prints have been all over the Bills in both the Donahoe and Levy era's, correct?
If you wouldn't paint everything with such a broad brush, you might see that Modrak's drafts were far better under Levy than Donahoe. Levy was a consensus builder who gave Modrak a lot more say in the process than did the autocratic and egomaniacal Donahoe.

jdbillsfan
01-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Langston Walker seemed to be a good find. Dockery and Walker were there two main FA's and they help solidify the line. If they do something similar this year, we could be in good shape.

My problem with the front office recently has been the amount of money they have given some of these guys.l Kelsay, Royal, Price, etc. are all over paid.

patmoran2006
01-13-2008, 09:15 AM
If you wouldn't paint everything with such a broad brush, you might see that Modrak's drafts were far better under Levy than Donahoe. Levy was a consensus builder who gave Modrak a lot more say in the process than did the autocratic and egomaniacal Donahoe.
I'd like for you to tell me how so?

I am a big fan of the 2007 draft, so Im board with you there. I love Lynch, I think Poz was a good second rounder (I prefered Harris and said so at the time, but still Poz is no slouch) and for a third rounder you don't get better than Edwards.

But I think in whole the 2006 draft is totally overated.

Donte Whitner at #8 is verging on bust, and I dont care what anybody says.. He's been through two seasons now a non-impact dime a dozen starting safety in this league. When the best you can say about the guy is he doesn't give up a lot of big plays, I say you can find a guy like that in round 4 or 5. To think we could've taken Ngata and had a much better front seven for it makes me sick. John McCargo has made some plays, especially at the end of the season-- but again two seasons in and he's used at best, sparringly. Ashton Youboty has been a disaster that can't even get on the field unless 3-4 guys before him go down. Kyle Williams and Keith Ellison may be good depth in terms of talent, but the fact they both start illustrates how poor this team has been at identifying and signing starting talent via the FA market.

Now.. I will be fair.. Only a real jerkoff could write off these guys after two seasons, but if Whitner and McCargo don't step up and make much better contributions in 2008, then I will tag the '06 draft as one of the more overated in recent memory.

patmoran2006
01-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Langston Walker seemed to be a good find. Dockery and Walker were there two main FA's and they help solidify the line. If they do something similar this year, we could be in good shape.

My problem with the front office recently has been the amount of money they have given some of these guys.l Kelsay, Royal, Price, etc. are all over paid.
Solidified the line and got weaker at LB and CB in doing so.

We need this season to solidify other things without the sacrifice of getting worse at other spots. We're not good enough to have that luxury.

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I think that at least under Levy, his drafts are looking pretty good. It's a little early to give a final grade, but I would say that Whitner, Simpson, K. Williams, Butler, Ellison, McCargo, Lynch, Poz and Edwards appear to be good players already, or are at least developing. Guys like Wendling, Wright, Schouman and even Youboty might have a chance, too.

Alright here we go, Im sick and tired of Bills fan over rating our own players just because we drafted them. Lets be completely honest about the guys you listed;

Whitner: Had an excellent rookie year but took major steps backwards this season. Takes bad angles on pass plays, and can be beaten deep which in a Cover 2 style of defense is essentially cryptonite. He is very good at playing up in the box and in run support though. He needs to make steps forward in his pass coverage before we can say he's a long term answer at SS.

Simpson: Also had a good rookie season as a ballhawk/playmaker. He takes risks and got burned last season. This season was a wash due to injury, so my hopes are very high for this kid even more so then Whitner. He has all the skills to do so, but is his head in the right place. He needs to improve his tackling technique also and there is always concerns when coming back from injury.

Ellison: This guy should not be a starter in any way shape or form. He is a good backup LB and for a 4th Round pick thats not a bad thing to be. He filled in reasonably well this year but his size is something that he just cant get over.

K. Williams: Is not a starting caliber DT, does not need to be a starting DT on this team. He is a decent rotational DT but has not lived up to his billing as a 3rd Round pick. His high motor has been somewhat non-existent and he has neither the athletic ability or strength to consistently get off blockers.

Butler: Probably our most improved OL from last year but lots of work still to go. We consistently we unable to make short yardage gains last season and this is the posistion Im looking to see us improve along with OC to fix that issue. Butler is great to keep around due to his versatility but he is not the road grader/killer instinct OG that I believe our running game lacks. Is he improving? Yes, but I dont think he'll change the way he plays. #1 backup though imo.

McCargo: Has been slowed by both injuries and coaches lack of playing time. Ive been one of the largest critics of his lack of PT, but at some point you have to begin to wonder why this guy doesnt get more time. Is it the coaches, or is his conditioning not good enough, or does he not know the defensive calls enough? I just dont get it. As far as Im concerned this guy should be starting for us and made major strides this year. I am very impressed with this player, still dont think we needed to trade up for him, but Im not nearly as discouraged about doing so as I was after last year.

