PDA

View Full Version : It looks like New England is going to run away with the AFC Championship!

Michael82
01-13-2008, 02:30 PM
The Indianapolis Colts are the team that many people think can beat the New England Patriots, but they are currently losing to the San Diego Chargers 21-17 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The other thing is, players are dropping like flies today. First, LaDainian Tomlinson goes down with an injury and hasn't gone back in. Then Joseph Addai goes down, he does come back. His backup Kenton Keith gets injured too. Then the biggest key is that the defensive player of the year, Bob Sanders goes out of the game with a big injury. Now QB Phillip Rivers just walked to the locker room because his foot or leg is bothering him. So, basically even if the Colts win this one, they are going to be limping into the AFC Championship next week. So will the Chargers. :ill:

feelthepain
01-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Sorta hard to lose games when you're completly healthy week in and week out...cough, cough Cheatriots.

Goobylal
01-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm hoping the Cheatriots face the Cowboys in the SB. Seeing as how the Cowboys are the nation's favorite team and they haven't won a playoff game, much less SB, since 1996, I think the NFL does what they can to get them the win.

DMBcrew36
01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Both teams are going to be too banged up. Whoever has the best pass rush has the best chance of beating the Pats.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Both teams are going to be too banged up. Whoever has the best pass rush has the best chance of beating the Pats.

Definitely. Both teams are very banged up. Hell, Billy Volek and Michael Turner are in the game right now. injuries are killing both teams. :sigh:

Then maybe I should be rooting for the Giants to win today. They have the best chance to upset the Patriots in the Super Bowl. They came so damn close, when the game meant nothing. hmmm....

Mr. Pink
01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Mikey, was there really any doubt in your mind that the Pats would be in the Superbowl?

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Mikey, was there really any doubt in your mind that the Pats would be in the Superbowl?
yes. I really believed that someone would find a way to beat them. :sigh:

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:12 PM
yes! the Colts stopped them and will get the ball back with pretty good field position and a minute and a half to go. :up:

:pray:

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:13 PM
wow! That was a Brian Moorman type booming punt! :shocked:

Novacane
01-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Well thats it. I'm now a chargers fan.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:16 PM
****!!! This game is over! The San Diego Chargers vs the New England Patriots. What a ****ty game! :yawn:

:puke:

Mr. Pink
01-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Good thing Dungy rested all his guys week 17! :rofl:

Michael82
Well thats it. I'm now a chargers fan.
They have no chance! :ill:

Mr. Pink
They have no chance! :ill:

Neither did Indy.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Good thing Dungy rested all his guys week 17! :rofl:
I was thinking that too. It looks like the Colts were off and out of sync all game long. They looked like a team that was partying all week.

YardRat
Congratulations New England...Welcome to 19-0.

Oh well...At least the '72 Dolphins can now STFU forever.

Michael82
Neither did Indy.

They had more of a chance than San Diego. :(

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:21 PM

But you don't understand, these Patriot fans and the arrogant piece of **** Patriots players will be even worse than the 1972 Dolphins. I could just picture Bill Belichick taking the Lombardi trophy and flipping off the camera, telling the rest of the league to go **** themselves. Don't call him a cheater ever again. :ill: :mad:

Oh not to mention the Patriot loving media. They will be talking all about this team for many, many years now. :ill:

TacklingDummy
wow! That was a Brian Moorman type booming punt! :shocked:

Except for the fact that Brian Moorman sucked this year.

Novacane
Maybe Merriman breaks Brady in half the first play of the game. :pray:

TacklingDummy

Agreed.

The Pats may be the best team ever.

chubluv
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Well maybe Dallas or Green Bay can out score the Patsies. It seems that will be the only way to beat them.

odin
01-13-2008, 03:24 PM
chargers will win!!!!

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe Merriman breaks Brady in half the first play of the game. :pray:
I know it's wrong, but I'm hoping that it happens.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Well maybe Dallas or Green Bay can out score the Patsies. It seems that will be the only way to beat them.

