PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning

YardRat
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Lightning in a bottle? One-year wonder? Back to the old choking in the play-offs that we grew so accustomed to.

Michael82
01-13-2008, 03:30 PM
He had no help from his offensive line today. :ill:

The other problem that I had was with his coaching staff. They gave up on the running game early and for no reason. They had quite a few good runs, but they abandoned it and went solely to the passing game. Dumb move, IMO!

Philagape
01-13-2008, 03:30 PM
He's not the reason they lost.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2008, 03:31 PM
I thought Peyton played pretty well today even with the 2 picks.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 03:32 PM
He had no help from his offensive line today. :ill:

The other problem that I had was with his coaching staff. They gave up on the running game early and for no reason. They had quite a few good runs, but they abandoned it and went solely to the passing game. Dumb move, IMO!

New England gave up on the running game before the season even started and it hasn't seemed to hurt them any.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2008, 03:36 PM
New England gave up on the running game before the season even started and it hasn't seemed to hurt them any.

New England throws a ton of screen passes that pretty much work as a running game. Plus when Maroney has been back and healthy, they've been going with the run more. Maroney had a good game yesterday vs the Jags and his stats aren't all that bad on the year.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 03:40 PM
They pass the hell out of the ball and sprinkle the run in occasionally just to keep Moss and Stallworth from getting too tired running down the field the entire game.

If there has been any team in the history of the league that has shown you don't need to run the ball to win, NE is it.

colin
01-13-2008, 03:42 PM
the colts had 4 turnovers inside the SD 30, that's friggin horrible.

if they hadn't dropped that harrison catch they would have been up 14 and prolly would have walked to a 2 touchdown victory.

i HOPE sd can win in NE. running LT, screens, and with very solid corners and a big rush.

Tinboy
01-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Can't understand why Colts keep him around, trade for God's sake! ;)

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Didn't both INTs go through the receivers hands.

Well Peyton DID drill that pass to the RB over the middle that was intercepted at the 2. He better learn to get better touch on those passes.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Didn't both INTs go through the receivers hands.

Well Peyton DID drill that pass to the RB over the middle that was intercepted at the 2. He better learn to get better touch on those passes.

Two were tipped at the line.

The guy is the Marty Schottenheimer of QB's and he just got lucky last year.

Indy should have rolled San Diego today, especially with no Rivers, no LT, and a banged up Gates.

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Two were tipped at the line.

The guy is the Marty Schottenheimer of QB's and he just got lucky last year.

Indy should have rolled San Diego today, especially with no Rivers, no LT, and a banged up Gates.

Didn't Indy play portions of the game today without Addai, Harrison, Wayne, and the Defensive player of the year Sanders?

Oaf
01-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Manning played great today. The ball just didn't bounce his way. He certainly didn't choke.

Oaf
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Last time I checked, the Indy D was against the field against those players, but IDK. :scratch:

Philagape
01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
One of his picks was dropped (as were other passes), and the other was slightly high. He completed 33 passes for over 400 yards, and he finished the game without his top two receivers.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Didn't Indy play portions of the game today without Addai, Harrison, Wayne, and the Defensive player of the year Sanders?

You left out Freeney.

YardRat
01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm being a little hard on Manning, even though I know he doesn't play defense and he can't be held accountable for dropped passes, etc.

But let's face it...Before last year his MO was losing in the playoffs, and it just happened again.

Philagape
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
How many Super Bowls does he have to win? Favre has only one in his career, should he be known as a choker? Is there any doubt that Manning's one of the top three QBs of his era and a guaranteed HOFer?

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I thought the team choked on him today.

Night Train
01-13-2008, 04:35 PM
Staring 2 choking threads on Manning and Clark.

Did we bet $$ and lose our ass today ?

Luisito23
01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Take Peyton out of Indy, and you have another average team rather than a superbowl powerhouse......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

gil
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
LOL, yeah, he sucks - this poster wins today - I mean, really - did you actually watch the game?

Maybe they'll cut him and we can pick him up off the "scrap heap"

YardRat
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Staring 2 choking threads on Manning and Clark.

Did we bet $$ and lose our ass today ?

No - I don't bet on sports. As I said in the Clark thread, just pissed because I think Indy had the only shot in the AFC of beating NE.

Ickybaluky
01-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Kind of hard to criticize Manning, who played well today. If you are criticizing a guy for not playing perfect, that seems a little unfair. In the end he completed almost 70% of his passes for over 400 yards, and both his interceptions were on tipped balls.

MikeInRoch
01-14-2008, 06:56 AM
The premise behind this thread is one of the stupidest things I've read on here. Guess I have to add another to the list of 'not worth reading what they post'.

mybills
01-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Oh the irony...He played better than his brother and didn't win.