PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bills are run the way they are

PromoTheRobot
01-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Everything that is going on makes me think my friend has it right: Ralph hocked the team. There's no "there" there. He thinks Ralph has been cashing in on the Bills for years and now the banks own the team. That's why there's no money for anything. It all goes for debt service.

Ever wonder why an old man like Ralph doesn't try to splurge for one last shot at the ring? Because he can't. Ever wonder why he won't sell even part of the team? Because he'd have to open the books and then the crap will hit the fan. Upon Ralph's passing when it's revealed the Bills belong to a consortium of banks and other lenders, the NFL will have a royal clusterf**k on their hands. It will be Ralph flipping the bird at Kraft, Snyder, and Jones from the grave.

No proof. Just an opinion of a buddy with a background in finance. The tax advantage of bleeding the team before you crump is brilliant.

PTR

G. Host
01-13-2008, 12:36 PM
If he borrowed and was able to put the money into assets which his children are able to inherit without major tax hit it is completely brilliant job by tax adviser.

I think it would be very interesting if there became a huge lawsuit after Ralph's death which told how NFL financing works and whether some of the arrangements were legal or not.

ddaryl
01-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I would think that this type of situation would be easy to find out. All the paperwork would have to file through the NFL offices, and before Ralph could leverage the team against loans he would have to get approval of the NFL.

therefore much of this type of situation would have been public IMO

I laugh at the conspiracy theorist around here. teh Bills have the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL.

does anyone here realize how much it takes to run a football team outside of player salaries? Upper management, front offices, scouting, travel, insurances.

Ralph may not use any of his onw money to run the team, which is no different then any other business in the USA, but I'm willing to bet when yuo tab the entire cost of operation we would see that there isn't much money left on top.

but I'm sure many here will attach themselves to the conspiracies rather then the fact that Buffalo is a dying town with weak money and little growth.

personallyt I think it is nothing short of a miracle that we still have any pro franchises left in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
01-13-2008, 12:49 PM
wow, this makes my conspiracy theory that maybe Dick gave Fairchild and Mouse their walking papers not so bad.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Ralph spent at least $50mil in real cash on the signing bonuses for Dockery, Walker, Kelsay, and Schobel alone.

Man...That's a lot of bread.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Maybe Ralph was the second shooter in the kennedy assasination too!

G. Host
01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Nicholas Cage also asked him for advice for latest movie National Treasure: Book of Secrets since Ralph was involved in Lincoln Assassination as well.

Hard Nose Football
01-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Makes sense to me.

I'm thinking more and more that we are in prolonged Rigas like years and the team won't turn around until a Golisano type takes over. Or they move to LA

Michael82
01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Makes sense to me.

I'm thinking more and more that we are in prolonged Rigas like years and the team won't turn around until a Golisano type takes over. Or they move to LA
yeah, because Golisano has done so good at keeping his talented team together! :ill:

:rolleyes:

raphael120
01-13-2008, 07:58 PM
yeah, because Golisano has done so good at keeping his talented team together! :ill:

:rolleyes:

Least he HAD a talented team for 2 straight seasons.