Dallas will be lucky to beat the Giants this afternoon. The Giants have peaked at the right time. Possibly no TO...and then Dallas mailed in week 17, they might have to battle coming out flat.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll be rooting for San Diego next week, but they really don't have a shot IMO.

Looks like I'll be cheering on the Packers the rest of the year.

Kerr
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I can't imagine the bolts having a chance of upsetting NE without a healthy rivers, lt and gates.

TacklingDummy
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't hate New England. They are everything I wish the Bills were. It's funny watching the jealousy some Bills fans show. "The Pats are cheaters, boohoo". Big deal. Probably every team in the NFL had someone trying to steal the other teams signs.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I'd love to see Brett Favre take the Super Bowl trophy away from Tom Brady. That Packers defense is very good and their offense can keep pace with the Patriots. I think that may be the best chance. :pray:

MikeInRoch
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't hate the team. I do hate most of their fans.

feelthepain
01-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Agreed.

The Pats may be the best team ever.

Wouldn't the best "team" ever be a team that would face adversity and still win? Like losing their best player and still win games? That is why it's a "TEAM" sport. I don't see NE doing that, nor do they even come close to the best defense, no they aren't the best "TEAM" ever. They are the best offense ever, but not team.

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
At least SD will have a chip on their shoulder from last year. I don't think they can do it though.

Historian
01-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Why even bother watching?

don137
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Wow both LT and Rivers are questionable next week against the Patriots and Gates will be limited. This will be the highest point spread in conference championship history.
The funny thing is the media loves Farve and if they meet in the Super Bowl you will see the world rooting against the Patriots. The Patriots have to be one of the most hated teams in the history of sports between the dirty players, cheating and how they love to run up the score.

DynaPaul
01-13-2008, 09:57 PM
It's gonna be Green Bay versus New England and I hope y'all have fun watching it cause I won't be.

Michael82
01-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Why even bother watching?
I won't. :ill:

LtFinFan66
01-14-2008, 03:09 AM

Oh well...At least the '72 Dolphins can now STFU forever.Yeah, instead you will have BOTH the all-time indefeated teams in your division. Though I won't lie, the 72' Fins to need to zip-it already. Do something for me now Fins

pats-were-right
01-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't the best "team" ever be a team that would face adversity and still win? Like losing their best player and still win games? That is why it's a "TEAM" sport. I don't see NE doing that, nor do they even come close to the best defense, no they aren't the best "TEAM" ever. They are the best offense ever, but not team.

Are you making reference to Bob Griese being injured in '72?

Should I recount all the "yeah-buts" that were part of that Dolphins' season?

HAMMER
01-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I'd love to see Brett Favre take the Super Bowl trophy away from Tom Brady. That Packers defense is very good and their offense can keep pace with the Patriots. I think that may be the best chance. :pray:

Make up your mind man. Earlier in the thread you said Giants, now Packers, pick one. It's gonna be the Pack, they score enough to possibly keep up with NE.

feelthepain
01-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Are you making reference to Bob Griese being injured in '72?

Should I recount all the "yeah-buts" that were part of that Dolphins' season?
I sure wish you would, like Miami being undefeated and still going on the road during the 72 playoffs and playing Franco Harris, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Rocky Blier, Joe Green...and so on! Or the fact that the 72' Dolphins also had the number 1 offense and the number 1 defense? See Miami won their games by playing 4 QTRS of football, not one like NE most of the year. Miami didn't score 40 points a game, just playing hard for 4 QTRS. Or the fact that three RB's on the Dolphins combined for more then 2500 rushing yards? Or the fact that there wasn't rules put in place to protect the WR's and the QB so they can throw for 500. yards every week? You those "yeah buts"? And lets be honest what chane would the Pats have with all the advantages they have in todays NFL of going undefeated without Moss or Brady in the Line up? Zero....ZERO chance. Miami did what they did in 1972 as a complete team in just their 6th season as an NFL franchise. What Miami did was far tougher to do then then what the Pats are doing now.

