PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Clark

YardRat
01-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Just pulled a Robert Royal.

No thanks...Someone else can fork over major-league dollars for his choking ass.

Oaf
01-13-2008, 04:05 PM
:rolleyes:

He made an amazing play on that 1st 4th down, and although he should have caught that ball, I'd take him in a instant if available.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
damn, YD, you gotta judge a guy by his body of work, not one play

YardRat
01-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm in a pissy mood...I really believe the only team that had a chance to knock off NE was Indy, and now I have to pin my hopes on Green Bay in the Super Bowl because none of the other teams left have a chance in hell.

Clark's strength is his receiving, definitely not blocking, and he let a ball bounce out of both of his hands with the game on the line. That's not worth the boat-load of money somebody is going to give him this off-season so I sure as hell hope we're not the team that falls for it.

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm in a pissy mood...I really believe the only team that had a chance to knock off NE was Indy, and now I have to pin my hopes on Green Bay in the Super Bowl because none of the other teams left have a chance in hell.

Clark's strength is his receiving, definitely not blocking, and he let a ball bounce out of both of his hands with the game on the line. That's not worth the boat-load of money somebody is going to give him this off-season so I sure as hell hope we're not the team that falls for it.

Us spend a boatload of money on a pass catching TE?

:roflmao:

Night Train
01-13-2008, 05:14 PM

No thanks...Someone else can fork over major-league dollars for his choking ass.

We should have cut Andre Reed after SB 25.

Jaybird
01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
ill still take him anyday

Philagape
01-13-2008, 05:52 PM
ill still take him anyday

me too

Goobylal
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Polian said he's going to franchise Clark if he doesn't accept the offer he gave them (and they rejected), and he'll franchise him again next year if he has to.

patmoran2006
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Polian said he's going to franchise Clark if he doesn't accept the offer he gave them (and they rejected), and he'll franchise him again next year if he has to.
ya.. I dont see anyway they let him walk away; especially with Harrison getting a year older.

He's invaluable to them.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Seriously? Seriously? The guy had a HELL of a game.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Oh my god. It wasn't an easy catch man

camelcowboy
01-13-2008, 08:37 PM
ya.. I dont see anyway they let him walk away; especially with Harrison getting a year older.

He's invaluable to them.
nice to see they still have cap space :rolleyes:

Mad Bomber
01-13-2008, 08:43 PM

I'd take Dallas Clark in a heartbeat.

I loved this guy when he was at Iowa, and I'd still take him over the stiffs we have a TE.

This guy was also on my fantasy team, and he paid off big time.

Sorry, YR, but he is NOT a choke artist.

feldspar
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't take LaDainian Tomlinson because he fumbled today.

Peyton Manning threw two interceptions...who needs him?

The King
01-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Clark is the best TE in football. He can block with the best of him and he's agile enough to be a 3rd WR

Ickybaluky
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Clark is the best TE in football. He can block with the best of him and he's agile enough to be a 3rd WR

Jason Witten is the best TE in the NFL, when you consider blocking and catching, without question. He is two inches taller and 15 lbs. heavier than Clark.

Antonio Gates is the best receiver at the position, without question.

Clark is real good, but not in the class of those guys.

camelcowboy
01-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Jason Witten is the best TE in the NFL, when you consider blocking and catching, he is two inches taller and 15 lbs. heavier than Clark. Antonio Gates is the best receiver at the position. Clark is real good, but not in the class of those guys.Witten's good, so is gates, but your analysis of clark does him a injustice. The guy is a stud and deserves to be mention in the same breath as gates, and witten. Clark has had a far more consistent then witten as well.

Ickybaluky
01-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Witten's good, so is gates, but your analysis of clark does him a injustice. The guy is a stud and deserves to be mention in the same breath as gates, and witten. Clark has had a far more consistent then witten as well.

Witten is the only one of the three that really blocks. Witten is an amazing player, as he can maul as a blocker. The other two just try to get in people's way, they aren't nearly as physical as Witten. I think Todd Heap should be put into the argument as well, although he gets deducted points for not being able to stay healthy.

I'm not trying to put down Clark, who is a great player, but I'd take Witten over him, and I think Gates is a better receiver. I realize it is opinion-based, but from what I've seen Witten is the best TE in the NFL.

Jeff1220
01-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Watching him yesterday, the thing I noticed most about Clark is that the guy runs amazing routes.

DraftBoy
01-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Witten's good, so is gates, but your analysis of clark does him a injustice. The guy is a stud and deserves to be mention in the same breath as gates, and witten. Clark has had a far more consistent then witten as well.