Lynch, Poz, Edwards: Lynch is by far the best of this group and we cannot begin to say if Poz was good or not based off the two or three games he played, but I think he could be very good for us. My feelings on Edwards are well published and there is no reason to repeat them here.

Wendling: Has shown nothing so far aside from an impressive vertical leap to warrant even a draft pick. He was inactive a bunch which is worrysome considering all the injuries we had at safety. We all know he was a project pick so he's got plenty of time left to develop, but if he doesnt even crack the S rotation next year it may be time to worry a wee bit.

Wright: Effectively was benched for poor play. How anyone can begin to say that this kid showed signs is beyond me. All I have to say is that thank god Fred Jackson is on this team, because Wright so far away from being a competent (not even good) backup its pretty sad.

Schouman: Was an effective blocking H-Back when in, has some pass catching skills...got hurt...not much really to say, I dont expect him to be an answer either as a FB or TE, but could be a decent backup in a year or so.

Youboty: This guy is pretty much on his last chance, his inability to pickup the play book is pretty inexcusable. He has the perfect opportunity in front of him and his pick in Week 17 gave me some hope for a guy I liked a lot coming out of school, but time is counting down on him.

In the two years you reference (conveniently leaving out those previous ones with the Bills, even though Levy is now gone) we drafted a total of 1 or 2 sure fire starters in Lynch and Whitner at this moment. Another 1 or 2 likely in Poz and Edwards. Simpson needs to step his game up this next year to warrant his pick and the rest are either good backups to mediocre backups. To say the least, Im quite unimpressed given our high draft position.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Alright here we go, Im sick and tired of Bills fan over rating our own players just because we drafted them. Lets be completely honest about the guys you listed;

Whitner: Had an excellent rookie year but took major steps backwards this season. Takes bad angles on pass plays, and can be beaten deep which in a Cover 2 style of defense is essentially cryptonite. He is very good at playing up in the box and in run support though. He needs to make steps forward in his pass coverage before we can say he's a long term answer at SS.

Simpson: Also had a good rookie season as a ballhawk/playmaker. He takes risks and got burned last season. This season was a wash due to injury, so my hopes are very high for this kid even more so then Whitner. He has all the skills to do so, but is his head in the right place. He needs to improve his tackling technique also and there is always concerns when coming back from injury.

Ellison: This guy should not be a starter in any way shape or form. He is a good backup LB and for a 4th Round pick thats not a bad thing to be. He filled in reasonably well this year but his size is something that he just cant get over.

K. Williams: Is not a starting caliber DT, does not need to be a starting DT on this team. He is a decent rotational DT but has not lived up to his billing as a 3rd Round pick. His high motor has been somewhat non-existent and he has neither the athletic ability or strength to consistently get off blockers.

Butler: Probably our most improved OL from last year but lots of work still to go. We consistently we unable to make short yardage gains last season and this is the posistion Im looking to see us improve along with OC to fix that issue. Butler is great to keep around due to his versatility but he is not the road grader/killer instinct OG that I believe our running game lacks. Is he improving? Yes, but I dont think he'll change the way he plays. #1 backup though imo.

McCargo: Has been slowed by both injuries and coaches lack of playing time. Ive been one of the largest critics of his lack of PT, but at some point you have to begin to wonder why this guy doesnt get more time. Is it the coaches, or is his conditioning not good enough, or does he not know the defensive calls enough? I just dont get it. As far as Im concerned this guy should be starting for us and made major strides this year. I am very impressed with this player, still dont think we needed to trade up for him, but Im not nearly as discouraged about doing so as I was after last year.

Lynch, Poz, Edwards: Lynch is by far the best of this group and we cannot begin to say if Poz was good or not based off the two or three games he played, but I think he could be very good for us. My feelings on Edwards are well published and there is no reason to repeat them here.

Wendling: Has shown nothing so far aside from an impressive vertical leap to warrant even a draft pick. He was inactive a bunch which is worrysome considering all the injuries we had at safety. We all know he was a project pick so he's got plenty of time left to develop, but if he doesnt even crack the S rotation next year it may be time to worry a wee bit.

Wright: Effectively was benched for poor play. How anyone can begin to say that this kid showed signs is beyond me. All I have to say is that thank god Fred Jackson is on this team, because Wright so far away from being a competent (not even good) backup its pretty sad.

Schouman: Was an effective blocking H-Back when in, has some pass catching skills...got hurt...not much really to say, I dont expect him to be an answer either as a FB or TE, but could be a decent backup in a year or so.