YardRat
01-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Swann wasn't on the '72 team, Harris was a rookie, and Bleier was a scrub.

If the Patriots do manage to go 19-0, they deserve the label as the best ever.

feelthepain
01-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Swann wasn't on the '72 team, Harris was a rookie, and Bleier was a scrub.

If the Patriots do manage to go 19-0, they deserve the label as the best ever.

Oh I see, the Dolphins didn't do anything special in 72, even though their starting QB went down in week one and missed the whole season and they played on the road in the playoffs and had no bye week, but the Pats have and entire team of probowlers and superstars and they deserve everything they get, Got it!! I'm sure everyone would agree the Pats wouldn't be undefeated without Brady or Moss, but Miami got their undefeated season with a huge loss of talent, I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure out that Miami was facing a much tougher task then the Pats.

Nighthawk
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh I see, the Dolphins didn't do anything special in 72, even though their starting QB went down in week one and missed the whole season and they played on the road in the playoffs and had no bye week, but the Pats have and entire team of probowlers and superstars and they deserve everything they get, Got it!! I'm sure everyone would agree the Pats wouldn't be undefeated without Brady or Moss, but Miami got their undefeated season with a huge loss of talent, I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure out that Miami was facing a much tougher task then the Pats.

Any team that goes undefeated deserves to be acknowledged as doing something remarkable. Even if I hate both teams!

YardRat
01-14-2008, 08:15 PM

Griese went down in week five, and Morral was no slouch having already led the Colts to a 13-1 record on the way to SB III when Unitas got hurt in the pre-season, and then subbed for Unitas again when the Colts beat Dallas in Super Bowl V.

In today's terms, that would be like Brady getting hurt and then replaced by Brett Favre. Calling Griese a 'huge loss of talent' is the over-statement of the modern football era.

Miami has six HOFers from that team, one of which ironically is not Earl Morral who actually deserves to be there a helluva lot more than Griese.

feelthepain
01-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Griese went down in week five, and Morral was no slouch having already led the Colts to a 13-1 record on the way to SB III when Unitas got hurt in the pre-season, and then subbed for Unitas again when the Colts beat Dallas in Super Bowl V.

In today's terms, that would be like Brady getting hurt and then replaced by Brett Favre. Calling Griese a 'huge loss of talent' is the over-statement of the modern football era.

Miami has six HOFers from that team, one of which ironically is not Earl Morral who actually deserves to be there a helluva lot more than Griese.

Losing a HOF QB and calling it a huge loss is the over-statement of the modern football era? Noo, Calling Earl Morral, Brett Favre is more like the over-statement of the modern football era. Fine don't give the dolphins credit it's not like your bias opinion has any validity. I won't lose any sleep over your opinion, so enjoy whatever the Pats do and give them all the credit in the world, they need every brake in the world to do what they are doing, while Miami had to work through adversity to earn their undefeated season proving Miami needed the "TEAM" to play well to win it all and all the Pats need is for every starter to remain healthy and get every lucky brake under the sun to win it all.

bledslow
01-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Free agency,salary caps,and more games to be played,make what the pats might do(19-0),more impressive then the 1972 miami p_ecka head dolphins.

Ebenezer
01-15-2008, 01:55 AM
Free agency,salary caps,and more games to be played,make what the pats might do(19-0),more impressive then the 1972 miami p_ecka head dolphins.
especially since the '72 fins faced one of the easiest schedules ever.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-15-2008, 03:22 AM
Giants played the Patriots pretty well in the final week.. Im rooting for any team that takes the Patriots down.. I honestly think the Giants stand the best chance at beating the Patriots if Strahan and Umenyora can get some pressure on Brady..

mybills
01-15-2008, 06:13 AM
I'm hoping the Giants beat them, but first they have to get past GB. Favre is on a roll, and that team seems luckier than the overrated Cowboys were this year. Either way, if SD doesn't beat NE, and NE moves on, I will record it and only watch it if NE loses. :up: