PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Article :Offseason additions make Buffalo a team to watch

Brian H
04-04-2003, 03:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1533971.html

We made front page again!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Brian H
04-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Good line "So far, in workouts, Jones ("Knock on wood, he's been excellent, at least in what we've done to this point" Donahoe said) and McKenzie have been pain-free and could contribute to a defense that generated just 31 sacks in 2002. Indeed, if fully recovered, Jones could start at left end."

Romes
04-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Great article!!

We've worked hard but we've also been fortunate," Donahoe said. "When the Bengals put the ("transition") tag on Takeo, for instance, we didn't know if we could do enough to get him. But some things went our way. In dealing with (Adams), it was obvious he was close with Pat Williams, and he really liked (defensive line coach) Tim Krumrie. On Marcus Jones, heck, we just signed him on a wing and a prayer, but it looks like it might work out for us. If it all comes together, yeah, maybe we've closed the gap now in our division."

Even though the article does not directly address it, it seems as though TD did not originally plan of having Jones start at LDE this year. Thus, I would not be suprised if we drafted a DE first round.

McClane
04-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Defensive end Keith McKenzie, who signed a minimum-salary contract, is a proven pass rusher when healthy. And the team signed former Tampa Bay standout end Marcus Jones late last season, ostensibly to secure his rights while he rehabilitated from his latest knee problems, in the hope he can regain his previous form.

So far, in workouts, Jones ("Knock on wood, he's been excellent, at least in what we've done to this point" Donahoe said) and McKenzie have been pain-free and could contribute to a defense that generated just 31 sacks in 2002. Indeed, if fully recovered, Jones could start at left end.

That sounds to me like TD is happy with the DE position.

I see (and hope for) Rashean Mathis in the draft.

Tatonka
04-04-2003, 07:54 PM
i think he goes DL... or CB/FS..

i would love mathis.. or haynes... or about 10 other guys..lol..

he referred to jones as being "excellent" to this point.. TD like the guy. i think he is our starter, bar us drafting a stud DE..

imagine if we did draft a 1st round DE.. and have him and mckenzie as backups.. and also irons and denny.. that is strong..

i think that means that the only DTs on the roster would be adams, williams, edwards and bannan..

there is no way we draft both DT and DE, unless they plan on keeping 11 men for the DL.. but it seems most teams, including us, only keep 10 at most.