Youboty: This guy is pretty much on his last chance, his inability to pickup the play book is pretty inexcusable. He has the perfect opportunity in front of him and his pick in Week 17 gave me some hope for a guy I liked a lot coming out of school, but time is counting down on him.

In the two years you reference (conveniently leaving out those previous ones with the Bills, even though Levy is now gone) we drafted a total of 1 or 2 sure fire starters in Lynch and Whitner at this moment. Another 1 or 2 likely in Poz and Edwards. Simpson needs to step his game up this next year to warrant his pick and the rest are either good backups to mediocre backups. To say the least, Im quite unimpressed given our high draft position.
Instead of complaining tell me who they should have brought in instead...

Has Parcells even been a GM before? (not sure if he had dual roles in the past) but you guys are complaining so much but I honestly don't see anyone out there that blows my mind.

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Instead of complaining tell me who they should have brought in instead...

Has Parcells even been a GM before? (not sure if he had dual roles in the past) but you guys are complaining so much but I honestly don't see anyone out there that blows my mind.

Ok you asked for it;
2006-
Our Pick: Whitner
My Pick: Ngata
Our Pick: John McCargo
My Pick: Greg Jennings (wouldnt of needed to trade up either)
Our Pick: Youboty
My pick: Dawan Landry
Our Pick: Simpson
My Pick: Simpson
Our Pick: Kyle Williams
My pick: Mark Anderson
Our Pick: Brad Butler
My Pick: Butler
Our Pick: Terrance Pennington
My pick: Marques Colston

Seriously? Why even ask this question hindsight is 20/20 I can name people we should of picked instead all day if you want, but your just further proving my point.

justasportsfan
01-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Jan you are replying to the very same poster who said he loved Marv's draft last year. Again, his opinion changes depending on where the wind blows.

Hard Nose Football
01-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Ok you asked for it;
2006-

Seriously? Why even ask this question hindsight is 20/20 I can name people we should of picked instead all day if you want, but your just further proving my point.
Is there anything easier to do than be a back seat driver on old drafts?

I think Youboty is the only real clunker. The rest are ok or work in progress.

Criticising 4th rounders down is stupid, since so few of those guys become real players either..

ParanoidAndroid
01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
How about this..........continuity.......for a change.
Seriously. This team has tried big names and salaries. Coaching changes and front office changes and nothing gets done.
This team is showing some youth movement and some people want to scrap it all with a sweeping change.
Mmmmkay....

Nighthawk
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, the people who like this move are losing sight of the fact that these individuals who have been promoted are the architects of one of the worst stretches in Bills history! How does that make you feel good about it???

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Is there anything easier to do than be a back seat driver on old drafts?

I think Youboty is the only real clunker. The rest are ok or work in progress.

Criticising 4th rounders down is stupid, since so few of those guys become real players either..

I was asked not to compare or complain about players but rather state what I would of done differently. I know how easy it is to be a backseat driver, but I was asked what I would of done and I happily obliged the request.

Well you can keep your theory on 4th Rounders down but Ill take the Dawan Landry, Marques Colston, Zach Thomas, Tom Brady's of the world. And before you say those are rarities we ran the numbers for modern history in drafts and roughly 15% of the picks pan out to be starters in the NFL, thats not even talking about K, P, or return specialists or those that just contribute on a regular basis.

Hard Nose Football
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I was asked not to compare or complain about players but rather state what I would of done differently. I know how easy it is to be a backseat driver, but I was asked what I would of done and I happily obliged the request.

Well you can keep your theory on 4th Rounders down but Ill take the Dawan Landry, Marques Colston, Zach Thomas, Tom Brady's of the world. And before you say those are rarities we ran the numbers for modern history in drafts and roughly 15% of the picks pan out to be starters in the NFL, thats not even talking about K, P, or return specialists or those that just contribute on a regular basis.
That's good. That's 4. There are 128 drafted every year in the 4tyh round or later (not counting supplemental picks).

I still say that after TD, we have drafted better than average.

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
That's good. That's 4. There are 128 drafted every year in the 4tyh round or later (not counting supplemental picks).

I still say that after TD, we have drafted better than average.

You didnt read the part after I named the 4 players did you?

Hard Nose Football
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
:z:

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
:z:

Thats what I figured

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Ok you asked for it;
2006-

I was talking about GM man.

Its sooo easy to look back at players they could have brought in.... Colston. LOL were you talking about him back then?

DraftBoy
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I was talking about GM man.

Its sooo easy to look back at players they could have brought in.... Colston. LOL were you talking about him back then?

Yes I was go back and read the threads, I was very high on him. Who would I have brought in as a GM instead of TD? AJ Smith without a doubt.

ParanoidAndroid
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow, the people who like this move are losing sight of the fact that these individuals who have been promoted are the architects of one of the worst stretches in Bills history! How does that make you feel good about it???

So, it wasn't Donahoe?

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Yes I was go back and read the threads, I was very high on him. Who would I have brought in as a GM instead of TD? AJ Smith without a doubt.
I am talking about the GM NOW MAN. Get it together.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2008, 08:47 AM

I would hire ME!

There would be plenty of fun times to be had, by all.

Seriously, I would have made a run at Casserly but the inpromoting doesn't phase me much. It was almost a foregone conclusion that that was the route the team would take. Due to Ralph not being able to trust anyone outside the organization due to the TD experience.

I do have beef with promoting Turk though. Guy has what 15 years of NFL experience as a coach and never once got any mention for a coordinator job? Great. Just great.

Jan Reimers
01-14-2008, 09:10 AM

Just to set the record straight, Ellison was a 6th rounder and K.Williams a 5th (as was Butler), so they're doing pretty well. And I purposely referenced only the 2 drafts where Levy was GM, because he presumably gave Modrak more control than Donahoe did. Look at the last Donahoe-led 2005 draft: Parrish, Everett, Preston, King, Geisinger and Gates. And look back at the McGahee draft, which has the egomaniac Donahoe's signature all over it.

ParanoidAndroid
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Just to set the record straight, Ellison was a 6th rounder and K.Williams a 5th (as was Butler), so they're doing pretty well. And I purposely referenced only the 2 drafts where Levy was GM, because he presumably gave Modrak more control than Donahoe did. Look at the last Donahoe-led 2005 draft: Parrish, Everett, Preston, King, Geisinger and Gates. And look back at the McGahee draft, which has the egomaniac Donahoe's signature all over it.

Egomaniac is darn right.

DraftBoy
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM

Yes I see my mistakes, thank you for point them out Ill correct them. I know why you purposely referenced only two but the point is not completely valid. Under your line of thinking Modrak would of have little to no input on the first few drafts (which we dont know), and that Modrak would of have most of if not full control of these past two (again which we dont know) so only referencing two instead of all considering we dont know how much control he had/has is not fair.

DraftBoy
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM

Umm Gabriel for CHI would of been a great choice, Heckert from PHI, Dimitroff from NE (now ATL), Floyd Reese (former TEN), Charlie Casserly are all good choices. Hell I said Id do it too! Whats your point that there were no other good options available? Because thats a rather laughable concept.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Umm Gabriel for CHI would of been a great choice, Heckert from PHI, Dimitroff from NE (now ATL), Floyd Reese (former TEN), Charlie Casserly are all good choices. Hell I said Id do it too! Whats your point that there were no other good options available? Because thats a rather laughable concept.
No I was just asking is all. I do agree they should have brought some people in for interviews. None of the guys mentioned blow me away at all but thats not to say they wouldn't be better than the guys we promoted.(I am on the fence)

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Although I do remember people ripping Gabriel on this board last week.(not saying it was you Draftboy)

DraftBoy
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Although I do remember people ripping Gabriel on this board last week.(not saying it was you Draftboy)

Ohh Im sure some were ripping him, every guy has holes in his resume, I just think that the new 3 headed gm approach may be a huge mistake.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Ohh Im sure some were ripping him, every guy has holes in his resume, I just think that the new 3 headed gm approach may be a huge mistake.
It could be for sure. Does any other team do anything remotely like this? I don't know. I am hoping though that this structure lets each guy focus on what he is good at rather than juggling between his area of expertese and something he is not familiar with. We will see of course.

DraftBoy
01-14-2008, 03:21 PM
It could be for sure. Does any other team do anything remotely like this? I don't know. I am hoping though that this structure lets each guy focus on what he is good at rather than juggling between his area of expertese and something he is not familiar with. We will see of course.

I agree and Ill give them their shot but they dont get the luxury of a lot of time here, if this team doesnt show signs of improvement next season its time to hit the reset button, imo. These guys have been doing these moves to some degree or another the past 2 years this is pivotal year #3.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2008, 03:37 PM
I agree and Ill give them their shot but they dont get the luxury of a lot of time here, if this team doesnt show signs of improvement next season its time to hit the reset button, imo. These guys have been doing these moves to some degree or another the past 2 years this is pivotal year #3.
Agreed.

mchurchfie
01-14-2008, 03:42 PM
They elevated their main beancounter into a football position. We are going to be cheaper than ever this year. Don't look for any big money FAs coming in if any. Maybe Ralph should have brought in Larry Quinn.:puke:

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2008, 03:52 PM
They elevated their main beancounter into a football position.
Did they? :idunno:

justasportsfan
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
At least Guy thinks that our biggest area of need in the D is between the DEs so thats a good sign.