Clark is not in the same league as Witten or Gates. Gates only can be mentioned with Witten because of his amazing physical attributes and catching ability. Nobody real can touch Witten in best overall TE play. The guy is simple amazing.

I agree though Todd Heap should get consideration to, but his injuries hurt him and watch out for Zach Miller down in Oakland he had a decent rookie year and has the size, catching ability, and blocking ability to be an All-Pro TE.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
WHAT?!?

No love for KII here?

KII is the best receiving TE in the NFL right now, without question.

Ickybaluky
01-14-2008, 09:17 AM
KII is the best receiving TE in the NFL right now, without question.

Nobody is better than Gates in that department. Winslow has a career average of 11.5 yards per catch and has 8 career TDs in about 2 full seasons of play. Gates has a career yards per catch of 12.8 and has 43 TD in about 5 seasons of play. It's no contest when talking Gates as the best receiver at the position. He is just great.

I think KII matches up pretty good against Witten as a receiver, although Witten has it all over him as an all-around player because he is such a strong blocker. I think both are better than Clark, who is being overrated here, but is still a good player.

The amazing thing about Winslow is how well he has played considering the injuries he has suffered. He isn't the same athletically as he was before the motorcycle accident, and the knee he had microfracture surgery is something that causes constant pain. I give him a lot of credit for toughness and playing well through the pain. However, he is paying a high price to play. He is going to need a knee replacement at a young age, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in a wheelchair.

I also give him credit for maturing a ton since coming into the league. He is a real team player who gives great effort, and has cut way back on some of the stupid things he used to say.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Nobody is better than Gates in that department. Winslow has a career average of 11.5 yards per catch and has 8 career TDs in about 2 full seasons of play. Gates has a career yards per catch of 12.8 and has 43 TD in about 5 seasons of play. It's no contest when talking Gates as the best receiver at the position. He is just great.

I think KII matches up pretty good against Witten as a receiver, although Witten has it all over him as an all-around player because he is such a strong blocker. I think both are better than Clark, who is being overrated here, but is still a good player.

The amazing thing about Winslow is how well he has played considering the injuries he has suffered. He isn't the same athletically as he was before the motorcycle accident, and the knee he had microfracture surgery is something that causes constant pain. I give him a lot of credit for toughness and playing well through the pain. However, he is paying a high price to play. He is going to need a knee replacement at a young age, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in a wheelchair.

I also give him credit for maturing a ton since coming into the league. He is a real team player who gives great effort, and has cut way back on some of the stupid things he used to say.

Winslow also separated his shoulder early in the year and played through it. I realize he'll never be 100% ever in his career but he has to share catches with Braylon and JJ - who is a big 3rd down threat. The past two seasons he's had huge years, eclipsing 1000 yards this year. Plus Cleveland lines him up all over the place. Blocking wise I do agree, he basically doesn't do anything. Meanwhile who does Gates have to share catches with? No one. And Gates blocks pretty much nothing too. Much like Crumpler til this year where he was Vick's main target.

I give Witten credit because he still puts up the numbers with other targets as well as Clark. On top of the fact Witten is the best blocker among pass catching TEs.

In short, what I'm saying is Gates' numbers are inflated, not because of his great talent - which mind you he does have, but because outside of him the Chargers pass offense is quite anemic. And has been ever since he came in the league.

Ickybaluky
01-14-2008, 09:36 AM
In short, what I'm saying is Gates' numbers are inflated, not because of his great talent - which mind you he does have, but because outside of him the Chargers pass offense is quite anemic. And has been ever since he came in the league.

If you ask me, that is why Gates gets the edge. San Diego really hasn't had a go-to WR, Gates functions in that role. Granted, he isn't hurt by having Tomlinson for the run game, but teams go into games trying to take Gates out. He is their #1 receiver, so he sees extra coverage to try and take him out of the game.

Also, remember how raw Gates was coming into the NFL. He was a basketball player, so his first year was an adjustment. Over the last 4 years Gates has averaged almost 80 catches for 1,000 yards (12.5 YPR) and 10 TD. That is amazing production from a TE, and to keep it up over a 4 year period is incredible.

Perhaps KII will keep improving and change my mind, but right now Gates is the guy I'd pick as a top receiver at the position. I do think KII is a great receiver, though.

camelcowboy
01-14-2008, 09:59 AM
none of these tightends can hold a candle to Robert royal. :up:

Luisito23
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
I'll take Winslow Jr. over any of them any day of the week....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!