PDA

View Full Version : The Bills and how they are managed !!!!

Bmax
01-12-2008, 04:54 PM
1. Ralph owns the team
2. Ralph does what he wants ...
3, The fans suffer.. from his management...
4, The Bills keep missing the playoffs...
5. The Bills Move away....

6. THE END OF PRO FOOTBALL IN BUFFALO AS WE KNOW IT....

Good night now....

Bmax

Bmax
01-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok I was just a little upset it took them this long to announce this ...

What really happened today..

Ralph owns the Team ...

His inner circle of trust...Not in any particular order...

1. Jeff Littman- the bean counter....
2. His daughter Linda
3. Russ Brandon-who will over see all operations including football. Translation He is the Guy in Buffalo that handles all the problems that pop up in Buffalo.. He will be in on all the important decisions. Personell draft. Coahes etc... Then report back to Ralph... Brandon won't decide who we draft Just who we are looking at from Modrak, Guy and Jauron.....

Modrak will Run the Draft

Guy will handle Free agency with Jauron and Brandon's input via ralph...

Bmax..

Just my guess....Nobody does anything until Uncle Ralphie says so.....

yordad
01-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Well I hate your thread. But, what I hate most is right now it sounds true. I feel like the Bills just lost a big game. And, I'm always pessimistic for a few days after a loss. So, the only thing I disagree with is #3. It should say "The fans suffer.. from his MIS-management..." Oh, and #6 sounds a little dramatic.

:penalty:

OK, I feel better now. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. I don't specifically know what these guys do.

OpIv37
01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
The Bills and how they are managed?

Poorly.

Lone Stranger
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Rather unfortunately BMAX is entirely correct. Much to my consternation the moves were close to what I predicted a few days ago.

It was also not surprising. After having been burned by Donahoe, it was hard to perceive Ralph doing otherwise. I just wonder who's really going to make the hard decisions on drafting, coaches, etc.

Nighthawk
01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
The owner of this franchise is a joke and has always been a joke. Why do you guys think he isn't in the Hall of Fame? The answer is simple, people in the NFL don't like him and I'm pretty sure the feeling is pretty much the same among Bills fans.

RoanokeVABillsFan
01-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, Jauron will have more "power" within the organization so he better win because if he doesn't, he surely isn't going to fire himself...

I admire the fact that most players want to play hard for him, but I'm also not sure of his player choices. His loyalties to players like Thomas and the Chicago guard (name escapes me because I try to purge certain painful memories) that had clearly seen better days leads me to wonder how painful this new adventure could be.

The key is to get rid of players as they're about to go bad like other successful franchises (Pittsburgh, New England, Philadelphia come to mind) and replace them with the up and comers to maintain a long-term successful franchise. The only reason we found some of these guys on our own roster last year like Jackson/Greer was because of injuries, so how is he going to assist in figuring out who to draft/add via free agency.

I will admit that I've liked the last couple of drafts but I'm not sure how much Levy was involved vs. the remaing group (Modrak/Guy) who were the same players when Donahoe was here. To me, this is the key to understand what is really going on behind the scene in the direction of this organization and whether or not we'll be successful in the future.

As always, the moves are puzzling/disappointing and we just have to wait and see how it plays out if we want to remain Bills fans. Stay tuned for the results to see if the playoff drought continues...

LifetimeBillsFan
01-13-2008, 01:15 AM
....Ralph owns the Team ...

His inner circle of trust...Not in any particular order...

1. Jeff Littman- the bean counter....
2. His daughter Linda
3. Russ Brandon-who will over see all operations including football. Translation He is the Guy in Buffalo that handles all the problems that pop up in Buffalo.. He will be in on all the important decisions. Personell draft. Coahes etc... Then report back to Ralph... Brandon won't decide who we draft Just who we are looking at from Modrak, Guy and Jauron.....

Modrak will Run the Draft

Guy will handle Free agency with Jauron and Brandon's input via ralph...

Bmax..

Just my guess....Nobody does anything until Uncle Ralphie says so.....

I think that summarizes it pretty neatly.

Ralph will make the final decisions on anything big. And, either he or Brandon will be the arbiter if the others can't reach a consensus agreement on a particular issue.

IMHO, he felt so burned by what T.Donahoe did to his team that, when he decided to take back control of the team when he fired Donahoe, he was determined never to give anyone the kind of power that he gave to Donahoe. I think he brought in Marv, because he could trust him, to create a consensus building atmosphere at OBD where people, for the most part, would be able to work together and he or someone he really trusts would just have to approve their decisions and arbitrate when they could not reach a consensus. In that regard, I think Ralph decided, back then, that he was going to run his own team for as long as he could with the team having a structure that would allow him to do so--even from his home in the Detroit area.

As to the draft and personnel issues: If you read some of the stuff that Chris Brown has written for BB.com on what has happened in the Bills' "warroom" on draft day, you know that Ralph Wilson has always been present and had a say in who the Bills have drafted anyway--although less so during the Donahoe era. So, having him be the arbiter wouldn't really change things much anyway.

Ebenezer
01-13-2008, 01:22 AM
I think the word autopilot fits.